It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Feeling of Happiness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
i had the same feeling just before i had my first oobe, haven't felt any as blissful since... it's strange, that's for sure.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
If I understand what the original poster is saying, it isn't happiness that s/he is experiencing. Happiness occurs as a juxtaposition to unhappiness. OK that was kind of a duh comment, but what I mean is that it is sort of a ying/yang situation. These are what are more common in the chemical imbalance concept. I have two close friends that have bipolar disorder. The happy/unhappy (or angry) are more analagous to their descriptions of what they feel.

The feelings the original poster seems to describe are more of a complete personal awareness, the whole circle if you will, not merely one half or another. It is a feeling of being complete. Sort of like you fully connected to the live wire that is the universe, instead of just feeling the hum through the insulation of life. A sense of the world in its entirety.

So yeah, I guess I can relate. Assuming, of course, that I am not completely misinterpreting the original posters comments.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This 'feeling' or 'awareness' can come upon anyone anytime.

I believe the metaphysical term is ~Perfection Everywhere Now~ it envelopes you to feel your connection to everything devine. It gives you the experiance of GREAT JOY.........

You do not have to be young to experiance this connection to ALL THAT IS...imo.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I have had that feeling one time, (now here comes the weird part) it was right before the WTC attack.

I had the same feeling, though I had it when I was watching the live coverage of the Towers going down. Weird, I mean I felt REALLY happy for some reason, I even started laughing uncontrollably, this was for no reason. But I also get a feeling of utter hatred, it makes me want to kill, luckily Ive only ever got it a few times.

[edit on 29-6-2005 by Zanzibar]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
... i dont know what it is but it never happened to me... happened to 1 of my friends though... he was just siting there waiting for some1 to say something... and then he jumped up and he looked... happy... wierd..

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I used to get this frequently. I would also get a warm tingling feeling around my head and/or spine at the same time. I discovered that many things can help me have this, including meditation and being completely intent on what I am doing but without attachment to results. I find I never have this feeling while watching TV, although I have had it while doing computer programming or playing video games.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Yeah I got this feeling. To be honest I didnt like it. When I woke up I had it till when I went to bed. For two whole weeks. Unending, unyeilding happyness. To me it was like torcher, I learned why people cant be happy all of the time.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I too had it for weeks. I'm not sure what brought it on exactly as I was in a point in my life where I was so depressed I contemplated suicide. But it was like after a few days I felt really, really happy and it didn't make any sense at all. After that everything just changed; it was like a huge land slide taking place in the middle of a chaotic land that broke it in half for a new beginning, which it was. A whole new turn took place in my life, and everything improved from that point. It astonishes me to this day that it happened.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This strange blissful feeling happened to me last night. One minute I was sitting in my chair, on ATS, the next minute I was spinning around the room chasing my cat and yelling for ice cream.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I have this feeling now and then, sometimes I can sort of grab onto it and hold it for a while but it will eventually slip away when you get distracted. However I have also learnt that when this feeling comes it will be followed a few days after by a really low mood. I think there is definatly a Ying and Yang effect there. Last time I felt it I was at work and was just kinda focused on my job and being professional at it was rather odd.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Again, nothing so strange about feeling happy and aware.

Sometimes you can be so much into doing a job or getting something done, that negative emotions and pain are disabled.

The guy that falls head over heals in love can suddenly become happy and healthy, whereas before he was down and not feeling so good.

Troy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join