It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JANAP 146 report info!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is from the FAA web site. It mentions the term UFO and JANAP 146! What more evidence is needed that these reports are real?!?!?!?!!

Here's a section from what I found, but the link is at the bottom:

1. PARAGRAPH NUMBER AND TITLE: 6-5-6. MESSAGE HANDLING

2. BACKGROUND: In late 2000, ATP-200 issued changes to all appropriate FAA Orders, except FAAO 7110.10, removing references to CIRVIS reports and JANAP 146. These changes stated that now, all that needs to be done is to present Unexplained Phenomena Reports (UFO) to an Unexplained Phenomena Reporting Data Collection Center, such as the National Institute for Discovery Science (NIDS), National UFO Reporting Center.

ATP-200 has verified with the secretary for the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who has said that they will get into the JANAP/CIRVIS removal questions, at a later date. His advice was that the items are no longer viable, and the FAA should cease their use.

www.faa.gov...

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This basically shows that the gov/military are no longer interested in collecting these JANAP CIRVUS reports. But I wonder if this is a lie, a cover up, or what....? Either way, this is NEWS to me and major news at that!

My father works for the FAA and he's going to send me an entire copy of the official FAA order to terminate JANAP reports tomorrow. I'll post it if I can and if it doesn't dissapear!

[edit on 25-6-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
wow are you saying they dont want UFO reports to come in anymore and instead the airtraffic controllers and pilots should send their reports to the National Institute for Discovery Science (NIDS), National UFO Reporting Center???

im not very clever so ... is that what they are saying??

hmmm i do think this is big news too

maybe the FAA was overflowed with too many reports to handle them anymore....
LOL

thats ALOT of credible UFO sightings

i do trust air traffic controllers and pilots , being they do a great job!

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Yes, JANAP was terminated and now UFO reports are sent to NIDS and the UFO Center. That is news to me. It just goes to show that the gov/military might be loosing more and more interest in the UFO subject. But I would think UFO reports from pilots would be what they want more than your average citizen. Don't understand the gov sometimes...

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This was my dad's response:

I thought so. FAA Order 7119.10 is the main Air Traffic Control order
we use. I think this JANAP requirement was removed some years back.

I will e-mail you the FAA Order tomorrow if I remember to do so.
It will be qite a large file as it is a large FAA ORDER.

ok.
DAD

My father works for the FAA and is high ranking. He believes in UFOs and that the gov isn't telling all they know...

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I remember hearing that any airline pilot that reports the sighting of a UFO will automatically be grounded and lose his job. Any truth to this?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
No. They were allowed to file JANAP 146 reports to the FAA and not be fired. But most didn't file reports because they feared just that, and they would be made fun and looked down upon!

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
No. They were allowed to file JANAP 146 reports to the FAA and not be fired. But most didn't file reports because they feared just that, and they would be made fun and looked down upon!

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This sounds like good news indeed. Its either that they are on a breakthrought to showing that these craft are man made or that the people in power collecting the data is switching out with someone decent. If all they do is throw these reports in a file cabient then they shouldn't have to see the reports. Great find

-Aza

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Yeah my personal thoughts are that they have all the information on UFOs they need by now. So to make the public think they don't need to study UFO reports anymore (and to shut us up) they're terminating them all. But they already have recovered UFOs and a lot of classified information about them. It's a catch 22 of sorts.

Yeah, when my father sent me this I was excited.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Because think about it: how are JANAP 146 UFO reports not "needed" anymore? These UFOs have invaded some of our most secure/restricted air space in the past, so why would they terminate all government UFO reports all together? It's got to be a bluff.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Like you said maybe the government don't think they are a threat anymore. they might have something to prevent the UFO's from operating in certain areas. Who knows

-Aza

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Yeah I'm sure they know why ETs in UFOs are visiting earth, where they like to visit, and when. I'm also sure they know about their technologies as well as their biology ect. So there's no need for them to have anything to do with UFO reporting anymore. Why would they? They want the subject to go away so they aren't bothered by people like us anymore and they can just do what they want with their TOP SECRET technologies and interact with ETs on their terms out in the remote desert somewhere. IMO

top topics

join