It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somebody will resign next week, or may not.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Is rumors around that either one of two supreme justices are going to resign either willingly or ask too.

One is ill the other one a woman has a family member criticaly ill.

The rumors also include that if the justice department secretary Mr.Gonzales resign also, he may be one of president candidates to the supreme court position.

The rumors are . . . who will resign first, one of the justices or . . . Mr. Gonzales.

Has somebody heard anything about this? hum . . .

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
And if Democrats are smart, they'll support Gonzales's nomination. Aside from advocating torture, he's far more moderate than most people believe. He won't overturn Roe, and that's what's upsetting conservatives.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
uh huh

I thought Gonzalas was allready confirmed as Attorny General?

Then have been saying Rehnquist will retire for a couple of years now, because of this thyroid cancer. Never heard of a Justice stepping down because of family health problems. Even so I know the more liberal or moderate justices would think twice before stepping down with a Conservative legislative and execuative branch being rather extreme with some of it's appointments.

And I highly doubt Roe vs Wade will ever get overturned since it covers many other medical privacy issues the state has no right to enforce laws on, in addition to Aboriton. If you get rid of Roe vs Wade you might as well get rid of the SUpreme court ruling dated in 1965 Griswald vs Conn. which allows Married couples to use contraceptives in the privacy of thier own home.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Regardless of what the liberal fear mongers want you to believe, the Supreme Court won't overturn Roe V. Wade anytime soon. Until a large majority of the nation is anti-abortion, the decision will stay as-is.

Republicans know that this is a very fragile issue. Regardless of their strong, even radical abortion views... they know that reversing this decision without the support of a majority of the nation will only serve to hurt their cause and result in a substantial reduction in power for many elections to come.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Somebody will resign next week, or may not

That's a pretty earth-shattering prediction marg...how did you figure that one out?

Seriously, the SCOTUS session will end next week, and it's likely that one or more Justices will resign then or in the coming days and weeks.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well I believe that the abortion issue will not be overturn either regardless of who takes the sit.

Now this rumors came out during this week on one program dealing with politics, the rumors may have leak out from the white house as usual.

Mr. Gonzales is the The attorney General, but his position is only as the duration of Mr. Bush administration.

The supreme court is a life time position.

Justice Rehnquist is ill, now the rumors again tells that he may be "ask" to step down due to illness.

The other Justice is a woman and she has her husband critically ill, rumors are that she may want to dedicate her time to her husband last days.

Occurs she will be voluntarily step down.

Rumors or not, it seems that the hidden agenda all alone may by Mr. Gonzales, he could be the secret candidate for the supreme court sit.

So it will be nice to find out in the coming weeks how true this rumors are, and if somebody will resign.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I think these "lifetime" positions need to change. A person could sit on that bench for 30 years or more if they cling. Sorry but I don't think anyone should be in power that long. Especially when they get old and they want to make a name for themselves so they do something crazy like the new addition the eminent domain.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
That's a pretty earth-shattering prediction marg...how did you figure that one out?

Seriously, the SCOTUS session will end next week, and it's likely that one or more Justices will resign then or in the coming days and weeks.

I will like to said that I got it by my "paranormal" activities, but I would be lying, so it was on the media as usual.

The only problem is that I don't have a link due to been just "rumors"

But it will be fun to see if is true or not.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Talk is that along with Rhenquist, it might be Sandra Day O'Connor. That was a new one on me before I read about it today. I didn't read why, though; other than she's 75 and maybe ready for retirement. Didn't read anything about her husband being ill.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
War didn't end Slavery, it still exists. In AMerica it didn't end it, the Emancipation Proclamation(sp?) didn't do anything either. It freed slaves in the CSA, which didn't follow USA laws. Like banning the metric system in Canada, won't do anything unless America attacks and takes it over.

Communism still exists and is going strong. More commies then democracies..... 1.2 billion alone in CHina, not to mention NK, Vietnam, and Cuba. So war didn't end it.

Facism still exists, war didn't end it. We stopped Germany and Japan from taking over the world, but facism still exists.

And again, the number 4 supporter of the GOP is the Nazis! Neo Nazis, but still Nazis! So Nazism wasn't stopped by war, still exists.

So DJ, if I had a avatar that said "All republicans are smart", I bet you would have a problem with that bold face lie, so your avatar with a bold face lie upsets me. War has solved one thing, war.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Yes, its true. The world is made up of some very bad, or communist, governments still.

My question is, how does what is going on in say, Vietnam affecting us here in the United States?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
So, I was right
somebody did resign this week, from the supreme court, so the prediction was right.

Now the second part of it, who will fill the position?

Are we having another resignation some where?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I was reading about several of the possible candidates. The scary thing is Alberto Gonzalez was one of the more moderate jurists on the list.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
There's another rumor out that Rehnquist will be announcing his resignment tomorrow 7/8/05.

[edit on 7/7/2005 by Lecky]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky
There's another rumor out that Rehnquist will be announcing his resignment tomorrow 7/8/05.

Tomorrow, Friday? If so, it'll be interesting to se how it all shakes out. I think the religious conservatives are gonna be throwing a fit over what happens.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
My question is, how does what is going on in say, Vietnam affecting us here in the United States?

They come over.
They bring nice food.
They make nice food.
I eat nice food.

All is good.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I tell you what, one of the positions is going to long time Bush friend Mr. Gonzales.

The other position is for a women.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I tell you what, one of the positions is going to long time Bush friend Mr. Gonzales.

The other position is for a women.

As a latina, do you support a Gonzalas nomination?

The last time I remember this kind of national debate was when I was in the Army and Justice Thomas was all the talk. I dint give a you know what back then.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I should have added Marg's "or may not" to the end of my prediction.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thanks lecky, well I am Spanish and I will be thrill to have a Latino in the supreme court but not Mr. Gonzales.

Mr. Gonzales will be a worst swing vote, I just know.

new topics

top topics

join