It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's Long-Range Bomber Force Ready For Pre-Emptive Strikes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kojac
The Russians are obviously mobilizing their bombers for a potential pre-emptive strike against the Georgians..

..Putin just accused them of state terrorism..Can't see the Americans liking it though.

Russia will not launch a pre-emptive strike on Georgia- I can wager on that. It has no need to do this. It has absolutely nothing to gain from this. Such a strike will deal a great blow to Russian economy, and investments in Russia by the West, and is the last thing Russia needs right now. Putin is not as hotheaded as Saakashvili, and if anybody is launching any strikes it will be Georgia. Of course it won't attack Russia, but rather the separatist regions of South Ossetia and Abkhazia, and this will happen only after the Russian peace keepers pull out. This is exactly why Russia does not want to pull them out, but has little choice because of pressure from the US.

So it actually looks like US is pushing for the start of the military conflict there. This conflict will no doubt again lead to ethnic cleansing by the Georgians (like it did 10 and 15 years ago). So this massacre will be the fault of US and its arrogant Georgian puppet.

Those who say that Russia will launch a pre-emptive strike, only demonstrate that they know very very little if anything about this conflict. Russia has NEVER attacked Georgia in history, nor does it have any incentive to do this now. I am guessing this is the same group of people who said that Russia would attack Ukraine 2 years ago.

Putin accussed them of terrorism, to send a message to the US. If you have not noticed, he is playing word games with US for years now. During the G8 summit in St. Petersburg this year, he cunningly repliedto Bush that "Russia doesn't need the sort of democracy that US brough to Iraq", after Bush used Iraq as an example of a flourishing democracy. This accusation of Georgia, is nothing more than showing US to keep its distance.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Can you imagine the fal out if the Russians drop a load on georgia and shrug it off as 'pre emptive' anti terror ops?? considering their troops may have been setting up a coup against the goverment of georgia for its desire to join nato ect ect ect?

UK/ USA/ European money would vanish from Russia quicker than a vampire facing sunlight.... and then they would really be in a crap state... American aid alone runs to hundreds of millions a year..

Seems to me that the old bear was just in hibernation till a KGB hard ass turned up the heat for it to wake up to..

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Can you imagine the fal out if the Russians drop a load on georgia and shrug it off as 'pre emptive' anti terror ops??

Kind of like we have been doing for years? Hey, we feel free to regularly toss cruise missiles at anybody who disagrees with us and doesn't have nukes, only to nonchalantly shrug it off as a necessary evil of global war on terror and a fight for democracy, Israel destroyed Lebanon in their war on terror, so why should Russians be any different?

My friend, America is the ultimate poster child for "hypocrisy incorporated and supported by the largest military force in the world", and our very slogan is "We do what we want so don't f*ck with us, or we'll just have to liberate you by bombing you into the stone age in the name of freedom and democracy", so I don't see the world community getting all hot and bothered if Russians decide to take out Chechen terrorists on Georgian territory.

considering their troops may have been setting up a coup against the goverment of georgia for its desire to join nato ect ect ect?

Where do you get that from? Any supporting facts? On the other hand, there are a bunch of officially confirmed facts on never ending US funding of all kinds of radical anti-government groups, (political agitation, political/industrial/economical sabotage, assassinations, not to mention direct supply of all kinds of assets directly from US air bases in the region. Power generators, office equipment, communications (including direct sat links courtesy of American tax payers), TV/Radio transmitters, printing presses with "Property of US government" stamped right on them. Take your pick.

UK/ USA/ European money would vanish from Russia quicker than a vampire facing sunlight.... and then they would really be in a crap state... American aid alone runs to hundreds of millions a year..

Really? How? What, Russian oil and natural gas will just vanish in a blink of an eye? Are you aware that the overwhelming majority of petrochemicals are consumed,ed by heavy industries and not by consumers at the pump?

Seems to me that the old bear was just in hibernation till a KGB hard ass turned up the heat for it to wake up to..

Well, if defending national borders, national security, economy and protecting the lives of your countries citizens from American colonization of Eurasia and wars by proxy takes a "KGB hard ass", it takes a radical neoconservative republican Evangelical extremist to make such a mess at the first place.

D4rk Kn1ght, America was built on the ideology of ones very right to defend his own home by any means necessary, (even though that home was built on stolen land), so if Russians are going to bomb Georgia (which is highly unlikely), at least they'll have a justifiable reason to do so, and everybody knows that.

Unlike Iraq, which we literally destroyed as a nation on completely fabricated pretenses presented to us by Bushes administration, Georgia actually does support and funds Chechen terrorists, and Russians will be simply playing by the very rules that we reserved for our global "War on Terror".

Remember that one? Bushes "we will attack terrorists anywhere in the world" and "will consider any country harboring terrorist as our enemy"?

Pankisi Gorge? That's where Chechen terrorists are hiding out, Georgian president being a puppet of Bushes cabinet is refusing to cooperate, so if playing by our own very rules plugging a couple of Kh-65s right in there is just what the doctor ordered.

Georgian PEOPLE by the way are continuously holding anti-government rallies (and being arrested for it), because the elections were rigged, everybody knows that the puppet government does not represent the people which is clearly shown by the ever declining standard of living for average people all while the few at the top are busy stuffing their pockets(just like in Ukraine), so no wonder somebody lopped a hand grenade at Bush when he showed up there like a liberator.

What goes around comes around, the so called boomerang effects, or "blow back" as it's know in the circles.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Since we're talking "Russian Bear" here, this Georgian situation is just an annoyance on the scale of a fly buzzing around the ear of a sleeping bear.

Same goes for Ukraine, Latvia and so forth.

The waive already broke and the people of all those republics know that they are only pawns moved by the hand of Western ambition.

History clearly shows that Russia always was and will be a world super-power.

Every single Russian empirical ambition failed miserably. They just don't have the drive nor the need for conquest.

But when it comes to defending their own, they haven't lost a single battle.

Tatar-Mongols, Ottomans, etc, Russians always managed to decisively defeat all aggressors attempting to conquer their land.

The outcomes of all major wars involving Russia were decided on the Eastern front.

If Russians did not break Napoleons back he would have been victorious in his conquests.

If Russians did not break Hitlers back, Hitler would have gained the natural resources needed to drive his war machine, and with its support the outcome of European/Pacific war would have been much different.

Statistically, the buck always stopped with the Russians and so far they haven't skipped a beat.

Undoubtedly the 21st century will belong to the Chinese, but their biggest problem is enormous population and resource needs, which will present incredibly difficult economic challenges down the road.

Russian population is around 143 mil (US 296 mil), and while their land mass and natural resources reserves are the largest in the world, they are still the most undeveloped resources in the world.

For them the sky is the limit, and considering the enormous resource/energy needs of monstrous Chinese economy, it sure looks like a super-power partnership match made in heaven.

This whole "Eurasia project" is a temporary and feeble attempt by the typical colonial plundurist mentality to slice away a small piece of the natural resources pie and make a quick buck, and history shows that all such ventures inevitably cause more problems they they are worth.

Rome, Crusades, Spanish Conquistadors, East India company, colonization of China, South Americas, Africa, American "trade initiative" with Japan, etc., all resulted in downfall of such colonial Empires and always brings truly free people of the world together to repel such enslavement and exploitation in the future.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for profit from a honest days work, but profit from colonialism and exploitation is nothing more then spoils of war and thievery.

That is precisely why Western concept of civilization differs so drastically from everybody else. Killing and enslaving for profit is not conquest, it's not strength, it's not civilized, and doesn't matter what kind of spin you put on it (freedom, democracy, etc), it is what it is, a way of a parasite.

The age of colonial plunderers is coming to an end, and they sure are doing their worst for the final act.

Georgia is just a foot note on this path.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
There has been alot of negative talk about Russia recently. The gas scandal with Ukraine. The fake reports about poisoning of Yushenko (if I was Ukrainian I'd poison him if I knew how he was running my country into the ground). The Baltics and Poland all barking out random accusations at Russia, at the command of their new master (lets see what they think about the US after it has exploited them for a few decades). Georgia is acting out its role as a new outpost of the Holy Democracy (AKA a military regime in benign disguise). Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, and Tajikistan are ready to be pushed into the so-called "colored revolutionary" stages. America has done its job. The only question is, how much of this focus was taken away from fighting terrorists- if only they spend a portion of this talent on finding Bin Laden.

And of course, nearly every Russian ally is somehow represented as evil by the Western media. Serbia was taken out, as soon as US felt that Russia is too weak to intervene- today Bush wouldn't even consider doing an idiotic thing like that. Belarus is a Last Dictatorship in Europe, and allegedly the evil of all that is evil. Now lets see- who has Belarus threatened, even very remotely in the last decades? I guess Lukashenka got somebody pi**ed-off, because he didn't host a colored revolution.

The Cold War never stopped for the US. Not for a minute. It took every opportunity to take advantage of weakened Russia, to make sure it never returns to Superpower status again. The only thing they didn't predict, is that Russia doesn't these minor satellites to achieve a superpower status- it has all it needs within, including the right leadership. You can try and isolate Russia, China, Iran, Venezuela, NK all you want, but do not underestimate the potential of these countries to overcome these obstacles. What doesn't destroy one- only makes one stronger.

And by the way, Russia (Russian empire, and the Soviet Union) cannot be compared to other Western empires. Where the others expanded entirely by conquest, Russia mostly expanded by treaties and alliances. Ukraine, Georgia, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan all joined Russia BY THEIR OWN WILL. The Russian Empire helped defend these peoples from the Mongols, the Turks, and the Polish. Most of Ukraine was reconquered from the Turks and the Polish by Russia. Armenia and Georgia can thank Russia their existance today, because alone they would have never held out from the Turks and the Muslims.

During the initial start of the Soviet Union under communism, all members of the Soviet Union were willing participants. And obviously, after WWII, Russia desided that to insure its safety, and that of the entire Soviet Union, it needed some consessions after the WWII (Eastern European members and East Germany). Remember that Soviet Union lost about 20 million people. That is about 4 times the amount of ALL JEWS that dies in the holocaust. No other country in history has lost so many people in such short amount of time. US lost about 3,000 on 9/11. And it launched a global War On Terror. Imagine what would happen today, if the US lost 20 million people due to foreign aggression from an axis of powers. i am pretty sure that it would not sit on its hands.

And remember- Ukraine, Russia, and Belarus belong as one country- no matter what anyone says due to their ignorance of the fact. Thanks to the US, there is now a wedge driven between them. These countries have always stuck together throughout history (add to that Georgia and Armenia). They have never fought with each other. During any aggression they defended each other. And this was for many centuries. And now Ukraine is bordering on almost a racial hatered of Russians, never before seen in history. All of the sudden there are Ukrainian nationalists, proclaiming how evil Russians are. Now if anyone has even a remote exuse, for why Russia and Ukraine need to be separate, I would love to hear it.

US does not know what its getting into in Ukraine and Georgia. It is ignorant of history and of local culture and traditions. There are some places you just need to stay the hell out of- and these are it. People there (people not government) for the most part despise US for what it is doing- those who are not brainwashed. While you are not gonna see such hostility there as in Iraq- I assure you that a prolonged stay there, or making Georgia and Ukraine NATO members WILL SEVERLY BACKFIRE ON THE US IN THE NEAR FUTURE. 2/3 of the world despises the US- can you really afford to increase this ratio?

[edit on 4-10-2006 by maloy]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Maloy, it is such a crappy thing...our governments.

Many of the American and Russian people have family in both countries, no matter how distant it is. And the US and Russian governments really are not good. Russia must understand that its allies, are not allies at all. China, Iran, India, etc. They are not true friends of Russia. Russia needs to find true friends. And that will not be in people who covet Russia's resources (in like Siberia), and most of their economies are based on Western (US and EU) investment and business.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Many of the American and Russian people have family in both countries, no matter how distant it is. And the US and Russian governments really are not good. Russia must understand that its allies, are not allies at all. China, Iran, India, etc. They are not true friends of Russia. Russia needs to find true friends. And that will not be in people who covet Russia's resources (in like Siberia), and most of their economies are based on Western (US and EU) investment and business.

China and Iran are not allies of Russia- I agree on that. They are nothing more than temporary partners, seeking to benefit from friendship with Russia in some way. India- I am not sure about. It had longer partnership with Russia than either China or Iran- dating back to Soviet times. During Soviet Union Era there was alot of intellectual exchange going on with India, such as students from India invited to study in Russia. I would rate India as somewhat more of an ally. Venezuela, which recently took interest in Russia is likely interested in weapons. So are most of Middle Eastern partners. Europe is forced to keep up relations with Russia due to its demand for Russian energy- no long term allies there.

So the only real allies I see, are the states like Belarus, Serbia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Cuba, and Mongolia among a few others. Most of these countries have extensive cultural ties to Russia. Also many of these have shined away from Russia thanks to extensive US efforts (coups). Only Serbia, Belarus, and Armenia really "stayed" alongside Russia. Ukraine I certainly do not see as remaining in the US camp for long- as soon as they find out that Yuschenko is playing them. I certainly hope Ukraine will be a future ally. They were allies throughout history, for the exception of the past few years. And Belarus just needs better leadership and some progressive reform (not the colored revolution kind). Other than this I do not see who could be a true ally for Russia in the near future.

US also doesn't have that many true allies. Great Britain- certainly. France/Canada- to a limited extent. Israel- is more interested in their own subsistence with any help they can get. Other than that- thats it. All other allies have limited ties, based more on deriving some benefit from the relationship, than actually long-term friendship.

I see most "true allies" as not based on military, economic, or other involved benefits- but more on culture and history. Certain countries just stood by each other throughout history. And regardless of what wedges US tries to place between Russia and Ukraine, ultimately they will unite again. It would be hopeless to extablish NATO bases there, because it is guaranteed to be temporary. But of course a good brainwashing goes a long way as well.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

China and Iran are not allies of Russia- I agree on that. They are nothing more than temporary partners, seeking to benefit from friendship with Russia in some way. India- I am not sure about. It had longer partnership with Russia than either China or Iran- dating back to Soviet times. During Soviet Union Era there was alot of intellectual exchange going on with India, such as students from India invited to study in Russia. I would rate India as somewhat more of an ally. Venezuela, which recently took interest in Russia is likely interested in weapons. So are most of Middle Eastern partners. Europe is forced to keep up relations with Russia due to its demand for Russian energy- no long term allies there.

So the only real allies I see, are the states like Belarus, Serbia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Cuba, and Mongolia among a few others. Most of these countries have extensive cultural ties to Russia. Also many of these have shined away from Russia thanks to extensive US efforts (coups). Only Serbia, Belarus, and Armenia really "stayed" alongside Russia. Ukraine I certainly do not see as remaining in the US camp for long- as soon as they find out that Yuschenko is playing them. I certainly hope Ukraine will be a future ally. They were allies throughout history, for the exception of the past few years. And Belarus just needs better leadership and some progressive reform (not the colored revolution kind). Other than this I do not see who could be a true ally for Russia in the near future. If only the Byzantine Empire was in existance today.....

US also doesn't have that many true allies. Great Britain- certainly. France/Canada- to a limited extent. Israel- is more interested in their own subsistence with any help they can get. Other than that- thats it. All other allies have limited ties, based more on deriving some benefit from the relationship, than actually long-term friendship.

I see most "true allies" as not based on military, economic, or other involved benefits- but more on culture and history. Certain countries just stood by each other throughout history. And regardless of what wedges US tries to place between Russia and Ukraine, ultimately they will unite again. It would be hopeless to extablish NATO bases there, because it is guaranteed to be temporary. But of course a good brainwashing goes a long way as well.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The problem with India and Russia, is that India is connected to the west via economics. Seriously, every customer service call now goes to India! So they will stay neutral on many issues. I am sure they are not very happy with the US government support of Pakistan though. Nor am I personally

The thing with the US and Europe, is that they will always be together. Many Euros and US'ers don't like each other at times, but the truth is, that we are almost interchangeable. And when it comes down to it, we feel similar to each other at times of crises. The US and Britain are prime examples. All the crappy things the US and Britain and other Western countries does, I believe the other European governments endorse it secretly.

I love the Russian people, really. I think a lot of them are really beautiful, with beautiful complexion. I actually want to go to Russia but don't have the time to do so. And it would be nice to experience a culture that is not westernized so much. As every country I have gone to is Westernized. I am not really 100% sure if Russia isn't westernized though...I have heard McDonalds has found its way there.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Russia is already lost to Westernization- especially in large cities. Moscow is a damn disneyland now. A large portion of the population (but probably not a majority), does not like this fact, and would have preferred that the country stayed more like it was in the early 90's. But then there are those for whom profit and money overshadow culture and tradition, and these oligarchs won over obviously. Putin is at least trying to return some dignity to the nation, that has been all but sold out to the West by the oligarchs.

Certainly there are "Russian" areas which remain in Russia without been much subjected to Westernization. Nearly all villages along the Trans-Siberian railway- now a very popular tourist destination as well however. The far eastern and Siberian cities and villages are left much like they were 30 years ago. If you want to see Europe- go to Moscow or St. Petes. If you want to see "Russia" go elsewhere. Also Belarus can be considered socialist-era Russia. Little changed there in the last 20 years- and I'd say that is not a bad thing. Westernization has a very adverse effect on local culture wherever it spreads. But the globalists and capitalists spreading it only see money.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It is unfortunate, in the US we don't really hear anything about Russia, unless Oprah is talking about mail order brides.

That is the bad thing about the US, we are just surrounded by US culture, music, corporations. We don't even get much news or information about Europe, Canada or any other country unless something big happens there. It is all about American politics. That is why I wanted to come onto this message board, but 97% of the posts deal with American news, even by foreigners. So I go on the euro and canadian politics sections, because I want to know what is happening out of the American world, yet the US is always spoken about

By the way how old are you?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I am 21.

Ultimately the main problem with Russia right now, is still the lack of organized national leadership. The country is rich with resources and land unlike any other nation in the world. There is a long-stretching educational and intelligence background as well. So many Russians are now asking why the hell they remain poor.

The reason is that there are too many factions, both within and outside, trying to grab as much as possible before all is gone. Few care about the army and foreign policy anymore, which allowed the country to be surrounded by pro-NATO states. Resources are either left undeveloped, or are being exploited by oligarchs and foreign powers. China is sending people over the border in tens of thousands- who then cut down Siberian timber (and other resources) and send it back to China illegally. The national budget is up for grabs for any politician, and the police force throughout the country is a corrupted to the point of being a joke. And add to that intense pressure from outside powers such as NATO, WTO, and EU.

Putin only started solving some of these problems, but far far from done. Thats why many want him to stay in power. I belive that primary focus is to nationalize the primary energy sector. The job is only half finished, with most oil/gas firms under Gazprom's roof. What needs to be done- is what Venezuela did. Raise taxes and tariffs on foreign companies exploiting Russian resources to unbearable levels, so they are forced to leave; or offer to buy out their refineries and infrastructure. Could you imagine China or Iran building oil wells in Texas and sending all of that oil to their country?

After nationalizing all of the energy sector, budget will increase dramatically, and the army and police can be rebuilt from the ground up. There is so much corruption, the only way to do it, is to rebuilt the whole system. Russia is in an immense quagmire right now. They have all the right components, and just need the right leaders. Do away with democracy if thats what it takes- make Putin the king for all we care. But even thats unnecessary because Putin has the popular support. And interestingly the biggest opposition to him continuing on to 3rd term, is from outside the country not within. Corruption and foreign exploitation are bigger problems than democracy.

And if the West is unhappy- oh well. Soviet Union survived isolated from the West for 70 years. Russia doesn't need US or Europe. It doesn't need China or India, or even Ukraine for that matter. Look at Israel- it is surrounded by enemies yet it is prospering and staying on course. The West should just cease interfering with Russian politics. We should make Putin the king, just to spite them.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by maloy]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Maloy why don't you run for office. Like for congress or whatever Russia has there...You are very knowledgeable and seem to really love your country.

My advice to Russia is to become good friends with India, NOT China. Though I wish Russia could be good friends with the US and Europe, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
Look at Israel- it is surrounded by enemies yet it is prospering and staying on course. The West should just cease interfering with Russian politics. We should make Putin the king, just to spite them.

Israel prospers because the US supports their economy and military.

And you should make Putin king maloy if you like him that much.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well first off i don't have any problem with Russia bombing the hell out of the terrorists as they have been doing it to us for years and it is time they got what was comming to them. More interesting though is that Russia have told North korea to pack it in today regarding them threatening to let off a nuke for a laugh. Now if North Korea tells Russia to go to hell and baring in mind North Korea borders Russia, will Putin then decide to bomb North Korea to rubble pre emptive defensive strike?? I don't think anyone would complain !!

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Well first off i don't have any problem with Russia bombing the hell out of the terrorists as they have been doing it to us for years and it is time they got what was comming to them. More interesting though is that Russia have told North korea to pack it in today regarding them threatening to let off a nuke for a laugh. Now if North Korea tells Russia to go to hell and baring in mind North Korea borders Russia, will Putin then decide to bomb North Korea to rubble pre emptive defensive strike?? I don't think anyone would complain !!

Thats the US mentality right there. Some minor country doesn't wish to stay with the flow, and shines away from the Holy Democracy, and you act like its a thorn in your side. Honestly how can NK or Iran be seen as a threat by the only Superpower in the world? NK wants to test its missile- who cares let them. US and France have been doing it for decades- how many A-bombs and H-bombs exploded in the Bikini Atoll - alone? -mind you that it' not even their land they are testing on.

If US and the French kept the nuclear technology away from Pakistan and Israel, there wouldn't be a problem over the issue in the Middle East today. However giving these two pro-American powers the technology to develop the nukes, severly unbalanced Middle East, and forced others to seek nuclear tech as well. Now lets see, to whom did Russia give nuclear technology, without first considering the consequences?

Russia will never pre-emptively attack NK. However Putin did say that US has nothing to fear from NK- because any missile launched towards the US will have to fly over Sakhalin territory (Russia). And Russia will not allow it, while NK will never risk doing it. So why not focus on one enemy at a time (Iraq/Iran), and lay off North Korea. Everyone knows US is unable to counter NK now, and all of the protestest and threats don't mean a thing.

Oh and BTW when have the terrorists "bombed you for years", and what exactly does North Korea have to do with terrorism. The first time NK and Terrorism were mentioned in the same sentence, was but a few years ago, and is complete rubish.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
List of Terrorist Bombings Since 2001

9/11
7/7
Bali
Turkey
Countless Sucide bombings In Iraq
Afganistan

I've probably missed quite alot but the list above is bad enough !!

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I forgot to mention. Although i never said North Korea are terrorists per say they are an evil regime with a leader who should be in a Physicartic hospital and certaintly not have his finger on the nuclear button. I consider NK more dangerous than Iran. They have already test fires six rockets recently and the Russians reckon 10.

Tell me this if NK are not such a threat how come even Russia is pissed off with NK right now?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Wirral Bagpuss, the US will not invade North Korea, as it just will not be profitable. Believe all the garbage that you want about the axis of evil. But remember that economics is god. And god alone will sanction wars

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yes there were plenty of terrorist attack around the world since 9/11, and a bunch before 9/11. But how do you expect to "bomb" the terrorist responsible for these attacks? The Terrorist are not represented by any one nation (or by any nation in fact). They are not a single defined and organized entity. You can't bomb them and declare war on them if you don't know who or where they are. US launched its impressive "Shock and Awe" strike in Iraq. Tell me- how many terrorists were killed, and how many innocent civilians? Israel similarly launched attack on Lebanon. You are not gonna defeat the "terrorists" by bombing random countries where they reportedly reside. And in Iraq- how do you tell the terrorists appart from non-terrorists? You are not gonna win any Wars On Terrorism, through tactics such as those used in WWII.

Russia had the same problem in Chechnya- how do you differentiate who is terrorist, and who is not? Should the entire population be declared terrorists? Should all men taller than 6ft be declared terrorists? Or maybe everyone who looks like an Arab and has a beard? Certainly then North Koreans aren't terrorists.

Well lets just declared everyone who is evil as terrorists....

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
I forgot to mention. Although i never said North Korea are terrorists per say they are an evil regime with a leader who should be in a Physicartic hospital and certaintly not have his finger on the nuclear button. I consider NK more dangerous than Iran. They have already test fires six rockets recently and the Russians reckon 10.

Tell me this if NK are not such a threat how come even Russia is pissed off with NK right now?

Evil regime? Whats evil? This whole "Axis of Evil" term is an immenselly dumb choice of words. What the hell is "Evil"? Is George Bush evil? If not then certainly Dick Cheney. I think my next door neighbor is evil because he has a funny look in his eyes. Who exactly comes up with a list of everyone who is "evil"? And if US is gonna declare a war on all that is evil, might as well start to clean the house from within. So basically Evil and Axis are names you assign to anybody you wish to destroy. If someone declared Canada evil- is it really evil? Surely it must be.

So the description of North Korea as "evil regime" tells us absolutely nothing.

What do you know about NK leader? You can't say he is psychotic or mentally ill, if you do not know or understand his intentions. Personally I trust Bush no more than I do Kim Jong Ill. And Bush has a lot more destructive potential at his finger tips- the potential which he has already abundantly employed in just 6 years in office. Kim Jong Ill has some powerful toys under his disposal no doubt- but I have yet to see him use any of it against an outside sovereignty. Maybe UN should run psyciatric evaluations on all world leaders. Or better yet maybe we should run psyciatric evaluations of the UN. But what happens if Bush or Cheney refuse to take the test?

NK is more dangerous than Iran? And where may I ask does the US fit in on this "Danger" scale? Because in this respect it seems that US outpaces the entire "Axis of Evil" combined (and it is a pretty big axis), based on its recent performance. How exactly do you judge NK as being more dangerous? It hasn't attacked more nations than Iran did (zeroes for both). It hasn't used more nuclear weapons against anybody (zeroes across the board). NK certainly did not threaten anyone (Iran gets a point; US gets 50 points). NK's military potential has very little threat to anybody at this point, and Iran certainly possesses no mean to attack the US (the only immediate threat to the US is posed by the White House I think).

They fired 6-10 rockets? Oh my. I hope nobody got hurt. Oh wait- nobody did get hurt. Well I am sure the intent was "evil". Or maybe it was technological experimentation. How many bombs has the US detonated compared with those 6 rockets? How many people were killed as the result? How many cruise missiles and bombs have the US assembled since then to replace its arsenal?

Those rockets did not reach anywhere. They certainly are nowhere near as reliable as to warrant any threat to anybody. Why doesn't NK have a right to develop ballistic missiles and other means to defend themselves? Oh I remember- because THEY ARE EVIL.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join