It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War of the Worlds impact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Do you think this War of the Worlds movie will boost the interest of the general public of the UFO/ET subject even further? I think it will to a degree, but any degree is a good thing I guess. I just wish Spielberg would produce a UFO/ET documentary movie. A really good one with deep-insider interviews ect. That would rule...

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I don't think he would do a documentry. He did do Taken though and i thought that was a pretty good series.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I mean something along the lines of Fahrenheit 9/11. A really good documentary. Not that Fahrenheit 9/11 was all the truth. I think a Speilberg directed UFO documentary movie would be great.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If War of the Worlds is successful, blockbuster successful, then sure there will be a buzz that will invade even here for a while. In the grand scheme of things it will not do much really. Steven seems to want to entertain pure and simple with no desire to quest for Truth. Not implying I know him by the use of the first name there, it is just easier to spell.

I generally want most creative projects to be successful, but I have to admit it would not bother me if the movie did not do all that well. Since I am interested in how the whole World looks at the questions surrounding UFOs and Alien life I just do not think we need another War-anything to do with Aliens.

But that is the height of my objection, just that sort of wish he had not done it. I will almost certainly see it because this particular Director has such a great style. Just not the first couple weeks because I do not want to contribute to the possibility it will be the $100 million+ blockbuster of the summer.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Well some would argue War of the Worlds is an attempt to tap mainstream attention to the conspiracy theory with the use of the words "They Are Already Here". I too would love to think that the WOTW movie brought about some form of disclourse but i dont think this is going to happen sadly

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think WOTW is just ANOTHER remake.......seems like nobody can come up with an origonal idea anymore

I will probebly go see it though....'sometime'...I like films in the UFO jonre. Even if they are just remakes.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Or the fact that these major weapon systems going up in space have to do with an alien invasion. Our government WILL say these weapons will be to defend us from an alien invasion. But it's a lie. You'll see soon enough...

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well, Speilberg DID do touchy-feely (sorta) alien movies....

Coccoon, ET, CE3K, Taken, etc.

So you can't go too hard on him, hehe....

His first movie (as a kid) was actually based on the "Battle of LA" believe it or not...

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Did he do 1941? for some reason his name with that movie rings a bell.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
you have to realise every "ufo movie" based on fiction only makes things worse.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I am really looking forward to the release of War of the Worlds. I'm hoping that it will make people think twice about the subject but, hopefully, not in a negative way.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm with dulcimer here. If anything, it'll remind people of how much they find the concept to be absurd, how far it is from truth, how absoultely impossible all of that nonsense is, and how completely infallible we all are.

A documentary would either go the way of all the ones already made (no respect) or become a blown up blockbuster with no credibility. Either way, it's no use.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
ill end up watching WOTW eventually but i wont be there first week or so...

I do like the idea that spielberg is all way into aliens and stuff , but his storys are complete fiction and nothing close to reality at all

Taken was a "Good Show" but when scrutinizing its accuracy compared with real life its complete nonsense

I watched Taken when it was on TV , all episodes, and I personally think I would have done it differently. Having alien sex hybrids and abduction sex is just silly LOL

I doubt aliens do that....they may, but i Seriously Doubt it

but im really starting to get tired of that little blonde girls acting
imo shes getting lame now....
it was that "hide and seek" movie that ruined her rep w/me
LOL
i think shes trying to copy the "I see dead people" boy...and it kinda is lame in a way

anyways parents who exploit their children for financial gain and popularity are Stupid,greedy, and selfish...
you ever wonder why Big Time actors like Tom Hanks or Mel Gibson dont promote their kids as "big time actors"????
BEcause they know the pressure sucks and they dont want to ruin their kids life by making them an actor

thats my opinion and i could be wrong but hey

yes its cool that WOTW is coming out tho
its better than alot of the crap the movie people put out these days

i do have a feeling spielberg is an "insider" in a way and he uses his movies to spread DISINFORMATION
but i could be wrong....

anyways we all know that "Transporter 2" with jason statham is coming out soon and it will BLOW ALL THESE MOVIES AWAY

the "Transporter" was the ultimate fighting movie of all time *IMO*
and the "Transporter 2 " Will make WOTW or SW3 look like sissy stuff
but thats ME
I love the Transporter!!!
He could kick any aliens butt any day

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Tom Hank's son Colin is an actor, he was a regular on Roswell for a season or so.

I keep things in their proper place most of the time, entertainment is just for fun. I guess it is just that this is such an important subject, and it's potential implications are so vast that I cannot help but want all the positive help we can get.

Overall I would have to say that Spielberg has done more for the cause of 'friendly aliens' than almost any other movie-maker. Oh, and if E.T. is supposed to be disinformation I will eat my non-existant hat.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I can't wait for this movie!!!!!

I read there is a scene in the movie that shows the picture of the woman who channeled images of the end of the world for H. G Wells to base his book from.

I totally just made that up but you believed me for a second didn't ya.
hehe

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
oh i was wrong lol
i didnt know hanks jr was an actor doh !

i just ate my foot

well when i said speilberg and disinfo i kinda meant recently sorry i didnt specify that
ET close encounters , the early ones seemed very reasonable

but Taken in my opinion is just giving the alien sex people some backup and i didnt like that because i dont think alien sex is real but thats me im Assuming things like an idiot

i have my right to gripe i spent the whole 10hours or whatever watching the whole thing episode one and two i really really like but when the alien sex started i got really upset!

i certainly Hope thats Fiction!!

i will say that i think hes disinfo - like is that he does help support the notion in peoples minds that aliens are a "Fictional" thing found only in movies and on TV
he may not even realize it conciously but he IS causing trouble for the reality of UFOs in todays current dillema *trying to get disclosure*

and on the other hand he is helping the UFO community by spreading awareness to others about aliens....

so really after i realize my own stupidity 10times over i come to this conclusion ::: He is and isnt a disinfo agent inadvertantly, and his movies are hurting and helping us .

alrite that should do it
ill try to post sober next time; my apoligys

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Well some would argue War of the Worlds is an attempt to tap mainstream attention to the conspiracy theory with the use of the words "They Are Already Here". I too would love to think that the WOTW movie brought about some form of disclourse but i dont think this is going to happen sadly

Might I suggest an alternate "read" on that?

This may be consciously, or even, unconsciously, a response to mainstream Terrorist theory.

Consider how easily the "Martians" (in th original novel the invaders were supposedly grom Mars) can be substituted for the "Muslims", how the Martians burst on the scene with massive deadly attacks on innocent and unsuspecting civilians, unprovked and seemingly unstoppable.

Employing a bit of rhetorical analysis to contemporary media can be most enlightening....and disturbing.

I sincerly hope that Speilberg and Criuse have not succumbed to the rampant xenophobia that seems to have gripped at least the Western world since 9/11.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I'm curious to see it. Have they released teaser pictures with what the aliens look like? Or is that one of those things we have to just wait for? From what I saw of the trailer, I think they might look like the aliens on Independence Day.

top topics

join