It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The anti-war movement is disgusting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
People involved in the anti-war movement are some of the most disguting people ever.

They are very selfish: They don't care about soldiers dying in Iraq. They only care about getting on TV and making a quick buck. They are hoping to be seen as the next cool guys. The new leaders that are smart and everyone wants to give a big hug.

They are liars: They are saying that Iraqi is an awful place and we are losing the war, which we are not. This isn't even a war. In the Civil War Battle of Cold Harbor, over three thousand Americans were killed in a matter of seconds. That is double what the terrorists in Iraq have caused over two years. Suicide bombings and guerilla warfare never works and is a sign of a completly defeated enemy.

They offer no solutions: All we hear is that the war is awful, the war is wrong, we are evil. They are not willing to work or sacrafice anything to make it better. They are just interested in saying "I'm right, you're wrong, give me all your money and become my slave." They offer no reasonable solutions on what to do.

They are arm-chair leaders: They made the judgement that Iraq wasn't a threat until we knew for sure. They held their hand before the war and now want us all to believe that they were right from the start. Before the war, they believed Sadaam was a threat and could not say for sure that he had no WMDs, which was the point of this war, to make sure he can't hurt us.

They are very dangerous: They are succedding in convincing people that the Iraq war is a mess and a massive pullout would be best, despite the fact that this will lead to genocide with millions dead. If we pulled out, al Qaeda will have the nation it always wanted, far richer than others with a full military that we trained and a ton of infrastructure. Our friends that supported us and fought on our side would all be killed.

If there are any anti-war people out there that want to debate me on these issues I'm all for it.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
There's nothing to debate; you've already decided that all anti-war believers are selfish liars, who don't care one iota about the deaths resulting from this war; are you really trying to imply that you'd consider an opposing argument?

(out of interest, you're implying that Iraq isn't actually an awful place. Can you elaborate further? Maybe your definition of "awful" is different from the norm?)

This is perhaps the most compelling reason why your post appears to be simply an angry rant; you don't seem interested in the slightest in debate or discussion; just venting your spleen.

Which is fine! Just be honest about it; don't try to hide it under the guise of wanting a discussion.

(unless of course you're simply being sarcastic and/or facetious, in which case you should try using appropriate clues to such, as we're not psychic....)

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Why would anyone wanr to debate such a moronic post.

Welcome to ignore.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
how can you say anyone who opposes the war is doing so just to be famous.some people make me sick.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Those who oppose the war have the right to do so, just as those who support the war have the right to do so.

Anything else, such as belittling or making assertions that those who oppose are "disgusting", are immaterial and amount to nothing but semantics, and should be dismissed as meaningless rhetoric meant to incite rather than discuss opposing viewpoints.

seekerof

[edit on 25-6-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedWhiteandBlood
People involved in the anti-war movement are some of the most disguting people ever.

So people who like to see people dead in war is good right?

They are very selfish: They don't care about soldiers dying in Iraq. They only care about getting on TV and making a quick buck. They are hoping to be seen as the next cool guys. The new leaders that are smart and everyone wants to give a big hug.

Stop getting brainwashed by bush and his corporate buddies who are making a lot of money from this war.

They are liars: They are saying that Iraqi is an awful place and we are losing the war, which we are not. This isn't even a war. In the Civil War Battle of Cold Harbor, over three thousand Americans were killed in a matter of seconds. That is double what the terrorists in Iraq have caused over two years. Suicide bombings and guerilla warfare never works and is a sign of a completly defeated enemy.

Even the CIA said iraq has nothing to do with 9/11. So i guess you never heard of vietnam? We stay there for 10 years on guerilla warfare and we still can't win.

They offer no solutions: All we hear is that the war is awful, the war is wrong, we are evil. They are not willing to work or sacrafice anything to make it better. They are just interested in saying "I'm right, you're wrong, give me all your money and become my slave." They offer no reasonable solutions on what to do.

This war is awful, so i guess let our soldiers die fighting this war is a better solution hun?

They are arm-chair leaders: They made the judgement that Iraq wasn't a threat until we knew for sure. They held their hand before the war and now want us all to believe that they were right from the start. Before the war, they believed Sadaam was a threat and could not say for sure that he had no WMDs, which was the point of this war, to make sure he can't hurt us.

Iraq is not a threat, even the CIA admit that. There are worst threats out there like North Korea, China, and some of our home problems like illigal immigration.

They are very dangerous: They are succedding in convincing people that the Iraq war is a mess and a massive pullout would be best, despite the fact that this will lead to genocide with millions dead. If we pulled out, al Qaeda will have the nation it always wanted, far richer than others with a full military that we trained and a ton of infrastructure. Our friends that supported us and fought on our side would all be killed.

It is a mess! so i guess 1800+ americans and rising and thousand of iraqi's dead is not a mess? Sure pulling out might not be the best idea but at least it's better than anything that bush and his corporate buddies can come up with. Staying in iraq and let our soldiers is not the best solution

If there are any anti-war people out there that want to debate me on these issues I'm all for it.

First, i am not anti-war by the way, i don't support this war because it was started with lies and more lies, there is no WMD, thousands of soldiers and iraqi's are dead because of lies and it is not worth it! what we spend now? 300 billion dollars on this war... thats enough to end world hunger for 20 years! why don't we do that?

second, deny ignorance!

[edit on 25-6-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You moron. get a brain.
your just one of these decendants of imperialists. you think war is good. war is ok.
"anti-war, leftists, blah! what do they know?"

better wake up fast moron. your nation is falling apart, and there will be vengence for the hideous crimes americans have committed in the name of money and empire.

Edit: Big Quote violation removed, and the name calling will cease. U2u sent to this member. Heed the Terms and Conditions of this site.

[edit on 25-6-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Obviously there are alot of people on here involved with the anti-war movement I'm assuming? heh..

Anyways, I disagree with the anti-war movement myself, however I don't assume all are disgusting people, etc.

I agree that many of them do not care about the soldiers, and what it means to fight for something you believe in, and, in general, from what I have seen, most seem to be either:
a) teenagers
b) hippies
c) pot-heads

Now then, this is speaking from experience, so please don't flame. Just makign a statement.

It also makes me kinda sick at this site. This site is so obviously biased towards the left that it makes us on the right basically not have an opinion. I think this is an issue that needs to be addressed.

But I would have to disagree on one final thing, guerilla warfare DOES work. Actually, it gives a HUGE advantage to those using it.

Examples:

a) The American Revolution. Used by the Rebels against the British.
b) Vietnam. The Vietcong, or the VC, used this against the U.S. Though the U.S. could have won that war after the Tet Offensive, politics forced a pullout.

-wD

[edit on 25-6-2005 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Anyways, I disagree with the anti-war movement myself, however I don't assume all are disgusting people, etc.

For which I commend you. And your opinion is well articulated, and you're not "looking for a fight".

It also makes me kinda sick at this site. This site is so obviously biased towards the left that it makes us on the right basically not have an opinion. I think this is an issue that needs to be addressed.

A number of posters from the left would say that there is actually a good representation from the right and its ideas... I think that depending on where you're standing, this board will always seem "too much" of this or "too little" of that. I personally had a lot of problems with the sometimes rabid bashing of liberals, France, Germany, etc... to the point where I see that kind of post, think about replying and go "What's the use?" Probably like the reaction you get when reading some positions.

In the end, this board is what everyone makes it. But a good number of threads seem a lot more bent on each side digging in their heels than an actual discussion and exchange of ideas.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Opposing the war like many has said already is our constitutional right.

We may oppose the war for many reasons, in my personal experience, I was in favor of retaliation for the events of 9/11, and was very much in favor of attacking and bombing Afghanistan.

I also would have loved to see US taking more actions against the Saudi government.

I have no problem either with the invasion of Iraq, during the successful campaign, in the beginning.

Now I am against the Iraqi conflict and no end occupation.

Do I consider myself disgusting or despicable, pot head, hippy, anti-American or else?

No, I don't and I am proud to be against the mess, death and mayhem that Iraq has turn into.

I am disgusted with the death of our troops, civilians in Iraq and the despicable way of lies that had been feed to us by the present administration in the pursue of a "war" in an Ideology that is making profits to everybody else in the corporate world involve in the defense budget but for us the regular American people that are sacrifying our loves one for them are not getting anything but a deficit that will be the legacy of our children for years to come.

That is what I find despicable and disgusting and as an American I have the right to now why, I am tired of the lies.

[edit on 25-6-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedWhiteandBlood

Don't you just hate those guys?

Don't worry, he's dead now. You won't hear him whining about "peace this" or "UN inspectors" that.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
After all the information that has leaked out through the MSM, those who still support this war personally disturb me. This is nothing against our troops who are just following orders; my disdain is toward the current administration in power.

I have every right to speak out against this horrible war and will continue to do so Mr. redwhiteandblood.

If you believe in this war so much then by all means please enlist or if you have any children do your country a favor and send them off as well. I am so sick and tired of being told I am anti-American for questioning the motives of the current administration.

originally posted by WeBDeviL
I agree that many of them do not care about the soldiers, and what it means to fight for something you believe in, and, in general, from what I have seen, most seem to be either:
a) teenagers
b) hippies
c) pot-heads

How narrow-minded, that sounds like something Rush Limbaugh would say and for the record, I am none of the above. I do care for our soldiers who were mislead about this war, I also care that our government doesn't properly equip them and then continues to send them off to fight. You may want to pay attention to the budget cuts for veteran healthcare benefits as well. It angers me that our nation keeps pouring billions and billion of dollars into this war yet things do not seem to be improving unless you count profits for certain American corporations.

I'm sure there are many who still support this war because they feel that we are doing it for the Iraqi people, I suggest you connect the dots and realize that the United States has some selfish motives of its own. I am against the neocon agenda that this administration is fulfilling in the disguise of pretending like they care about "freedom". Freedom to this administration = nations willing to cooperate by letting us buy their oil. The best way to encourage terrorism is for our nation to keep going down this current path of invading sovereign nations, participating and allowing in torture, and further alienating the entire world.

We have arrogantly turned our noses up to:
the U.N
Amnesty International
the Red Cross

Apparently, China is universally favored over the United States now. Who else can we possibly piss off to further drive our reputation into the ground? Stop blaming everyone else for all these problems because no one is buying that BS anymore.

[edit on 6/25/2005 by Lecky]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL

a) teenagers
b) hippies
c) pot-heads

YOu're leaving out a very important group. The many soldiers and former military/war vets who oppose this idiotic war.

One of the biggest reasons I opposed it is BECAUSE I support our men and women in uniform. 2000 or more have died and many more are maimed for life. The whole thing was based on lies. And then there's the multitude of innocent Iraqis who have died in the process.

It's reprehensible. Now our military is being driven into the ground and can no longer meet their recruiting quotas. How can anyone in their right mind support that?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
how can anyone 'support' a war?

its not a football team is it!

they dont want you over there on the weekends, cheering from the sidelines, waving your teams colours.

i dispare with some people.

war is a racket. even if one isnt, it should never be supported.

this idea that you need to support your troops is insulting and servile.
it suggests that somewhere there are people who dont support the troops, couldnt care less and would prefer that they all died and never came back. it is obvious that eveyone supports their troops.

stop allowing people to take you from behind to support their snatch and grab bullying, in other words dont allow yourself to be manipulated by people trying to suggest that you are somehow inhumane if you dont do what they say, which is support the war.
they are lieing to you and messing you about to get what they want, support for their war which they might not get otherwise.

top topics

join