It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Flag Would Jesus Burn?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
As for the question of what flag Jesus would burn..

Truly I say unto thee.. he would be pulling his hair out over these inane arguments. He would then give us a parable, leaving us scratching our heads and baffled.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Double post. Never mind.

[edit on 6/26/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Such Great and Wonderful benefits, Airplanes,
all the Science and Technology.

Yes, it is. Don't forget medicine. The medical advances
that have come from the space program are wonderful!
Boeing (and the rest) have put the space station and the
space shuttles into low gravity and because of this better
meds are grown and perfect crystals are made for lazer
surgery. There are other medical benefits from the space
program out of these companies that are easily googled up ...

Those are the Prime War Profiteeres that get
MOST of the Half a Trillion Dollars Military Budget

So? they are big companies with millions of people employed.
They are the ones able to make the product that is required.
Some of their work gets farmed out to smaller companies ...
I don't see the problem here. Big companies are able to get
big jobs done, thus they get the contracts. Economics.

How Wonderful that these Corporations will get even More
Money and will produce even MORE deadly Aircraft and even more
deadly Smart Bombs and even more Powerful Tanks.

Yep. I think so. Considering that America and our allies have many
enemies who wish us gone. China still has many nukes pointed at
us. The radical muslim population wants ALL infidels dead, that includes
America (which has more muslims than Afganistan - but no one seems
to remember that). Now, don't bother saying that if America spent
all that money on other countries that they'd somehow come to love
us or something. That's poppycock. America gives plenty ... PLENTY
and yet we are still hated. We will always be hated no matter what.
It's easy to hate us and it makes people feel better.

The following companies are the top recipients of
U.S. military dollars.

Again .. so what? Companies make products. They employ people
to do so. Millions of people. All those people pay taxes which go into
those social programs that dems claim to love so much. The companies
get paid for doing a job and doing it well... So what?

9. Paul V. Lombardi, CEO, DynCorp
Campaign Contributions in 2002: $221,350,

Campaign contributions? Wanna' talk about Soros for a while?

Planned parenthood?? The NEA?? (Yikes! talk about a scary bunch!)
There are tooooo many people from all corners of the political spectrum
to start throwing mud about who is donating and who isn't. The dems,
the greens, the right, the left, EVERYONE has people trying to buy
elections. Makes ya' wanna'

I also can't stand the big salaries of those at the top in these companies.
However, as long as the company can afford to pay them, they will make
the salaries. I don't like it. I don't think it's fair that they make 10 million a
year (or what ever) while hourly workers get layed off because of 'lack of
money' .... but that's a company decision. It's economics. If the company
can no longer afford to pay those salaries, they won't.

Bottom line - Big companies employ millions of people making products
necessary for security of our country as well as products that make life
better and that make medical advances. These companies get paid, and
the money then gets paid to the WORKERS. Millions upon millions of
Americans. These Americans then spend that money and keep the economy going. They pay taxes and the cycle starts again. So when
you say that companies get so much money ... the PEOPLE working in
those companies are the ones that are employed and getting paid.
The suppliers to those companies are getting paid. The restaruants
around the companies make money from the workers. The shops
in the area. Housing makes money because the workers buy houses.
EVERYONE benefits from companies getting government contracts.
Even the unemployed and the welfare people benefit ... because all
those people employed pay taxes and those taxes go to social programs.

Economics.

[edit on 6/26/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Truly I say unto thee.. he would be pulling his hair out over these inane arguments. He would then give us a parable, leaving us scratching our heads and baffled.

I think that mister quietwar nailed it with the statement that the topic of this thead is more "What Would Jesus Do?" and not about how he would burn a flag.

A Moral Dilemma.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Speech. That is what is protected. Not the desecration of the national symbol.

What is it that the flag represents? Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? The nation to which so many have run to in the past 200 years, so many have looked to as well?

How myopic and and selfish an idiot has to be to desecrate the flag. These idiots have the gall to mention the Bill of Rights when they desecrate the symbol of the idealistic foundation of the government?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
maybe to them it no longer represents "life liberty and the pursuit of happiness". and as selfish and disqusting an act it may be it deserves to be their right to do so.if it was considered an anti-american symbol to wear a green tie on mondays, would you want to outlaw that.its a ridiculous idea.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Which flag would Jesus burn ????

The one with the face of Pontious Pilate or Judas on it i think

No really, its sad when the politics of a country is reduced to this, the invention and implementation of petty laws in the face of public protest against a war where a corrupt and lying president, his family and his cronies are the only benefactors.

What next, a law saying you cant write telephone numbers on the pyramid on dollar bills because you offend the ILLUMINATI..

Or the banning of wearing in public places t-shirts saying "MY BROTHER WENT TO BAGHDAD AND ALL HE BROUGHT ME WAS THIS LOUSY T-SHIRT"..??

The implementation of laws by a goverment in times of national crisis is never a good thing, especially when they threaten the constituion and the rights of the people that country.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Angry protestors in America started to Burn the American Flag.

[edit on 25/6/05 by Souljah]

Actually Jesus was a man of peace, so he would not need to burn any flag, because all men and women are equal in front of Jesus' eyes.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
"Which flag would Jesus burn?" Not sure what that has to do with the flag burning issue but Jesus would not burn any flag.

As for the buring issue, keep in mind all the huff about the idea that the Koran might have been "abused" by military folks and all the outrage. Why not make it a law not to burn our flag. People around the world get upset over their stuff being touched, why not ours? I actually think it would be nice to see our country respect something that represents it for a change.

Sometimes your "freedom of speech" offends my "freedom of hearing". When does one right invade on another. How did non smokers get more rights than smokers? Its America, you voted the folks in congress in, they make the laws, learn to live with some of them.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Yes, it is. Don't forget medicine. The medical advances
that have come from the space program are wonderful!

You mean modern western medicine based on curative healing, where millions of dollars go straight into the pockets of pharmacies. Medicine based on cutting and drugz and all sorts of radioactive therapies. Oh, and lets not forget that everytime a patient is diagnosed with cancer the GDP goes up. Why then try to permanently remove this problem?

Boeing (and the rest) have put the space station and the
space shuttles into low gravity and because of this better
meds are grown and perfect crystals are made for lazer
surgery.

I bet that I could be having this pleasant conversation on my wikend house on the Moon, if the Money and Research would go into the hands of Space Programs instead of into the hands of Military Sector.

So? they are big companies with millions of people employed.
They are the ones able to make the product that is required.
Some of their work gets farmed out to smaller companies ...
I don't see the problem here. Big companies are able to get
big jobs done, thus they get the contracts. Economics.

Oh yea and dont forget to mention that big companies want to start big wars in order to keep the business blooming. Economis of Military Industry.

Considering that America and our allies have many
enemies who wish us gone. China still has many nukes pointed at
us. The radical muslim population wants ALL infidels dead, that includes
America (which has more muslims than Afganistan - but no one seems
to remember that). Now, don't bother saying that if America spent
all that money on other countries that they'd somehow come to love
us or something. That's poppycock. America gives plenty ... PLENTY
and yet we are still hated. We will always be hated no matter what.
It's easy to hate us and it makes people feel better.

...and USA has nukes pointed at just about EVERYBODY.

Radical Muslim population doesnt want to destroy America - well maybe now they do, when the brillian leader Bush illegaly occupied Iraq and established his Empiralistic pillars right in the Heart of the Middle East.

America has given in the past 50 years PLENTY of HATRED. You want me to list all the Wars and Conflicts ignited by USA?

Again .. so what? Companies make products. They employ people
to do so. Millions of people. All those people pay taxes which go into
those social programs that dems claim to love so much. The companies
get paid for doing a job and doing it well... So what?

You mean "Doing great Job" like Halliburton and his endless frauds and scandals?

Or like DynaCorp that is basicly a mercanery force, that is employed in sex-trafficking and other filth stuff?

So what!

Bottom line - Big companies employ millions of people making products
necessary for security of our country as well as products that make life
better and that make medical advances. These companies get paid, and
the money then gets paid to the WORKERS. Millions upon millions of
Americans. These Americans then spend that money and keep the economy going. They pay taxes and the cycle starts again.

Economics.

Economics of the Military Empire.

Your entire Society is based upon the Economic of the Military Industry Sector.

Without Wars your Economy will Collapse.

You have spent so much OIL in recent 50 years, more then all the other Nations Combined - yet you still yearn for more, and are ready to kill and steal for it.

Economics.

So it makes sense - America needs 3 things in order to Function properly:

- War: so that Military Industry Complex boosts the Economy

- Vital Resources: currrently Oil, so that the Military can operate

- Patriots: that support this Militant Empire 'till their Grave.

Economics.

Amen.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
What is it that the flag represents? Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? The nation to which so many have run to in the past 200 years, so many have looked to as well?

Do you think that even Today this Flag can wave proudly saying, that your goverment is protecting and serving Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

I, frankly, do not Think they are...

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memorialday1999
"Which flag would Jesus burn?" Not sure what that has to do with the flag burning issue but Jesus would not burn any flag.

we have been over this.the title is irrelevant.

Originally posted by Memorialday1999
Sometimes your "freedom of speech" offends my "freedom of hearing".

just because someones freedom of speech offends you doesnt mean they should be silenced.i personally am offended by your comments. but you have as much right to say them as people do to burn flags.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Have you EVER compared how much money Boeing puts into NON-MILITARY projects as compared to military projects? Their military side is small comparatively. But you're right, let's put them out of business because they're war mongering criminals. Let's get rid of anyone that has anything to do with the military, and the millions of jobs that they create, and all the good they've done for the US. Let's get rid of all of our weapons, and anyone that might create weapons and anything that can be used as a weapon, and become total pacifists, because the rest of the world will respect us for that.

And let's get rid of the drug companies, because they're just making profit and not doing any good, so we'll all go back to holistic medicines which may or may not work. And let's stop using oil, which we can do since we won't have any planes or cars left, because all the people that manufacture them will be out of business for being war mongering criminals.

Do you know what the effect of taking one company out of the chain would be? Boeing has 48 or so different companies in three countries making parts for one airplane model. Once they're gone, all those companies will have to cut jobs because they don't have business anymore, then THEIR subcontractors lose jobs......

[edit on 26-6-2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by quietwar
maybe to them it no longer represents "life liberty and the pursuit of happiness". and as selfish and disqusting an act it may be it deserves to be their right to do so.if it was considered an anti-american symbol to wear a green tie on mondays, would you want to outlaw that.its a ridiculous idea.

If it no longer represents that to them, then they are no longer living in the right country.

Green ties are not the symbol of anything, therefore the analogy is flawed

Souljah, there are many things that I just do not know. That is one thing that I do know! What I do know is what the flag is supposed to stand for, and I do know that hopefully, one day, this country can get back on track, right with the constitution. Now, this is going to piss of many of the social liberals if this happens, and it will piss off darned-near every corporation, and our entire government will have a stroke (of course, most in the government will be hanging from trees if we take back the country!), but I like to think that one day, we will, as a people, wake up, rise up and take our countru back from tyranny and arbitrary rule.

Until the constitution and the Bill of Rights are finally removed from any mention in this country, the flag will still represent how this country SHOULD be, not as it has become the last few decades.

Do you think I burned the flag because of Roe-v-Wade? How about Waco? Ruby Ridge, maybe? When Clinton soiled the Oval Office and stained the president's position on numerous occasions, or when he sold nuclear secrets to the Chinese? How about the numerous times I've come close to kicking the TV screen in because of Bush while watching the cable news the past few years? Of course not! None of these idiots are the CONSTITUION, none of them are the BILL OF RIGHTS.

The day you see me burn the flag will be the day you'll know that I have finally given up on my fellow countrymen. As a matter of fact, I won't be stupid and juvenile then, either. You just won't see me in this country anymore. The last thing of me that you'll see is me sadly shaking my head while boarding a plane.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Since the title of this thread is Which Flag Would Jesus Burn? I'm going to skip back to that.

I have a perverse curiosity to see what He would actually say about this.

His fiery gaze would settle deep upon us and He would give us a tongue-lashing over our nation's horrific hypocrisy.

I have a feeling deep in my gut, if He were here to say, the Lord made flesh would be given a one-way ticket to Gitmo.

[edit on 6/27/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
There was a time I'd argue against that, Kid, but this is not the time.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Green ties are not the symbol of anything, therefore the analogy is flawed

i am simply asking for you to think about what if that was the accepted way of expressing yourself. it is not as though it is completely far fetched.

maybe you would prefer it this way, should we make a law against people saying they hate america?

and just to make things clear i do not agree with these acts but people certaintly have a right to them. this is not a question of whether or not it is morally right to have those views or if it is in good taste to be so utterly disrespectful. the question is should we stifle other people's freedom of speech.and the answer to that is no.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   

The day you see me burn the flag will be the day you'll know that I have finally given up on my fellow countrymen. As a matter of fact, I won't be stupid and juvenile then, either. You just won't see me in this country anymore. The last thing of me that you'll see is me sadly shaking my head while boarding a plane.

Ok, lets leave the Flag for a Minute.

Lets assume that the title of this thead is more like "What would Jesus Do?".

So, how do you think he would comment your current goverment?

Would he approve of their Actions?

Or would he "burn the flag" in a metaphore way, meaning that he would not support them nor what they represent at this time - flag including?

Jeses was not loved by the "goverment" in his time, I think we could label him as a Revoultionary. So his words and actions today would be even more unacceptable, dont you think so?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Have you EVER compared how much money Boeing puts into NON-MILITARY
projects as compared to military projects? ... And let's get rid of the drug
companies, because they're just making profit ... Once they're gone, all
those companies will have to cut jobs because they don't have business
anymore, then THEIR subcontractors lose jobs......

Oh Zaphod ... you make sense which of course means that those who
don't want to see it ... won't. I wish I had an applause left for you
for this month.

Companies are in business to make money. That's the reason to start
them. That's the incentive to keep them going. Communism fails because
it doesn't allow for that (and for other reasons). The quest for profit
keeps the economy going. If there was no profit .. no one would bother.
Look at communist Russia and E. Germany.... Yeah, that's a lifestyle
I'd want ... NOT!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

You mean "Doing great Job" like Halliburton and his endless frauds
and scandals? Or like DynaCorp that .... is employed in sex-trafficking
and other filth stuff?

Souljah .. It's the UN that's doing the 'great job' ... with endless
frauds, scandals, sex-trafficking and other filth stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join