It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Links to Vedic Culture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
i found this piece on the internet describing the way almost the whole of the non-africanised world is related to vedic culture. i find this quite fascinating. imagine the whole of the non-africanised world shares common ancestry

www.salagram.net
Vedic influence in Britain
In the book The Aryans by V Gordon Childe relates how after 2000 BC people who had background with Indus Valley Civilization conquered Britain, and that was the phase of rapid development in Britain.

Britain - Name Isle of Angelsey in Britain derives from name of Lord Vishnu as Angulesh, meaning lord of Anguli country.
- British Isles which is finger sized compared to whole of Europe which is sized as palm of hand was designated the name Angulisthan that later came to be pronounced as Anguliand and then England.
- The name Britain also comes from Sanskrit Brihat-sthan meaning great place or great islands.
- Many names of England cities also have Sanskrit affiliations. E.g. London - was a very ancient Vedic capital, its Sanskrit name was Nandanium meaning pleasing habitation, and during Roman times it was misspelled as Londonium and later London. In European language letter "L" is often replaces "N", like name Svetanana (fair faced) is pronounced in Russia as Svetland.
- Sanskrit suffix Puri found in Indian cities as Sudamapuri or Jagannatha Puri is changed to "bury" in England like Shrewsbury, Ainsbury, Waterbury.
- Salisbury's hilly topography is also proof that it is a corrupt from Sanskrit term Shail-eesh-pury, which means hilly area with a (Vedic) Temple.
- Canterbury is also based on Sankarpury meaning a township of Shankar, Shiva. If you pronounce "C" as an "S" and replace "T" with a "K" in the name Canter, which is not uncommon in changes between Sanskrit and English, then it indicate that prior to British Isles turning Christian in the Sixth Century A.D. Canterbury used to be a seat of Vedic spiritual leader, thus the Archbishop of Canterbury today used to be a Vedic Priest and teacher or a Sankaracharya from which comes the name Sankarpury.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

other links from the page tell you of how still the so called pagan rituals of the vedic religion (note i do not say hinduism, cause there is no such thing) have been converted to christian rituals etc etc

the point being tht people have been for a long time now fighting over the superiority of one race over another. this jus goes to show tht there is no superior race. we are all one ppl who over time have taken different courses in socio-cultural development.

however i would also like to hear from people giving more evidence, be it for or against, this theory.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

new topics

join