It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Dies After Hours Of Gaming

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Point I was trying to make was that a stroke can be caused by a haemorrhage too; I'm aware of the similarities (and differences) between a dvt/ischemic stroke and haemorrhagic stroke.

Back to the topic.

This would provide an interesting study group; the incidence of such events in a population known to spend many hours in front of a computer.

I'm going to try and find again an article I read on mdconsult.com relating to this - the case in question actually involved the parents being prosecuted for a neglect-based charge! The charges were eventually dropped (or settled - can't remember), but it does raise perhaps good questions relating to how much responsibility parental units bear in these situations.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
wow

however i dont think gaming had any affect on it really

why you say?

oh because a korean played 86 hours straight without eating or bathroom break before dying

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
As mentioned previously, everyone is different....there are people who've suffered DVT even though they had very few risk factors; likewise there are those who can sit for hours, without moving much, and walk away without any health problems at all - and vice versa.

Your physiology has an effect, as do your genetics and personal habits. There's no one factor that will guarantee a stroke or DVT.

[edit on 25-6-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Even if there are not dead but they end up socaily dead because they spend most of the time on the computer or video games more than a person-to-person interaction.

This my friend could effect in relationship or profesional life of the kid.

Reading is not the best thing but there have to be a balance between playing,educating and socailising you have to make that line for your child.

I notice most western childern do not interact with there families member too much. How come?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm on the computer all weekend and all holidays. (Holidays are 2 weeks here, and happen every 9 or something weeks) and play games for half that time. I feel fine. I know people that hardly sleep at all and are always on the computer, they havn't died. This guy obviously had something else wrong with him.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Bring back corporal punishment!! Damn kids! Just dont buy a video game console for them! and stop their pocket money so they cant save up for one! Damn kids!!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join