It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come on- we're all slaves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I saw a discussion on 'world economic breakdown' and i sighed in angst.

We are born into the capitalist system, we work our whole lives to go to college and learn a trade in order to get a job in order to make money. We're worse than ants, we're slaves in a system that doesnt even have a solid basis- Fractional banking anyone?

So the question is not on whether there will be another global recession but when. One day fiat money will lose value, we cant stop it nor can we tell when it'll be.

As I said, worse than ants.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The correct term is "Fractional Reserve Banking" which can be used to create fiat money.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Youre right, small error on my part.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I thought that fractional reserve banking was when the bank gives you a worthless loan,using what you are buying as collateral,and makes money off of you in the form of interest,and holds all of the interest in everything you buy with the "ghost Money",until it is payed for by you.
.... and then the government holds you and your property as surety for the national debt should the Federal Reserve decide to foreclose on it.

I have been uNBaLaNCeD since I found out the truth,I cannot go back,I wish that I had taken the blue pill,I can never go out to pasture with the rest of the cattle.
But I can still moo.
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Currency is a physical manifestation of the collective energy of our species. Paper, plastic, gold, silver and electrons represent somtheing so powerfull and yet invisible. We see the symboles, and the effect of this power yet it cannot be defined scientificly. That is because it is a abstract concept. The knowledge of symboles and there effect is locked up in ritual occult magic. As in all things we are lead back to the huaman mind. Artifical representations of this energy (leagal tender) are social tools. Having a population spell bound with money makes it easy to cenralize wealth and power. A cultural system that could opperate with out money or credit of any kind would be imposible to inslave economicaly. This would avoid the necessity of Chip implantation at birth. The question remains are we ready? Our chains exist only becuase we create them in our minds.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
I thought that fractional reserve banking was when the bank gives you a worthless loan,using what you are buying as collateral,and makes money off of you in the form of interest,and holds all of the interest in everything you buy with the "ghost Money",until it is payed for by you.
.... and then the government holds you and your property as surety for the national debt should the Federal Reserve decide to foreclose on it.

I have been uNBaLaNCeD since I found out the truth,I cannot go back,I wish that I had taken the blue pill,I can never go out to pasture with the rest of the cattle.
But I can still moo.
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That is much better from you, Unbalanced.

I apologize for my recent criticism of the inappropriateness of your name.

I sometimes fail to understand why foreign debts are forgiven.

BTW, Trader, great topic, what was your undergraduate degree, and has it helped?

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trader
One day fiat money will lose value, we cant stop it nor can we tell when it'll be.

On what do you base this statement?

In my experience, those with angst against the system are simply those individuals who have been unsuccessful within it.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I assure you this system is MUCH better than the previosu one... The one NONE of us is old enough to remember...

Where evry person had to toil to survive. Supplying every facet of life's needs for themselves. Talk about a MAJOR limitation on the potential advancement of mankind!

This system allows those have the mental power to solve/discover things to do just that.

By virtue of currency we can spend our days figuring out the universe around us rather than picking meely bugs off of potatos.

Imagine if Einstein had to plow a field and hunt meat all day. Would he have been able to THINK, just sit and think like he did? I doubt it. I think he would have been so bone tired he would have passed out right after E=...

I have to agree with William on this one, seems most people who holler "slave' simply haven't figured out how to work it out yet...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   
you don't have to be a slave to the banks, there are other ways to get money, but i agree, those who whinge and moan about currency are usually those, who cannot manage their money, remember the wealthy have assets and the poor and middle class only use their wages for liabilities, it makes sense when you study the facts, try reading "rich dad, poor dad" it'll open your eyes about how we think about money.........

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 06:27 AM
link   
lol the stupid part is the slaves all complain about the idiotic system and they won't even walk form it, thats all need be done they can't do much if the economy shuts down, and to Springer, you are nieve to think that the hunt for the dollar is what is moving humanity along, and also, who cares whether humanity moves along or not, life your life you silly people! tis not about stuff and dollars tis about love and happiness, but you already "knew" that because you are "happy" in your slavery

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Money is not the only thing out there one can use to get what is needed to survive,money is just one of many negotiable instruments that we use to get what we want and need,the problem here is that so many people think that it is the only medium of exchange,which is a big plus if you have a lot of the medium in your fictitious account.
The system that came before this one was better,but there are always those who will try to tell you that the present one is awsome,the present system is designed to keep you down,read a legal dictionary,see what some of those words you use everyday mean in a courtroom,scratch your head.
Ahhhhh,so that's how they do it.
Wake up,the system is designed to put the little guy in the line of fire whenever something happens,and when something happens it is usually the people in power who allow it to,for a profit.

new topics

top topics

join