It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Benet Ramsey has been forgotten

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
A thing that has been bothering me for some time is why nothing more on Jon Benet Ramsey. Money DOES buy influence. Either way you want, a bottomless pit of cash, can keep the investigation ongoing, or it can make it go away. If I were that rich, I'd spend it all on answers till I got them. Why has the family just quit?

Anyway, I was doing a search here for some old thread on her, but I found none. I was hoping to get some feedback on her case. I know it's not current, but it always bothered me that she never got justice. I think the family knows more than they told. I feel her death is a conspiracy that money covered. Maybe we could, as a group, revisit the facts and see what we decide.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This was such a sad case. This little girl deserves justice, even if her pathetic parents do not want to see it. I've always felt like the parents were involved. Bet the brother could tell some stories. I could be all wrong, if I am...I sincerly apoligize. I only wish for justice in this case and for this little angel to finally rest in peace knowing that someone out here cared enough to see it through.
God bless everyone that comes forward with any clues to what really happened that Christmas holiday.
Glad to see she has remained in the hearts of others.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
If I remember rightly, there was a show on UK tv about this the other week. They said that the cops had a prime suspect but they couldn't name them as they were tracking them down. Some locals who knew this person said they were a nasty piece of work.
A lot seemed to be made of the conduct of Boulder police, what with the initial assumption that the parents were responsible and then the reluctance to bring in outside agencies. A real shame.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I don't think she's been forgotten, but the police seemed to have a myopic focus on the parents' guilt and when that case fell apart they had nothing left.

I think this case is beyond cold and probably will never be solved.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I'm not so sure. Some murder cases from 30 years ago are being brought back and evidence is somehow presenting itself and i'm in no way saying the correct people are getting sentenced...but they are in some cases.

I know for a fact the Medgar Evers trail here in Jackson, Ms was bs. And with time and all the correct evidence, it may be brought back to trail even though the wrong person was sentenced. The Evers family just pushed hard to convict somebody and they believe they had the correct somebody.
The man they got hated colored people, but he did not kill that man.

So in time maybe the correct evidence with be brought forth and this case will be solved.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
yes it has long bothered me the way this story has dropped away.

one theory i heard a while back that i found interesting.basically the theory was that the brother killed his sister accidently. the parents thought about it and realized that after losing their daughter, they did not want to lose there son too by subjecting him to the press and authorities.they decided the best thing to do was to protect the child they had left and covered the whole thing up.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Here is the thing the parents were innocent, they did not kill their daughter. A special investigator hired by the Boulder Police dept. proved that. The child had DNA under her fingernails and on her underwear and body that did not belong to any of the Ramsey family, also a pubic hair on the blanket that did not belong to anyone there, evidence of a stun gun being used. Here is a website where the Ramseys were cleared in a court of law plus it lists lots of evidence found that proves the Ramsey did not do it.
What happened is a tragedy and this family has suffered a lot due to the bias against them due to their being wealthy. They had friends and family that tried to protect them. Everyones friends and family should try and protect them. People said they were guilty based on the fact they asked for a lawyer, let me give you all a piece of advice from a cop I saw being interviewed about this, he said if a member of his family was ever interrogated he would make sure they had a lawyer whether he thought they were guilty or not. Read the facts about this case and stop believing the unproven stories about this case. Here is a link
www.truthinjustice.org...

Also go here for more links with an interview with that special investigator and photgraphs of the crime scene, www.acandyrose.com...

[edit on 25-6-2005 by goose]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Thanks Goose.

Seemed like an interesting read but felt out of the club.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It's a sad situation all the way around for this little girl. I may be wrong,but I feel that the mother and father are protecting someone and I think it may be the brother. I just think the whol thing stinks to hhigh heaven. You would think with all their money they could hire out a couple of decent P.I.'s and get the info. needed to bring closure to this.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
They all become forgotten after a period of time. Old news is no news. Problem is that we live in a society where something just as bad or worse happens and the old news is forgotten and that happens over and over. One thing we can be sure about is that Jon Benet will never be forgotten by the ones that loved her.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This was a tragic case. There are many such.

I share the feeling of many posters that this has gone a long time without discussion. Perhaps we've grown tired of it as 'old news', which of course it is. There have been subsequent killings of greater impact.

I can clearly recall conversations with co-workers about this case, wherein we've commented "Just when you think you've heard about the worst.... you open up the newspapers....."
We live in a world where there is much evil and much is targetted at children.

As to the guilt of the Ramsey's.... unfortunately my best response is "I just don't know". I would like to know. I'd like not to rely on speculation, or comments in ATS that claim to 'prove' guilt or innocence. It frankly has simply not been proven either way. Authoritative sources have voiced both opinions.

Our interest in this case is valid though, and I do wish to be further informed. A 'killer' is out there, and no doubt undiscovered evidence/clues and as long as that is the case, there is a possiblity of the truth surfacing.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
O.J. is out looking for 'the real killer' of Nicolle on the golf course.
Wonder if Jon Bennet's mother is looking for 'the real killer' in the
grocery market?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
People said they were guilty based on the fact they asked for a lawyer

goose, maybe that is enough to make some people suspicous, but personally i am suspicous of them based on other things.there is nothing illegal about having a lawyer.

again, i am not saying they did it because honestly i am not sure. i wish we did know for sure.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Thanks Goose for the links. Im going to read them now.
I am happy to see there is still some interest out there.
I will hunt down some other links today to add to the thread.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Please tell me how Patsy Ramsey managed to get foreign DNA under Jon Benet's fingernails. JonBenet managed to scratch her attacker and the DNA was tested it was NOT any member of the Ramsey family and that includes the little boy of the family. The child was sexually assaulted and DNA was found on the underwear and body of JonBenet and again it was not any member of the families DNA. A pubic hair found on the blanket was not any members of the family.
As to the handwriting experts rating Patsy's handwriting against that of the killer and putting a 5 as being that of the killer she rated a .5 meaning that there was 4.5 chance it was not her handwriting. We all have similar techniques in our handwriting some of us here could rate a .5 or more and still not be the killer. The media never told you that did they? They showed the yard covered in snow but they did not show that the sidewalks and many places in the yard the snow was melted, anyone could have walked in that house without leaving footprints in the snow. A footprint was found inside the house in the basement that did not belong to anyone known. A window was open and debris was freshly disturbed around it, but the media never told you that either. Read Lou Smits report and interview, remember this is a special investigaor hired by the Boulder Colorado Police dept., they hired him because of his expertise, he is not some armchair detective and he gives evidence here proving they are innocent. Most of the ones who have an opinion of guilt toward the Ramseys have developed that opinion on the media talk, look at what an expert says. also as to Patsy Ramsey being an abusive mother please note the pediatrician saw the child often he said there were never any signs of abuse and that the reason she saw the dr. too often was Patsy took her to the dr. for every little sniffle. That is not an abusive mother, that an overprotective mother.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Goose, I saw an episode on CourtTV where the PI took the cameras on tour and explained how it was an intruder. I have to say that he made a convincing case. It looks like the police blew it.

I guess I watch too much CSI, but I think they should let the evidence speak before they go off on their "gut feelings."

top topics

join