It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camera, MP3 player ... wallet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Now all of your spending and social habits can be tracked in one place.

The Associated Press
Updated: 9:20 p.m. ET June 20, 2005NEW YORK - Already a device of multiple disguises, from camera to music player and mini-TV, the cell phone's next trick may be the disappearing wallet.

After all, since more than a quarter of the people on the planet already carry around cell phones, and hundreds of millions are joining them every year, why should they bring along credit and debit cards when a mobile device can make payments just as well?

link

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I don't think that a mobile device will replace conventional credit cards and such anytime soon, to be honest. The mobile device will have to be powered, and how many people will be able to use them?

WHile it may not replace them, it is possible to start using them I believe.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Geez, and I got upset when I fell in the pool wearing simply my mp3 player alone, giving me one of those things would be dangerous in so many ways. Jburns is probably right, imagine how miffed the restaurant would be if I ran out the battery on my device during a conversation over dinner (not that I'd talk in a restaurant, heh, but we all know "that guy.") and couldn't pay
Maybe they'd have on hand the 300 different types of chargers, one of which perhaps my device could use, I guess?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
ive heard of a camera phone with a Mp3 player and a wallet coming out... dont know when though and i wont get cuz... thats just wrong... kinda cool but still... wrong
imagine urself 20 yeArs from now... u live in a tiny tiny house with 1 thing.... and 2 rooms... a bathroom a bedroom and a tiny thing as big as a cellphone... and that cellphone will replace everything...

... yea i dont think that making a wallet out of a cellphone is cool...
cuz if some1 steals ur cell they steal ur id and ur visa and everything

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
yea i see you alls point. It would not replace them but as technology get better they might have solor powered cell phones. lol

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I hope that does not end up happening anytime soon, I lose enough wallets and keys as it is. But with how technology seems to be moving, I can see this being a real posibility. Putting credit card information into a small device would not be too difficult to do. Then identity theft can really become a mainstream problem for anyone.

new topics

top topics

join