It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
While society's conception of god remains unchanged, the idea on an individual basis is mutating to a point beyond description. How many can say they feel the godliness in themselves, and see it in others, yet can't make out even the vaugest of description to someone else?

What's your flavor of god? Omnipotent being hovering in hyperspace? Total lack thereof? Comets?

Ill start off simply by saying that a guy named saleem once said something along the lines of god has to exist simply because the idea of god is the most powerful thing we can comprehend. I do believe he was christian, but I took this in a subjective way. This "power" (whatever you want to call it) doesn't have to be wrapped up in a single robe. Probably cant even touch it, could be an action, could be something in communication. Have what you will with this but make your posts consise and to the point, this will, more than likely, get extremely wordy. Lets try to avoid that to begin with, without sarcrificing what need be said. I dont care how god cured your aunt's bum hip. I don't care about what you disagree with. I care about what godliness is to you and how you may or may not honor that conception.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I hate to say it, but I fail to see any mention of a conspiracy in here. Am I missing anything?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The most powerful thing I can comprehend is the size of the universe. Everything takes place inside the universe - from thoughts to nuclear fission to gravity to television programs. It's the most advanced damn thing man can conceive - in my opinion, much more advanced than the low-level God of the Bible, who allegedly concerns himself with humans and Earth and nothing but.

Zip

new topics

join