It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions at St. Louis Gas Plant (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Explosions today rocked southern St. Louis at Praxair Distribuition, a gas processing plant. Homes and businesses have been evacuated within the the local area of this incident. As smoke billows, it's still unknown what has caused this. Fires are still burning around and in the plant.

news.yahoo.com
Company spokeswoman Susan Szita Gore said she wasn't certain how many of the plant's 70 employees were there at the time of the explosions, but all employees were evacuated safely.

The explosions appeared to come from tanks outside the plant, and from the plant itself. Cars and trucks parked nearby caught fire.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I live a short time from downtown St. Louis, and the concern right now is just to keep people as far away as possible. There is no wind and the chemicals are dangerous to inhale. There are no injuries or fatalities reported. There have been reports of scraps blasting out 3/4 of a mile.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Horrible, at least it appears that no human life was lost. Everything else can be remade, rebuilt.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Accident? Terrorist? Any word on the cause?

-wD

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Here's some video I captured from the news in case some of you guys out of country want to see it.

MSNBC

x302.putfile.com...

x302.putfile.com...

Here's FOX using the terrorist spin like they do when all stories break.

x302.putfile.com...

And here's CNN

x302.putfile.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
From BTS.

It seems a gasplant blew up. That would explain the large amount of flames, smoke, and quick evacuation. Thankfully nobody hurt, but I wouldn't expect foul play here - there's nothing lost except a relatively small amount of property.

top topics

join