It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government can now seize your land for corporations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

With the new ruling if a business comes in and happens to want your land there isn't a damn thing you can do. Where has our rights gone?

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
May want to check your link, and have it go right to the story...

Just getting a page of lots of stories....

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
or use this one...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Try this - www.mortgagenewsdaily.com...

Yes, a further example of our rights slowly eroding. And maybe not so slowly. Think about this: do you really own your property anyway? Try not paying your property taxes and see how long you continue to "own" it. You pay in perpetuity. You're allowed to use it as long as you continue to pay (sound like ownership?) unless or until the government decides someone else has a better use for it. At this point, you have what the government allows you to keep, whether it be real estate or income.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It appears that our rights are going out with the White House trash. This basically means that the poor man has not a chance in the world to defend his right to his own property. The ones with the money are going to be pushing those who do not have it around or just let the poor man simply exaust his or her resources. We as Americans should call for and take this issue at the ballot box. The status quo in D.C. will have a change of heart if they know that there jobs will come down to this issue. I love my country but if they want to take my property for the cause so some county wants more tax revenues, they will have to literally pry my toys from my cold dead hands. We need to take a united stand on this because if we don't we are in fact telling them that it is o.k.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I wish I had a couple of Billion dollars.

I'd find out where all of the Supreme Court Justices live and approach the city leaders with a proposal to build a large mall where each of their homes are located. A dose of their own medicine.

Probably the second worse judgement handed down by the ones in the robes.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
We will take this country (USA) back when enough people wake up and care. "Do what you've always done, get what you've always gotten". I get into some pretty heated debates with my "conservative" friends at every election time. They view a vote for a Libertarian as a wasted vote because Libertarians have no chance of winning. I couldn't disagree more. Libertarians don't have to win. To effect some meaningful change, they just need to garner enough of the total to show up on the radar screen. Don't vote = don't care. Vote for incumbent [or major party opponent] = I agree. This assumes, as I do, that there's not a dime's worth of difference between the Dems & Republicans.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
gee, who exactly predicted a civil war in 2005?
You come to my neck of the woods thinking you can take our land?
I GUARANTEE a civil war will ensue. I think it would be a poor choice to try and enforce this. Cold dead hands indeed.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
duplicate,
plese post your thoughts here:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

closed

top topics

join