It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad Cow just confirmed on CNN ...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady of the Lake

Cows were not meant to eat animal by-products and be pumped full of chemicals. If you MUST consume animals then they have a right to be treated humanely and that means eating grass, grazing in fields and living a stress free life – what little they have. It doesn’t mean eating other animals and being turned into walking chemical factories.

I agree with this. And so does the Canadian government. For many years, it has been illegal to feed animals animal by-products. Especially cows. It was done shortly after the stuff hit the fan in the UK. As for drugs in the cattle? Not legal either. Not here anyways, not in anything going into the food chain. I think that the bulls are probably on hormones, that could do something to the calves born from them, but I'm no geneticist. And besides, you don't eat bulls, and you shouldn't try to milk them either

But, yes, cows are still going mad, and people must be doing something they aren't supposed to be. But the laws are in place, and unfrtunately, some poeple break laws sometimes. So maybe, enforcement is the problem here. Farmers basically have free reign over all decisions in their organizations. Maybe there needs to be more inspectors actually out in the field, on the farms, doing audits, and not just in the slaughter house taking every 1400th brain for testing. I dunno.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TorusAnd as for you people that won't eat beef anymore, I think its been proven that you really can't get the human form of BSE (mad cow disease) without eating the brain or spinal tissues of the animal.

You have NO idea what they put in products such as burger meat and sausages. If my memory serves me correctly humans have contacted BSE from eating burger meat.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
``

from my 1st hand experience, lived on dairy farm from 6th -11th grades,

i helped our conscientious, Penna Dutch farmer, Mr Elmer Gibe,
to milk and attend our 60 head dairy in Hershey Pa.

One time, i had to hurredly report to Mr Gibe that we had a cow in distress
in the barnyard, she was slipping & falling & all glassy-eyed,
Mr Gibe, looked, then immediately called the vet...both he & i let the rest of the herd into the barn and the cows settled into their own stalls, per usual.

I can only surmise, years later, that old #74 (her identity & stall #) had suffered what aged and old humans get all too often....senility, dementia,the shakes and even dropsy...
see this event happened way before Parkinsons or Alzheimers (in humans) became popculture topics...
and way before the BSE and prions and 'downer' cattle became hot topics in society..
and way before 'processed' animal byproducts became part of the bovine food cycle.

I think that this 'Mad Cow Disease' was with us a whole lot longer than
we think, i agree that there are now more stressful causes, such as the unnatural food chain forced upon these docile herds, which might make 'MadCow' to occur more often.....But
it also might be that we are trying to ->cram

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Like the "title" say. Indonesia have banned beef imports from the US.

Channelnewsasia: Indonesia bans US beef imports after new mad cow case

30 June 2005

Indonesia has re-imposed a ban on beef imports from the United States after a second case of mad cow was confirmed in the US, an agriculture ministry official said.

Indonesia imposed a ban on beef imports from the United States in December 2003 after that country reported its first case of mad cow disease.

The ban was lifted in June last year and 4,000 tonnes of beef from the United States had entered Indonesia since then

Click the link to read the full article...

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TorusAnd as for you people that won't eat beef anymore, I think its been proven that you really can't get the human form of BSE (mad cow disease) without eating the brain or spinal tissues of the animal.

You have NO idea what they put in products such as burger meat and sausages. If my memory serves me correctly humans have contacted BSE from eating burger meat.

The burger meat was found to have been contaminated by the brain/spinal tissue; alas, it was the common butchering practices that enabled the contamination to occur with such relative frequency.

At least it was, until this and the likes of "Fast Food Nation" (Eric Schlosser) came to be known.

Simple: Don't feed animal parts to herbivores.

(it's alarming that this wasn't screamingly obvious to some people in charge of this whole debacle...)

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   

You're absolutely right. However much the manufacturers and processors might want you to believe otherwise, burgers and sausages etc. do not contain 100% prime beef. They were invented for the specific reason of enabling the use of meat by-products which would not sell by normal means, the same goes for ground/minced beef, it's nothing but rubbish in disguise.

Here in the UK, most of the victims of vCJD were young people who consumed large quantities of burgers etc. before the current safeguards were put in place.

Don't make the mistake of being complacent about BSE by assuming that the Government will protect you. I mean, when did the Government and Industry ever put the good of the people above profit?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady of the Lake

I do eat beef and under Obama I can barely afford to anymore. I wonder if some animal loving liberal intentionally infected that poor cow in order to get beef prices down in time for the election?

<< 1   >>

join