It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote Viewing : A test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
There was another thread in the UFO section where remote viewing was mentioned as a way to gain access to Area 51. I propose here that we set up a test to determine if RVing is actually possible.

Now I realise there are a fair amount of people out there who claim to be able to RV, and to a lot of you there is no need to prove that it works. However, take into account that there are others here (like myself) who are very interested in the subject, but would like some sort of proof, as far as you can get, that it actually exists.

I have a few ideas about how we could test this, but would be grateful for the help of anyone else who is interested in this. Post any suggestions you have for a test here and we can try to set something up.

Incidentaly, in the thread on the UFO it may seem as though I wasn't open to the concept of remote viewing but that's not the case. I am open to the idea that it could work, I just don't hold much weight with people who post claims without the ability to back them up.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
ok, can anyone tell me which finger I am holding up ?

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Your middle one, but I hope it's not directed at me.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Oh your going to get !@#$ if you pop jokes of that nature, trust me.. I've done it...

Anyways, you'd have to do this in person or over a webcam or something. I would think simply being able to see outside the view angle of a webcam would be fair enough proof.

However, if you want real proof, you need to do it in a controlled area and list and control the variables, then do it.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
There have been many many threads like this before. The "prove it to me" threads. Most of them were done in a "tell me what my room/house/surroundings are like" fashion.

I wouldnt suggest something as concrete as "what number is this" because I havent met anyone who even CLAIMS to be able to "see" the place that well. But I guess if others claim that, then might as well try, eh?

Here are some links to some older versions of this thread, Im sure there are many more, but I just remembered the ones I saw (I realize I am in most of them, but I went through my old posts to find these examples):
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
ok, can anyone tell me which finger I am holding up ?

This one?
www.mywwwimages.com...

edited to remove img BB code

[edit on 26-6-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I think the author here is looking for serious answers to his initial post.

I also think it would be nice to answer the topic as if you were actually interested in the subject.

[edit on 26-6-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Sorry about the not searching for previous posts etc, but I felt like I had to get answers for myself. I was thinking of writing a short number on an object near my home (happens to be a goal post) then either videoing or taking pictures of the surrounding area - whatever was requested. Obviously any pictures wouldn't be at a close enough range to see the number...

Anyway seems like there's no takers.... u2u me if you'd rather not do it in a public fashion and you can stay annonymous.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Ok well I had a reply and have been trying something out with shidge via u2u.

The basic test was that I would stand in a position and take photographs looking forward, left and right. Shidge would then try to RV and tell me what was behind me.

This is what was behind me:

And this is what Shidge said:

There is a wall or some sort of barrier (light colored) and then behind it there are many little things that rise up out of the ground (man made things). Something like a cemetary (as was my first guess) or... a garden with sculptures/vases/etc. AS for what the "barrier" is, I thought it was a wall or a billboard, but who knows.

The actual area was a church. From where I stood there was a small wall with a few graves directly behind then the church itself a bit further away.

Looking back I wish I'd used something more 'unguessable' however I think that based on the photographs I showed him there was no hint of what would be behind me.

The full picture of what was behind me can be seen here:

img73.imageshack.us...

Shidge I'd love to hear in a bit more detail how you got to your conclusions. You mentioned that you couldn't pick out details such as numbers on a piece of paper. Is there anyone here than can RV in more detail?

Do people think this was easy to guess?

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yeah, this topic is kinda old... YEARS OLD.. I remember the exact same thing back in the day..

As for the possibility of it being done, many say that there are agents who guard the Astral Plane but I think that sounds kinda.. hard to swallow.. From a former teacher of mine who was an expert at remote viewing and astral projection, she said it was entirily possible..

So.. once I get the skill up.. I will definately try it.. As for you, the same thing goes.. Once you are able to do it within your own neighborhood or ROOM, then you can try to work your way up.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Shidge I'd love to hear in a bit more detail how you got to your conclusions. You mentioned that you couldn't pick out details such as numbers on a piece of paper.

Well, the "view" itself is kind of hard to explain...
I used the "gunsight with petroleum jelly on the end" metaphor, but its not really that constant/clear. I more or less see flashes of things, and not always "SEE" but kind of like in dreams where you see writing and know what it means, but if you actually think about how it looks, its all gibberish and etc. But you know what its supposed to mean/say. I can, however, kind of aim and look around different places, but often times one impression will overshadow all the others. Kinda like how the cemetary was the majority of what I saw, with a few flashes of other things here and there.

There is a process for logically/consciously connecting the flashes to make a kindof navigable layout of the area.

I dont really use any technique or any sort of methodical process.

Lemme know if you have any other questions.

BTW, im glad I did well with it, because normally I dont get photos and I was worried that having them might give me pre-determined ideas.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
People have been arrested for using the internet to view Area51. I wouldnt try any of the satellite services

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Did I miss something? *looks around in confusion*

But anyway.. Yeah, people often think of the view as it being through your physical eyes and want to open them... The remote view is through the minds eye and it is not a crystal clear image like your looking through a window.. But then again, the image does get clearer as you become more skilled..

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
As far as I know, Remote Viewing has been proven on a number of occasions. In fact, it is one of the few paranormal/psychic phenomenon that actually has been. I have seen it proven on a number of "Fact or Fiction" type television programs, scientific studies, had it personally demonstrated to me, and even had a few successful RV's myself. I wouldn't consider myself an expert and jump up to either prove or disprove the validity of remote viewing though. I am sure there are very accurate remote viewers who are willing to do that. I would do it in private, but I don't want to do it wrong in a public forum and discredit the more advanced remote viewers who are actually good. I have taken the Remote Viewing tests on www.gotpsi.org and gotten 100/100 a few times, and I was even in a ESP test sort-of-thing done by Ph.D Dean Radin who runs the site. I still do not consider myself an expert on the topic in any way though.

You may want to use a "target number". Most Remote Viewers who use what is called "Scientific Remote Viewing" (Some may regard that as an oxymoron
) attach a random number to the picture or object that they want remote viewed, etc. So if you assign the object/picture you want viewed "6653" and then give that number to a remote viewer, they should be able to locate it. I am sure there are already posts around explaining this, and how/why Remote Viewing works, etc.

I don't think major governments of the world would put money into the topic of Remote Viewing for such a long time if they did not find it possible/viable/accurate. That's just me though.

Jago, your description is a lot similar to what I do and see. I can even RV with my eyes open when I am fooling around and not fully concentrated though. I see it in my "minds eye" even when my physical eyes are opened.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   

All of the evolved, enabling remote viewing expertise and knowledge now resides in the civilian sector, where the resultant company, PSI TECH, continues to teach the techniques and employ this powerful tool in commercial operations.

Found at this article. It's an apparent brief history on the governments research into removte viewing.

Thus, we conclude that continued use of remote viewing in intelligence gathering operations is not warranted.

From this, suggesting that they are no longer interested in it. There is also a timeline of remote viewing history here.

So since that cancellation of the Star Gate program, the military / government has stopped their interest in this?

With all their going on about national security risks I would have thought they'd carry on with their research, at least to stop RVers from the general public finding out all their dirty little secrets?!

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Although interesting, I thnk you are reading a lil' too much into the subject.. There are branches in the CIA that still deal with remote viewing.. The problem with a concept like this, especially when you get your information from less then credible sources is it seems more like a scene out of a movie, then real life..

Unless you get some hard documentation from a credible source, then that information loses alot of credibility.. If you want to get into the topic in depth.. We can definately start doing some hardcore research, but I will tell you now that remoteviewing.com won't be in the Work Citied LOL

-Jago

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Yeah I didn't look too hard just googled and picked the best of the top 20 or so - after what I've seen from shidge in this thread I'm going to look more closely into it from a personal view, i.e. give it a go. The government thing is just curiousity really, not enough to warrant any serious research at this point!

[edit on 22-7-2005 by Nova]

top topics

join