It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain Hacking is closer to Probability than Possibility!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
For those none believer in Telepathy, you may soon or later change your mind after you read this...

...A new device, meant to convert brain waves into data and transmit the data via wireless technology into the minds of other wearers of the device, is being criticized as the next major target of hackers...The device, reportedly codenamed "Mind Reader", is now in development at Sony Broadcast & Professional Research Labs, sources say. Located in Hampshire, UK and with 80% of its funding reportedly coming from Japan, the research organization specializes in the development of "core technologies and components to enhance future B&P products worldwide".

www.savethehumans.com...

I think anything that can transmit within 0.3hz to 30hz (human brain wave frequency range) should be able to pick up whatever is being process in the person's mind...cool...yet scary!

[edit on 24-6-2005 by mwen]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is very interesting,I would really like to get my hands on one of those devices, good read

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
As a rule of thumb, when such technology is made public, it has already been around years before...

The question i have is how far advance the Powers-to-be's version of this Mind Reader device is?

[edit on 24-6-2005 by mwen]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hopefully I can get one of these and finally figure women out!

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I was wondering when this technology would show itself in the market, I have been researching wireless neural wave communication.

You know the world of "Ghost In The Shell" is starting to look more and more like it is going to happen, especially since a good chunk of the funding coming from Japan.

All we need now is talking blue robo-tanks, and we'll be set.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Does this mean we can understand what animals are thinking and what babys are saying?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Does this mean we can understand what animals are thinking and what babys are saying?

I am not sure how it works...but think about this...

A japanese person think and speak japanese...would a english person be able to understand what a japanese person thinks?

...Than again I might be wrong...It's possible they would be able to understand each other without any constraint...

Now trying to understand a non-human species or a Baby could be a challenge...

[edit on 25-6-2005 by mwen]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Kind of reminds of Ghost in the Shell where everyone seems to be connected through a type of "Brain network" or "Soul network."
The Soul is referred to a Ghost, and robots can walk amongst the humans.. except that they have no ghost.
In order for the robot to obtain a ghost, the robot must steal the ghost from a human.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwen

Originally posted by Nventual

I am not sure how it works...but think about this...

A japanese person think and speak japanese...would a english person be able to understand what a japanese person thinks?

...Than again I might be wrong...It's possible they would be able to understand each other without any constraint...

Now trying to understand a non-human species or a Baby could be a challenge...

[edit on 25-6-2005 by mwen]

I'm going to doubt it, I remember hearing something years ago that could be related here easily. When an average person thinks, (those with non photographic minds) they think in pictures. If its a word, they think of the letters as pictures. Every picture relates to another word, I don't know how you would communicate if 2 people had different pictures for relation of 1 word.

I'm thinking this system just anaylzes emotion, reads it, then sends another signal back.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It looks like at the very least, that the other person would have to be wearing the device in order to be interacted with at all. That you couldn't just put the device on and hack whoever you want, assuming that's even a possibility. But if it works, you would atleast be able to send various offensive or traumatising images, just in the same fashion as spam or yelling at someone. I still believe that a person would only be as vulnerable as they are to basic hypnotism. I don't think it would be as simple as hacking a computer drive. We still don't fully comprehend the human brain or how it turns thoughts into emotions, or what a feeling is, and if our true selves are composed of nothing more than feelings, and not thoughts, then you wouldn't be able to hack that at all, or even view it, unless that person is sending out that particular emotion. Kindof like cross-examination, you could only attack what has been presented to you. Does that make any sense. ??

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
What's scary is this can bring the stuff from the book "1984" to life. Just imagine having 'thought police' to answer to for thinking the wrong way.

scary stuff.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
No, there would be mass anarchy and a new era would ensue, the present civilization would be brought back to rubble if things got that wacked out. You can always count on people to keep eachother from getting too crazy.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Logical_Psycho:
Ghost in the Shell, I love that show!

here is another twist. one can see the word host:
Ghost in the Shell...

Incognita:
I think that there some group of people who do know more about the human brain or mind, then we have been led to believe...

While only computer hackers have more advance knowledge in computers then an average computer users like me...Mind hackers should also have some advance knowledge about the human mind...(mind controling people such as dr. mengele aka dr. green, who is dead)

Cito:
I would lean more toward 'thought monitor' to gather enough evidence to either charge or arrest somebody...

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
the technology sony is 'developing' uses ultrasound which is 30 year old technology.. its only 'new' in the public commercial market.. Gotta love government black op research programs and cochlear Implant 1970's tech to finally reach the public domain.. gee i wonder when the cultists and maniacs of society get a hold of this.. bet cnn's ratings will go up..

regards,

The fanatical

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Before posting a news item, please investigate the WHOLE site...

Lemme point you to this quote on their site:
www.savethehumans.com...
The News-- Just like the real news, only we admit it's B.S.

In other words, you just fell for their pile of admitted BS....

]

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I kind thought there was something fishy about it, since I was actually looking for this "Mind Reader" thing...unsuccessful though....but I did not question that article due these findings...

www.engadget.com...
www.mindpowernews.com...
www.mindpowernews.com...
www.newstarget.com...

so, I dont what to believe now...

Byrd thanks for point that out...

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
looks like ghost in shell

top topics

join