It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate Tournament Commentary

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The tournament so far. This also indicates who is debating who from here on.

external image

Full sized image

(Note: Debate Forum moderators cannot be held responsible for changed avatars)

[edit on 7/11/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Congrats to all those who are moving on to the next round!
And well done to all who have been participating!

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
You mean cowering in the corner with a can of Raid, fighting desperately to fend off the mosquitos?

Mosquitos? We've got every single natural disaster that a land can get, except volcanos. We've got 3 of the 4 indigenous species of deadly snakes for North America, all of the species of deadly spiders, some of the most evil hardened criminals in the world, and drunken rednecks who alternate between looking for holes, and creating holes...

...and You're afraid of some mosquitos?

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Certainly not bad enough to justify moving to Texas- at least not for me. No offense.

I can only assume that photo of the Marine is you. I'd think you'd be right at home in Texas. Marines are about the only out-of-staters that we respect, cause they're the only ones that come close enough to being as tough as a native Texan.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
theLibra, those mosquitos are pretty darn bad! And don't get me started on the black flies! AIEE!

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
theLibra, those mosquitos are pretty darn bad! And don't get me started on the black flies! AIEE!

The worst mosquitos in the world are in Canada...

I lost a good buddy to them once. They didn't even bother sucking his blood, they just carried him off. It was very sad.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
What's really sad is that most people think that Far Side with the giant mosquito flying away from a deflated body lying on the beach is a joke. Larson was there, man, he's seen things!

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
A bit of light hearted commentary before the next round?

Mosquitos in Wisconsin were pretty bad.....but I believe my Vodka concentrated blood supply took care of their interest.....

Btw, congrats to the Round 2 participants.

OTS is going to be a great opponent....

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
lol Let's just hope the debate topic one of us will be discussing isn't

"The mosquitos in Canada are worse than the mosquitos in Wisconsin"

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Looks I won the first round. Good job raideur.

I'll sharpen my knives in anticiption of kenshiro2012! I have a very bad feeling I'll be up against theLibra in the future, so I better get my greens to boost my brainpower! Ill post my debate predictions when i get off of work...

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
why aren't the scores shown of the outcome of the debates???

is my debate the only one in which scores were shown???

no one else deserves to be embarrassed except me

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
TSA
Standard operating procedure.

No, I'm just kidding, I don't know why the other scores weren't made available.

I'm looking forward to the second round, wonder what the topic could be...

I'm a little disappointed that I won..I was arguing in defense of Putin's power grab, which makes me doubly the devil's advocate.

Maybe I'll actually get to argue a position I believe in this time around.

Cheers to the organizers, and good luck to my fellow competitors!

Release the lions!

Oh..sorry JJ...

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
TSA, I got a U2U that the scores wouldn't be released, so that's a bit odd.

WyrdeOne: I, too, hope you get something you actually believe in, because I'll probably believe in my side, then, too

Release the Christians!

(had sheep before, but figured that might be misinterpreted as something other than the anthisis of "release the lions". I suspect folks will get this reference, though
)

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
TSA, I got a U2U that the scores wouldn't be released, so that's a bit odd.

I too, find that odd........also, I believe in the past that scores were only reported up to the majority, i.e. once seven affirmitives out of thirteen decisions came back it was posted.........there you have the best of both worlds........a score and omission of what would consitute a potential embarrassment......

....also, a I really enjoyed the judges statements at the end of the past debates.......a variety of comments not only give all involved some relevant feedback, but we can participate in the behind the scenes aspect by association.......kind of cool.....

At any rate, I am very anxious to recieve the next topic as I have plenty of work to do............Gotta Love It

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I thought the scores weren't revealed cause the winner won by a total landslide, so its to prevent embarassment?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Personally, I thought my debate was alot closer than the post by Nygdan made me believe.

Oh, the humanity.

[edit on 7-6-2005 by Loki]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
I have a very bad feeling I'll be up against theLibra in the future

Sheesh, thanks for the vote of confidence!!!! Don't go writing me off this early in the game!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisdoggy
So a barely tested newbie goes through to the 2nd round to get eaten alive!!!

So then you weren't serious when you posted this, I take it...........

Bah....I'm just kidding......from what I have read from you, the debate shall be a good one.......

[edit on 6-7-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy

Sheesh, thanks for the vote of confidence!!!! Don't go writing me off this early in the game!!!

lol, I was going to make some comment about hopefully going up against kptr in the future, and realized it would be slamming everyone else k'd be up against.
I don't think it was an intentional snub

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I dunno 'bout that Jake. I might just have to kick your hairy ass back to the jungle where it belongs ...

Here are my debate predictions:

ROUND 2:

JungleJake vs. WyrdOne: WyrdOne by a slim margin

OfftheSTreet vs. MemoryShock: Even toss up; their super-powers seem even

theLibra vs. Howmuchisthedoggy: theLibra, clear and fair

ktprktpr vs. kenshiro2012: ktprktpr; but i've been wrong before and mean no offense to kenshiro.

Round 3:

WyrdOne vs [OfftheStreet/MemoryShock]: My instinct tells me its [OfftheStreet/MemoryShock]

ktprktpr vs. theLibra: The topic will be decisive. I know my math but I don't neccessarially have the time or maturity to make my side look like a page from Scientific America. I'm going to assume a little luck with the topic and root for myself here: ktprktpr

And... Round 4:

ktprktpr vs. [OfftheStreet/MemoryShock]: ktprktpr by the slimmest of margins (A ktprktpr vs. OIMD repeat!?)

thus concludes my predictions.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy

hehe, im just trash takling, like I always like to do. I'm sure it'll be a vicious bloody strained battle between the two of us andm, regardless of the winner, both us will benefit. Of course, I intend to do the winning

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join