It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate Tournament Commentary

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well, there's a 50/50 chance that I'm going to take a little trip this weekend.
There is a 50/50 chance that I will be gone for part of this weekend, rather or not we get any final word on the 4th of july cease fire. I sure wish Amorymeltzer could give us a ruling on that.
Hopefully we who aren't here then will be given a break.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'll be off the radar until the 5th, starting in about 6 minutes (may touch ATS while I'm packing at home). Worst Case Scenario, I get back in time to present one rebuttal and a closing statement.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I thought the debate organizer said that they'll be no debates over the weekend (including monday)?

I for one will be out of action Saturday through Monday.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
BAH!

I u2u'd you back about this vaga!

Anyway, I'll be going away for a week or so, so Nygdan will be running what little there is to do. Odds are, just because of some of the judges taking their sweet time with judging the first round will take a while to finish up. Then a customary break, so the second round will most likely not start until mid-to-late next week.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7/2/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Sorry Amory, I must have missed your U2U somehow. I've done a considerable amount of drinking already this weekend. (and God is my head splitting now). That may explain a thing or two.
I'll see if I can get some pictures of the Otra girls to make it up to you. (I befriended a couple guys who are promoting their own beer last night- the first Mexican style beer brewed domestically they claim. Obviously you can't promote beer without bringing scantily clad women into the mix at some point.)

Between this and the little whiskey derailment I better clean up my act before it reflects in the scoring of my debate

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
wow...

i lost

GREAT job Off_The_Street

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well, tsA, at least you went out with style.

I'm so taking you up on that offer, The Vagabond.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Well, tsA, at least you went out with style.

true

it was fun too...

i am happy even though i lost...

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The suspense is killin' me y'all.

One set of results in..5(?right?) to go...

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Right there with ya', WyrdeOne..........I'm dyin' I tells' ya!!!!!

edit......
we're waiting on 4 results......howmuchisdoggy, kenshiro, junglejake, and OTS have all passed through.

[edit on 3-7-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I don't think there will be much noise from the other side of the Atlantic today. Half the resident ATS'ers are off celebrating the 4th of July. Should make for some sick heads tomorrow!

Next round should be interesting. Looking forward to 4 good debates being won by contest and not by default.

Happy 4th o' July to any of the American crew checking in!

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Man...the 4th of July is almost as fake as Hollywood these days.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Anyword on my debate?... ?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
Anyword on my debate?... ?

Undecided........

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Man...the 4th of July is almost as fake as Hollywood these days.

Them's fightin' words, son.

I don't know how they do things in your neck of the woods, but in Texas, the spirit of Independance Day is alive and well. People of all races, creeds, castes, and ages come together to drink, make merry, and watch stuff blow up, all in celebration of the day we defended Earth from the alien onslaught.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Really? Sounds good. Here in Denver, it's just an excuse for people to be jackasses and forget how to drive. And for my neighbors to keep me up until 3 in the morning with firecrackers.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
not a holiday for me...

i live in NY...

i dont care for this day...

lets get back on topic...

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Well then you boys need to head on down to Texas next July and see how friendly folk celebrate it...

So, any word from our esteemed judges?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
Well then you boys need to head on down to Texas next July and see how friendly folk celebrate it...

You mean cowering in the corner with a can of Raid, fighting desperately to fend off the mosquitos?

If the sea level would just rise a few feet and take care of San Francisco, California wouldn't be such a bad place. Certainly not bad enough to justify moving to Texas- at least not for me. No offense.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join