It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate Tournament Commentary

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The first time we were contacted about a need for an extension and agreed. We haven't been contacted this time. There will be a very breif period to follow this post and then we will have to say that ktprktpr forfeits this response. Ktprktpr has been cooperative and put effort into the debates and this, I feel, warrants a forfeiture of a response, rather than the entire debate. After that however.....

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
:shk:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Oi. I really wanted a fully legit round.

Might I propose this: If he manages to post something before I post my 3rd reply, I'm cool with it, and ignoring the forfeiture of that rebuttal. Assuming he does post something, my 24 hour mark could start over from when his next post is. If this is cool with all concerned, it's cool with me. I'd rather win through my argument than my punctuality.

Whatcha think? I'll start on my reply and check back in a bit.

[edit on 7/28/2005 by thelibra]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I suppose it is possible, but don't take your time just to get him in. He can still come back to win, IMO, with a well formulated post.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
No, definitly not. Your debate is perfectly legitimate. A missed response doesn't delegitimatize it, and winning by foreit is still winning. We'll continue as usual.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
No, definitly not. Your debate is perfectly legitimate.

(Being blunt)++

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hmm... I seem to have misinterpreted the u2u severely. I thought it applied to the entire debate, not just that one time. Furthermore, I understood a missed post to mean you lose that post, not the whole debate.

I apologize to all parties involved; I basically had more important things to do and I took the 24 hour leeway to equal something roughly like 2 or so days.

Fate obviously favors me and has stayed the Judges' hand. Fear not fellow fans. Like wine, my absence will make my returning pimp slap all the richer.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a win is a win no matter how you win

is this guy (libra) cocky or what!?!?!?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

And from everything I have seen presented by our exalted thelibra, there is absolutely no justification for it!!!!

Or he could be a true sportsman in it for the journey, with the destination merely a motivation point............be my guess.......

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Er come on guys, lay off a little. We dont want no heckling from the crowd. This is a clean ring we run here.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I see that theLibra has written his third reply.

I will draw up and compose a third reply late tonight.

... and remind him that my pimp hand is like Freddy Kruger.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
Er come on guys, lay off a little. We dont want no heckling from the crowd. This is a clean ring we run here.

Hhhhmmmm.........I felt that I was expressing myself clearly.......I was earnest in my anti-thelibra is cocky post........

Perhaps my 'prose' truly is a deep wade.......

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
What a great society we live in today. In a debate on a subject I never wanted to be a part of, with a free chance at greater points, I offer my opponent the chance to get back up, and am heckled by the crowd as being both arrogant and (apparently) incompetent.

My true intentions were only this: I stand to lose nothing if I lose this debate. I stand everything to gain by being a gentleman.

I was apparently wrong in the latter part, as public opinion favors not a gentleman.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by MemoryShock
Or he could be a true sportsman in it for the journey, with the destination merely a motivation point............be my guess.......

Allow me to clarify.....

true sportsman=true sportsman

journey= the debate experience

destination= the result of the debate

Being 'in it for the journey' in this case implies not being concerned for victory, but the experience.....which implies an esteem for the human interactions.......I never questioned that, nor held any seriousness to the post made by TSA.......

Your reaction obviously implicates a failure on my part for the communicae......however.......I feel obligated to point out what I meant...

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Ah, my mistake then. For some reason, I thought I read this:

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Originally posted by they see ALL

And from everything I have seen presented by our exalted thelibra, there is absolutely no justification for it!!!!

It must have been a trick of the light.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
why are you made thelibra???

i hope i am not the "bad guy" here...

i just made a joke...

so please, settle down...

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
#! I made a typo in my last quote; i wrote "doe" instead of do. AIEIEIIWWWIIEEEE.

Hopefully it won't matter all that much. I'm happy this debate is almost over.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
I made a typo in my last quote; i wrote "doe" instead of do. AIEIEIIWWWIIEEEE.

Hopefully it won't matter all that much. I'm happy this debate is almost over.

No worries, mate. I didn't even notice, to be honest.

Yer up. I'm spent, closing statement is posted. It's time to begin the drinking.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
TheLibra says:

I was apparently wrong in the latter part, as public opinion favors not a gentleman.

Wrong. I favor a gentleman, which you have always been.

I regret two things: first, not having been able to play it through; but that does not repeat not take away from my worthy opponent. I am looking forward to the final debate, and second that both of my esteemed colleagues and friends The Libra and Wyrde could win.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
It must have been a trick of the light.

Originally posted by MemoryShock

[edit on 29-7-2005 by MemoryShock]

[edit on 29-7-2005 by MemoryShock]

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join