It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate Tournament Commentary

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The Debate Tournament is now OPEN.

Please use this thread to post any questions or comments you have about the debates.

Second Tournament for 2005!

Debate Forum

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Just wishing everyone the best of luck in the debate and thank you to teh admins for putting this up and allowing me to take part in it.

I assume JungleJake is posting first in our thread as he is for it?

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I would like to second Odium in wishing everyone luck.....and express that this will be a great tournament judging by my previous encounters with all the fighters.........

Time for Coffee and research!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
good luck to all the "fighters" and me

i hope this will be fun...

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Yeah I have a comment....does anyone ever win these things? What does the winner win? I'd rather see these members go at it Thunderdome style. I'll take the guy with the chainsaw!!

Peace

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone the best of luck on this debate. Just remeber have fun thats what it's all about.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Lovedoes anyone ever win these things?

I think Blackjackal is the two time undefeated champ actually. He's in retirement right now (iow, not participating in this particular tournament). As far as prizes, in addition to points, in the past books have been given out, and the like.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Woohoo, first question pertaining to the actual debate rules! I RULE!

Anyway, is the 24 hour period based on the initial start of the debate, or from when the last response was? In other words, will the cycle start at the same time every day, or be relative based on how quickly your competition replied to the thread?

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Woohoo, first question pertaining to the actual debate rules! I RULE!

Anyway, is the 24 hour period based on the initial start of the debate, or from when the last response was? In other words, will the cycle start at the same time every day, or be relative based on how quickly your competition replied to the thread?

Nygdan and Amor may have changed it but the last debate I was in ran like this. The 24 hour clock started from the time of the last post.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Bingo.

Oh, and Doc, they've got places for people like you. They call it WWE.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I would like to say that I truely gratefull for this wonderful opportunity.

I've really been wanting to engage in debate since I became a member here, and to finally have the chance is really wonderful.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I am so sorry that I an unable to continue in this debate. I really wish I could, darn suprise birthday presents.....

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
to bad black jackal isn't particiapting. Oh well.

It's good to debate again. that's pretty much why i came back to ATS, to debate.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I with to than both Amorymeltzer and Nygdan along with the admins for getting this back up and running.
Good luck to all
Myself to win though of course!

Quick question one the topic of my debate which is "There should be mandatory drug testing of athletes."
When you say drugs are you meaning all drugs of illegal nature or just performance enhancers? Need to know this so that I know hoe to slant the arguments.
Thank you.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I believe it is both type of drugs. Illegal and performance enhancers are both banned in sporting events.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It is both types of drugs.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Best of luck to everybody!

Just wondering where my worthy opponent has gone off to? Either he has forgotten or is preparing a humdinger of an opening argument!!!

He is cutting it a bit close to the bone on the 24hr time limit!! It is hard to tell with all the time zones when the 24hrs are up......

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
He is cutting it a bit close to the bone on the 24hr time limit!! It is hard to tell with all the time zones when the 24hrs are up......

So is my guy, very near to the limit. I think he has about an hour left till it is up.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I must say, I'm very impressed with everything that's been put up already. The debators are all doing a great job, and I'm really curious as to how some of these will turn out. This should be a very good first round.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
If someone missed the 24hour limit what should I do?

Go a head and post my next part or wait for them?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join