It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Italian judge orders the arrest of 13 CIA agents.

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...


ROME - An Italian judge has ordered the arrest of 13 CIA agents for allegedly helping deport an imam to Egypt as part of U.S. anti-terrorism efforts, an Italian official familiar with the investigation said Friday.

The agents are suspected in the seizure of an Egyptian-born imam identified as Abu Omar on the streets of Milan in February 2003, according to the official, who requested anonymity because he was not authorized to release the information.

The U.S. Embassy in Rome declined to comment.

Prosecutors believe the agents seized Omar as part of the CIA's "extraordinary rendition" program, in which terror suspects are transferred to third countries without court approval, according to reports Friday in newspapers Corriere della Sera and Il Giorno.

Investigators traced the agents through check-in details at Milan hotels and their use of Italian cell phones during the operation, the reports said. All the agents are American and include three women, Il Giorno said.

They said police also received an eyewitness account from an Egyptian woman who heard Omar calling for help and saw him being bundled into a white van as he walked from his house to a mosque.

The report said Omar was taken to Aviano, a joint U.S.-Italian base north of Venice, and was flown from there to another U.S. air base in Ramstein, Germany, before being taken in a second jet to Cairo.

if CIA agents arrest Osama in Afghanistan or Pakistan does the Afghans or Pakistanis have the right to demand their arrest? its pretty much how far they prevent us from defeating the terrorists wen dis is more political then about the law. they just want to get the CIA agents and try to embarrass them.




posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
...helping deport an imam to Egypt as part of U.S. anti-terrorism efforts...


For deport read kidnap.

Had this person actually committed a crime in Italy?



Edit: Spelling

[edit on 24-6-2005 by KhieuSamphan]



posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan

Had this person actually committed a crime in Italy?


he may have committed a crime somewhere else, we dont know since terrorists dont just talk out loud wen in public places.
also he has a shady history ill look it up.



posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
he may have committed a crime somewhere else, we dont know since terrorists dont just talk out loud wen in public places.
also he has a shady history ill look it up.

Ah, now this is where we may disagree I suspect. I do not think someone should be apprehended based upon what they may do in the future. I would actually prefer to see evidence first, before convicting.



posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
Ah, now this is where we may disagree I suspect. I do not think someone should be apprehended based upon what they may do in the future. I would actually prefer to see evidence first, before convicting.


look back at one of my posts where i say committed which means in the past.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The agents involved in Milan, whoever they were and wherever they came from, must be cursing their luck. At first, everything went so well. The 42-year-old Abu Omar, née Mostafa Hassan Nasr Osama, was no common immigrant, after all. His bad-guy credentials were all in order. An Islamist firebrand, he came to Italy in 1997 by way of Afghanistan and Albania. In the famously radical mosques on Via Quaranta and Viale Jenner, he was always recruiting what he called “the youth” to go blow themselves up as “martyrs” in one jihad or another, according to Italian court documents and official transcripts of taped conversations. He was the kind of Islamic preacher the United States was especially interested in after the attacks on New York and Washington in 2001 by Islamist cells originally organized among immigrants in Europe.

www.michaelmoore.com...

A U.S. counter-terrorism official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Wednesday that Abu Omar was "considered a veteran jihadist" who had fought in Bosnia-Herzegovina and Afghanistan. After Omar arrived in Italy in 2001, the official said, "he supported other jihadists" by providing training, and "is suspected of involvement in planning terrorist activities."


as i say he had a shady history declaring Jihad. so im not surprise the CIA went after him.



posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
He he, I could see this getting bogged down in a debate regarding the definition of a 'terrorist' and of whether or not we can believe 'U.S. counter-terrorism officials'.

I get the impression you support this action, whereas I do not. Can we agree to disagree. I ain't being rude either, but I'm going home for my tea soon, and unfortunately won't be able to carry on this disscussion...my piece of mackerel is calling.



posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan

I get the impression you support this action, whereas I do not. Can we agree to disagree. I ain't being rude either, but I'm going home for my tea soon, and unfortunately won't be able to carry on this disscussion...my piece of mackerel is calling.


sure no problem, if Osama was in another country and the CIA manage to arrest him ill support that. i know u are a nice person. enjoy yer tea.



posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
if CIA agents arrest Osama in Afghanistan or Pakistan does the Afghans or Pakistanis have the right to demand their arrest? its pretty much how far they prevent us from defeating the terrorists wen dis is more political then about the law. they just want to get the CIA agents and try to embarrass them.


Look deltaboy. We can't have CIA agent's running aroud, kidnaping people. My country also signed a treaty that obligate us to help you in "war on terrorism". Just ask us for help and we'll turn a blind eye or even help you. But extend some courtesy and let us know before you do something like that. Embarrassement is all CIA fault and I bet that something like that (kidnaping) happened before in Italy and they probably got pissed.

On the other hand we can read this action as a payback for killing an Italian intelligence officer by US Marines at checkpoint near airport in Iraq.



posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
On the other hand we can read this action as a payback for killing an Italian intelligence officer by US Marines at checkpoint near airport in Iraq.


actually it was the U.S. Army members, i can check to find out which unit that did it.
in anicase some nations tend to refuse to give us the terrorists because of pressure from their own population and since the countries that has not experience terrorist attacks as like America and other countries its understandable that they dont support renditions because they havent experience it themselves yeeet. but in anicase we just helping to deal with the problem if yall cant deal with it because of public pressure and possible outrage. even Musharraf the leader of Pakistan almost got assasinated twice for giving the Al Qaeda members to the U.S. if i was a terrorist i be mad as hell too to see one of my buddies get "deported" to the land of Great Satan.




top topics



 
0

log in

join