It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Won't Be A Presidential Election in '08

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

So what is going to happen when elections go on as normal?

Everyone will move on from this and start some more predictions to be paranoid over...until those fall apart.

Have you prediction people even gone back and taken a look at how paranoid you were over some crazy accusation that never paned out?

Not intending to be rude, just trying to keep the reality factor in check.

Considering the fact that there has been massive election fraud in the past two elections (trial runs?), actually having an election might not prevent the scenario outlined in this thread.

Get involved, people. Volunteer at the party and volunteer to work the election booths on election day. It's hard to commit fraud when everyone is watching. If you see something 'off' going on, spam it to the world all over the internet.

Simple containment via the ballot box.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
an assassination eliminates an election ? for how long ? can you point to where in the constitution it states elections are cancelled after an assassination ?

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I really hope in my deepest of hopes, that I am just scared by little "what if" scenarios. I really want to believe in my country, and that even minor corruption aside, the larger governmental functions will hold true to our founding fathers ideals.

I am certainly interested in conspiracy wingnut stuff, and that's why I'm here, but I really hope the last elections outcome was a complete fluke.

I also think there will be a monumentous cry from the people if we are denied our right to vote.

Assuming the government stages an attack on us, I don't think there would be good economic sense in a terrorist attack conspiracy from our government, they know we have spent too much on war, our deficits are huge we couldn't pay for the repairs, and no other countries in the world have sympathy for us anymore, we would have gotten what we asked for.

I really hope my fears are just that, fear. I want to believe in my country. If we get another buthole republican puppet in the office, I know the ignorant, the "christians only" americans, the spoon fed masses, and the republican party have won.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
lets see wat happens in 2008, if it comes true then yer theory was wrong.
in anicase conspiracies have been goin on long before America became independent and the first elections to the present, elections still comes.

And Ronald Reagan is the first president to live through the curse. It is said that his heart stopped beating during surgery to remove the bullett.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by backtoreality

Everyone will move on from this and start some more predictions to be paranoid over...until those fall apart.

Have you prediction people even gone back and taken a look at how paranoid you were over some crazy accusation that never paned out?

Well if that was in reply to my comment, It was just meant jokingly. But there really is that bill in place and if many Bush worshippers have their way it would get passed, doesn't mean it will happen though.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
``

in no particular order

Orrin Hatch, Utah
Bill Frist, Tenn
Joseph Biden, Del
John Kerry, Mass
George Allen, Va
Rick Santorum. Pa
Arlen Specter, Pa
Lindsey Graham, SC
John McCain, AZ
Chuck Hagle, Neb
Condeleezza Rice
Rudy Guiliani
Steve Forbes
Newt Gingrich

Only one of these people has a chance. His name is Rudy.

there are some aspirants desirious of ascending to 'caesar'
& the 'rule of law' will prevail,
ergo, i don't envision a takeover of USA via Martial Law in next 3 yrs
imho

Rule of law?
Sorry, that is a thing of the past, as what we as a nation once definied as law has now been supplanted by the absurdly named Patriot Act.

No one envisioned 9-11, either.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

If this prediction becomes reality, what will you say then?

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
an assassination eliminates an election ? for how long ? can you point to where in the constitution it states elections are cancelled after an assassination ?

The Patriot Act.

Dillution of the Posse Comitatus Act.

A lawless and unaccountable administration (s)elected by Republican controlled-vote software and machiavellian tampering in selected areas.

We are living in a new day. We have Operation Northwoods 9-11 to thank for that.

The traumatised masses (ignorant of problem/reaction/solution) will give their freedom to the beast to feel protected. History has proven this.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If the point of this thread is to point out that there is an effort afoot to "rig" the upcoming elections through an implementation of Marshall Law, the initial poster has, apparently, been asleep for the past six years. It has become clear that Americans are feeling increasingly alienated by the current administration. Marshall Law will not abate that sentiment. The only way to calm Americans down and make them "believe" that their democratic voice is being heard (and thusly avoid any form of revolution) is to have elections. No one said that they couldn't be rigged.

Marshall Law is an entirely unveiled attempt at controlling the nation WITHOUT the support of the American people. With a rigged election you may have a president with weak approval numbers, but Americans are patient enough to wait four years to start again and you can still get a lot of your agenda pushed through while the voters wait. With Marshall Law, you've gota every citizen up in arms about the loss of their democracy.

Which situation would you rather rule under...Marshall Law, or rigged election? I'd pick rigged election any day.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This thread is not about stealing elections and martial law, per se.

It is about the ultimate velvet coup.

No president, apart from Reagan, as I mentioned, has ever outlived the curse. Bush could be viewed as the ultimate throw-away for the team. I find it odd that Cheney has made it clear that he has no intention of running. Interesting. That would totally "clear" or distance him in the event that Bush was assassinated. The traumatised nation would rally around Cheney and elect him. Americans are far too easily manipulated.

Also, the Octupus would probably frame some Democrat or Dem group to further alienate Americans against the left.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The first time I saw Absolute Positive Evidence That There Weren't Going to Be Any Elections Next Year was when I was in my twenties, and the usual gang of nutters talked breathlessly about Nixon cancelling the 1968 presidential elections.

And of course they were wrong, just as you are wrong, too. There will be elections in 2008, although I don't know who the Democrats will nominate, and I don't know who the Republicans will nominate, and I don't know who will win.

But here is what I do know.

Since it usually takes about six or seven years to implement an Amendment to the Constitution -- and since, of the five hundred or so attempts to do so, there've only been about 28 that actually worked -- the chances of George Bush or Arnold Schwartzenegger running in 2008 is zero. The Constitution forbids a third term and people who aren't natural born citizens from becoming President.

The best way for a Republican to win is to have the Vice President run; but we know that Cheney, because of his personality and health problems, will not do so. Therefore, there is an outside chance that, citing health reasons, Cheney will resign, paving the way for Dubya to pick an electable person to fill out Cheney's terms. Some "no-ways" for this job would be:

John McCain, whose ego is simply too big to share with Dubya, and who knows that his chance for President are much stronger as long as he's seen as a quasi-outsider;

Jeb Bush, whose appointment would backfire because of his close relationship;

Bill Frist, who, despite his shooting himself in the foot with his Terri Schiavo diatribes, probably has more power and base as Senate Majority Leader.

There are quite a few Republicans who would like the opportunity, and none of them have to have a lot of name recognition (after all, who outside of the people of Indiana had heard of Dan Quayle when George the Elder picked him? So here are the possibilities as I see them, assuming that Cheney does resign this year:

Chuck Hagel of Nebraska;
George Pataki of New York;
Mitt Romney of Massachusetts;
and finally, the true Dark Horse (pun intended)..
Secretary of State Dr. Condoleezza Rice

All of them have weaknesses: Hagel is seen as a bit to Green and anti-Bush, a stance that might sit well with some Democrats, but not likely to help him win the nomination of the Republicans. Pataki is not all that popular in his home state, and Romney, while very popular in his home state, would probably be anathema to the Christian Coalition who are increasingly powerful in the Republican Party (Romney is Mormon).

And Rice, of course, has no elected experience, although the conservative Republicans, the ones which are supposed to be the most bigoted, salivate at the thought of running her against the Democrats (who, for obvious reasons, would rather run against Jesus than against her).

Either way, though, this is going to be a great election, with no sitting president and the field wide open.

May the best woman win!

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

The Patriot Act.

Dillution of the Posse Comitatus Act.

A lawless and unaccountable administration (s)elected by Republican controlled-vote software and machiavellian tampering in selected areas.

We are living in a new day. We have Operation Northwoods 9-11 to thank for that.

The traumatised masses (ignorant of problem/reaction/solution) will give their freedom to the beast to feel protected. History has proven this.

ok, show me where in the patriot act or posse act there is a specific claus that allows for the canceling of federal or presidential elections due to an assassination, and I will concede the point to you that this is possible.

[edit on 24-6-2005 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

You can't use that argument for every wacky prediction you hear.

If you are right: "1 out 100 ain't bad"

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Neither you nor I know what will happen in the coming days.

There are 3 years left. A lot can happen between now and then.

Um, yeah anything can happen which means you have no idea what will happen...why must you post these crazy ideas?!?!

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   

ok, show me where in the patriot act or posse act there is a specific claus that allows for the canceling of federal or presidential elections due to an assassination, and I will concede the point to you that this is possible.

No need to cancel any election. Read my posts. Sympathy will carry Cheney or whomever it is into office, easily.

Here's a guy who has a much better shot than anyone mentioned thus far:

Former Oklahoma Congressman and water carrier extraordinaire J.C. Watts, (R.)

Hillary Clinton (first woman) Vs. J.C. Watts

Watts would stomp Hillary - (a) if the election was not rigged (b) if Bush fell to an assassin.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

You can't use that argument for every wacky prediction you hear.

If you are right: "1 out 100 ain't bad"

This is here on the record.

I will be here waiting for your reply, either way.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

[edit on 24-6-2005 by syrinx high priest]

actually we have assassinations back in the past on Presidents and candidates but presidential elections still go on, if the President is kill the VP replaces him and if its on first term the VP can try to get elected for 2nd term, he cant say that he was never elected for first term and that it dont count as his own ambition for being president in first term, candidates who gets assassinated does not stop the presidential elections unless all the candidates have been killed, on both sides of the parties i mean. that would stop the elections. but i dont imagine Bush killing his own Republican friends who have been loyal to him.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
Um, yeah anything can happen which means you have no idea what will happen...why must you post these crazy ideas?!?!

If you don't like this thread, feel free not to waste space replying.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Some one mentioned earlier in the thread of Arnie running as VP "if the law was changed".

Wouldn't he be able to be VP now without a change in the law? Madeline Albright was foriegn-born, so she would have just been skipped in the line of succession. I assume you could do the same with the VP.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think putting Ahnuld in the hotseat's a bit premature. His future may well be sealed one way or the other after his unpopular upcoming referendum. He's not looking too good to Colleeforneeans these days.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join