It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Italian Judge Orders Arrest of 13 CIA Agents

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

ROME - The Italian government denied Thursday it had prior knowledge of the alleged CIA kidnapping of a radical Egyptian cleric in 2003, an operation that has led prosecutors to seek the arrest of 13 purported CIA operatives.

Carlo Giovanardi, minister for relations with parliament, addressed the Senate in response to opposition demands that Italy say whether authorities knew of plans to kidnap the Egyptian, considered an Islamic terrorist.
Italy Denies

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
July 10th.

No arrests.

There are the way things should be, and there are the way things are.
Should be arrested is how it should be according to some.

Not arrested, is the way things are. Americas men are above the law, which is part of my beef. But...interestingly enough another name entered into this.

Interpol. Doesnt Interpol operate above the law in killing bad people too?

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hmm, I wonder if US agents have conducted illegal activities in Italy before.

Oops,

The Tribunale De Roma ruled in 1986 the Kabbaras were indeed working for the DEA and were attempting to bring DEA heroin into Italy to illegally set up an Italian citizen.

and

Court records in Italy also confirm Hurley ran controlled deliveries-- without the knowledge of the Italian government, bungled it, and caused a flurry of formal protest from the Italian Foreign Ministry to the State Department.

www.mebocom-defilee.ch...

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well,

Dont say I didnt tell you so. Here it is Sept, 9th, and still no arrest.

I dont think most people are aware of how complex and intertwined the intelligence community really is. How much time goes into making these individuals, and the danger that some of them face on a daily basis. Before we make a brash decision and pull the plug on these guys, lets let process do its thing.

We can all armchair what we do and dont know to a degree just as I do. But in all honesty, I dont think the CIA or the FBI are pulling potential terrorists out of a grab bag. Lets get real. As far as framining someone goes, thats a whole different deal. Not being able to make a case against somone and then making a false case against them to catch them is, and should be illegal.

I hope, as we all do, there is a degree of morality and ethics to each and every person empowerd in altering the path on peoples lives in the name of public safety and freedom. Should that person, or persons operate in a capacity that is less then noble or in maliciously creating havoc in the world for personal or party gain, then those agents and or operatives should be removed.

In the case of the CIA and italy, they are attmepting to track down a terrorist. I cant begrudge them for that. Its my trust that they be held to a higher standard internally. Its my fear, that they use their power for politcal gain. Its my hope, that the truth and moraly upright be done and that the agency can be left intact in being effective without politial intervention, in protecting and detecting, potential threats to US citizens and interests.

Its in closing, with the last line above, the I realize, that the " interests " is a broad term. It has been said that Government is merely a shadow of business, and its unfortunate, but our Government is all about business now days.

Peace

[edit on 9-9-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Still waiting. Isnt going to happen. And btw..not even in the press.

As I said in a previous post...Spirt sputter choke dead. Non Story.

We have systems in place that are attemping to do the right thing.

I pray this is one of them despite the questionability of the practice..

Peace

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join