It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed up, so here's my new voting criteria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well, with the SCOTUS ruling that your land can be taken for use by private corperations, with the religious right trying to impose a Theocracy in the USA, with the insane affronts to personal freedom, with the unexcusable corruption inherent in our political system, I have formulated a new voting policy for myself and anyone else who wants to adopt it.

VOTE THEM OUT.

I will not vote for any incumbant, period. This includes the national, state and local level. If you are in office now, I believe you are already corrupt by the deals you had to make to get there. The corruption in our government is the most serious problem we face, for if we do not overcome this, the rest of our problems will never be solved. The people who promise to solve them have no interest in doing so. The status quo suits them fine since they are usually not the ones suffering.

As an example, I point to Senator Ted Kennedy. He has been wasting space in Congress for longer than most of us have been alive. No one should be allowed to hold a political office in this country for 40 years, especially a person who used his family's political power to walk (or swim) away from a probable manslaughter conviction.

Since there is no real difference between Democrats and Republicans, I don't care about party affiliations. I'm not interested in the rhetoric or hollow promises that are NEVER kept. I will not be distracted by the cults of personality offered up to the masses by the media. Emotionaly charged issues will not sway me. Doom and gloom will not make me afraid. We've heard it all before. It's getting quite stale.

Term limits would be wonderful but there is a greater chance of aliens landing on the White House lawn than anyone in this corrupt government actually considering term limits.

To sum it up. If you are part of the government now, you are part of the problem. You have had years and in many cases decades to do some good for the people you falsely claim to represent. Screw you. I'm done with ya.

I love my country, but I have no faith at all in those who govern it. Once I did, but not anymore. Yep, I voted Republican the last time, but I now see that there is no difference between them and the rest of the power elite, except perhaps that they are more religiously fanatic. I'm sure people like MA, ECK, and RANT will be more than happy to send a few I told ya so's my way. However that doesn't mean I think any better of the Democrats.

VOTE THEM ALL OUT. I'm going to. In light of all the brainwashed, mind-numbed, apathetic "citizens" who won't see the man behind the curtain, it likely won't do any good, but I will not help any current incumbant politician (crook) remain in office.

Oh yeah, I'm sure that many will say, "Well, voting is rigged so it won't matter." Perhaps that is true, but that is the power that I have as a citizen to effect change. Just like I did with the Republicans, I will give it a chance to work. If it doesn't? Well, we'll see.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I started this thread in 2005. Seems no one gave it much attention or thought it was a decent idea. Things have gotten much worse since then, I think all would agree.

How does my idea sound now?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well I saw this idea before (almost certain it was not your post, though).

I personally like it. Need to get my registration card, I already called them.

join