It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~Watch Tower subliminal Art~Knock Knock!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This Post was actually posted in another forum....I sorta brought it here in good faith.....

Anyway ...The Widely known 'Watch tower' using all sorts of Subliminal Art in their magazines .....

members.cox.net...

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Some of those are down right silly.. while others should be examined more closely before making a final conclusion. For example the cover with the apparent Joseph Rutherford on it that was later air brushed out would be a good one to examine.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It has nothing to do with the JW's. I'm sure they hire out artists. I was a JW from birth until I was about 15 and trust me, there is nothing strange or wicked going on.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

This, and a lot of it, just appears to be the human mind looking for patterns.

Also, lets face it, the Jehovah's Witnesses are christers. They're usually thought of as fundamentalist christians, of a sort. They're not pagans or anything like that, they're big supporters of jesus.

But that's a neat collection of their stuff.

[edit on 24-6-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
It has nothing to do with the JW's. I'm sure they hire out artists. I was a JW from birth until I was about 15 and trust me, there is nothing strange or wicked going on.

Graphic artist are notorious for implanting images in their art. The JWs probably never noticed. A lot of what is called "subliminal" is just artist goofing off. I recently saw in another post, a picture with a group of rocks, that appeared to be a hand masturbating a male organ.

Also, remember the phallic towers on the Little Mermaid. These things have been going on forever. I'm sure if you pick up any magazine and started exploring the ads you could find a lot of so called subliminals.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Looks like human pattern recognition to me. Also it is very highly possible that the artists that were contracted for that art, were not chrisitians at all, but hungry capitalists with talent.

I agree, some of that guys stuff is absurd, like the letter "S" hidden in images, please.

Now if that guy had found a bunch of sex subliminals in those images, then I would
say he's on to something, because the mind is more apt to be attracted to subversive
subliminal sex images than say...a dog, a ram, sagittarius, etc.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
... trust me, there is nothing strange or wicked going on.

except the blatant racism in depicting jews and other middle easterners as white. this fact alone should alarm any reasonable person.

daved

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I thought and still believe that Jehovas witnesses are not Christian.......

Quote///“One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism” (Eph. 4.4)

“If anyone preaches any other gospel to you that what you have received, let him be anathema” (Galatians 1.8).
“A heretic after the first and second admonition reject” (Titus 3.10).
“Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God… If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him” (II John 9-10).

“There will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord Who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction” (II Peter 2.1).

Thus St. John says: "If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house,
neither bid him God speed, for he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds" (II John, 10-11).
And St. Paul says: "Examine yourselves whether ye be in the faith" (II Corinthians13.5),
and: "God is not the author of confusion, but of peace" (I Corinthians 14.33), and: "The Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons" (I Timothy 4.1).

Can you explain?

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Can you explain?

IX
helen

Well from the sounds of those scriptures, Christianity is a bigotted cult.
Thanks for pointing out clearly from the text of the false doctrine.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm sorry I don't have time to disect that but its pure hog wash. JW's have nothing to do with satanism or giving heed to spirits and demons. They worship Jehovah God..ie Yaweh, Lord or whatever you want to call him and Jesus/Yeshua or whatever you want to call him. They really are no different from other Christians except they do not celebrate Christmas and birthdays etc.

I don't know why you think what you do but it's completely unfounded. They are kind and loving Christains.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The Father,the Son and the Holy Spirit.

You mean to tell me that the Jehovas Witness have the same belief as Christians?

That Jesus Christ Son of God was Crucified and Resurrected .

how do Jehovah's Witnesses explain I John 5:7 There are those that bear record in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit: and these three are one? Or again, how is it possible to grieve the Holy Spirit (Eph. 4:30) if, as Jehovah's Witnesses teach, He is an impersonal "force"?

On the Teachings of the Holy Trinity. According to the Witnesses, "the doctrine of the Trinity originated not with God but with Satan.
They regard the First Ecumenical Council (Nicea, 325 AD), which defined the doctrine of the Trinity, as a great victory for apostate Christianity.

Eschatology.// From the Adventists Russell inherited an obsession with biblical prophecy concerning the end times.
When their prediction of Christ’s return to earth in 1874 proved false, Russell claimed the return was invisible, that actually the date marked Christ’s "second presence," i.e., His elevation to active kingship, the beginning of a forty-year harvest which would culminate in 1914 with the "end of the Gentile times." 1918 was to usher in the millennium.

There are lots of predictions concerning the end of the world and Christ's return.......all have FAILED!
He said to the Jews: "I and My Father are one … He that hath seen Me hath seen the Father … I am in the Father and the Father in Me … all Mine are Thine, and Thine are Mine … We will come unto him and make our abode with him" (John 10:30, 14:9, 14:10, 17:10 and 14:23).

They maybe be kind ......but loving is another story...
IX
helen

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
So you started this thread openly enough but it's your intentions to bash JW's because they don't believe in the trinity?

I think Stacy was nice enough, your aggression is in contrast to that.

:shk:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Im sorry, do you see me getting aggresive?
Where in my post is there Agression?
quote/
They maybe be kind ......but loving is another story...

Yes, They may be kind.........but loving is another story?
Yes because love should be all truth and not based on LIES!
Love should be able to SPEAK truth ....and not falsefy the truth!
Love is the basis of Christianity.........without it, you have nothing!

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father... Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son o f God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. (I John 2:22, 23. 4:15).
The whole matter is summed up in confessing the Lord Jesus Christ to be the Son of God and to be God. How then could one possibly say, "Believe any way you want"?

Quote///Beloved, believe not every spirit,
but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Herein know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist. (I John 4:1-3)
He who says, "Believe as you want" does not confess Jesus Christ, for if he did confess Christ he would not speak thus. Therefore he cannot be from God. Where then is he from? - truly from the antichrist.

I cannot now confess in my belief of Jesus Christ as My God?

And I state the TRUTH!

IX
helen

MauiStacey.......If in any way I have offended YOU personally Im sorry!
But the Truth remains that the Jehovas Witnesses are NOT CHRISTIANS!

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
And for your information Intrepid.......quote///
So you started this thread openly enough but it's your intentions to bash JW's because they don't believe in the trinity?

If you see my POST.....I did not start this post about the Trinity!
Look again!

to be a Christian......ONE must believe in the TRINITY!

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well I guess we know where you stand then. What color is the sky there?

My only problem is you started out with one thread, "subliminal" stuff and morphed it into a JW bash. Man, that's convoluted.

BTW, they are Christians. And "no", they don't believe in the trinity. Who would?

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
QUOTE///Well I guess we know where you stand then. What color is the sky there?

My only problem is you started out with one thread, "subliminal" stuff and morphed it into a JW bash. Man, that's convoluted.

BTW, they are Christians. And "no", they don't believe in the trinity. Who would?

Color of the Sky?

WE know ?
Who is WE?

I did start with Subliminal art......I did not morph it into anything!

It's OK for BASHING mainstream Christianity.......but whoever dares touches on the JW'S better watch out!
Your kidding me !

As a Christian I believe.....
The Apostles spoke of the divinity of Christ with complete clarity:
"And we know that the Son of God is come and hath given us understanding, that we may know Him that is true; and we are in Him that is true, even in His Son Jesus Christ" (1 John 5:20) …
"of whom are the fathers, and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever" (Romans 9:5) …
"Looking for that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13) …
"Had they (the Jews) known (the wisdom of God), they would not have crucified the Lord of glory" (1 Cor. 2:8)…
"For in Him (Christ) dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily" (Col. 2:9) … "And beyond controversy, great is the mystery of godliness" (1 Timothy 3:16).
And in the first and second chapters of his epistle to the Hebrews, St. Paul the Apostle proves conclusively that the Son of God is not a creature but the Creator and that He is immeasurably superior to all beings created by Him. Angels are simply ministering spirits.

All Christians believe in the Trinity.......
The Jehovas DO NOT!

QUOTE///
The First Ecumenical Council was convened in 325 A.D., in the city of Nicea, under the Emperor Constantine I.
This Council was called because of the false doctrine of the Alexandrian priest Arius, who rejected the Divine nature and pre-eternal birth of the second person of the Holy Trinity,
namely the Divine Son of God the Father, and taught that the Son of God is only the highest creation.

318 bishops participated in this Council, among whom were St. Nicholas the Wonderworker, St. James, bishop of Nisibis, St. Spiridon of Tremithus, and St. Athanasius, who was at that time a deacon.

The Council condemned and repudiated the heresy of Arius and affirmed the immutable truth, the dogma that the Son of God is true God, born of God the Father before all ages, and is eternal, as is God the Father; He was begotten, and not made, and is of one essence with God the Father.
In order that all Orthodox Christians may know exactly the true teaching of the faith, it was clearly and concisely summarized in the first of seven sections of the Creed, or Symbol of Faith.
www.fatheralexander.org...

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Eleni, I have a great book for you to read, called "When Jesus Became God: The Struggle to Define Christianity during the Last Days of Rome" by Richard E. Rubenstein. It tells of the many divisions of Christianity
which were settled by the council of Nicaea (325 AD). The author has little agenda in the then-huge debate between Arians (Unitarians) and .

In was only in 325 CE that the Council of Niceaea officially declared Arianism, which did not regard Jesus as God, a "heresy." The Athanasian Creed of 500 CE defined the concept in its enduring form. But even in the eleventh century, a difference over the description of the position of the Holy Spirit in the Trinity was the key theological justification for the split between the Western and Eastern Christian Churches. Sometimes Unitarians and JWs are considered Arians, but they're not, they're just ... non-trinitarians! Socianists, I suppose, if you want to be scholarly about it.

By the way, the last well-known anti-trinitarian, Servetus, wrote "On the Errors of the Trinity" in 1531. He was burned at the stake. Praise Jesus!

My point is that theological stuff that you (and I, since I'm a trinitarian, too) accept as true were arrived at only by decades and centuries of political and often violent debate, backstabbing, wars, etc.; that's why I sugest you read the cited book.

But a deeper point is that arguing over such points is like arguing over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin (or how many libertarians can dance on the head of an IRS agent): good campfire-chat, but hardly, in my view, a key to Salvation.

Where I live, the most dominant sect (12 million strong and worldwide, also the fastest growing faith) is definitely Trinitarian, who believe some ... quite unorthodox .. theology. But what the Mormons also believe is a loving and merciful God Who sent His Son to atone for our sins, and that's good enough for me.

Remember, Eleni, our common Creed says that we believe that "... He will come to judge the living and the dead ... "* and it implies that He will not be asking either of us for our opoinions on the matter.

I'm willing to let Him make that decision; shouldn't you?

*or "καθεζόμενον εν δεξια θεου πατρος παντο δυνάμου, εκειθεν ερχόμενον κρϊναι ζωντας και νεκρούς.", if you prefer. Opa!

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Off_The_Street.....I know where your coming from......Im not judging anyone here....I know I do not have any hatred toward anyone that does not believe in what I believe......BUT to simply state what is Truth is somewhat different because if I say that all Religious systems are TRUTH then I DENY my God....who is the TRUTH....the Way and the Life........for there is only one way .

And yes, the Judgement will come to all....Living and the dead!
And each will receive his reward.......only God knows this and no man living knows what their judgement is.

I should also point out that we all Live in HOPE .....be it if we believe God or not....WE all have HOPE .......

So with HOPE in mind......
Let the Glory be to God our Lord Jesus Christ....

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
......BUT to simply state what is Truth is somewhat different because if I say that all Religious systems are TRUTH then I DENY my God....who is the TRUTH....the Way and the Life........for there is only one way .

Truth is always relative.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If one follows the New Testament then one has to read the words of the Apostle......
quote///
the words of the Apostle: "I...beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
with all lowliness and meekness,
with long-suffering,
forbearing one another in love; endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all." (Eph. 4:6).

And another.....
The Sacrament of Holy Baptism was instituted by Our Lord after His resurrection, when He appeared to His disciples and said. All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me.
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age (Matt. 28:18-20).
The necessity of this baptism was further stressed by the Savior when He said to them. He who believes and is baptised will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned (Mark 16:16).

In the Old Testament, circumcision was the prototype of the Sacrament of Baptism in the New Testament, by which the believer enters into a new covenant with God (Col. 2:11-12).
If circumcision was performed in the Old Testament on all males, adult and infant (being prescribed for infants on the 8th Day after birth),
so much the more, according to the grace of the new covenant, the Sacrament of Baptism should be administered to infants. Having become a member of the Church through Baptism, infants can receive Holy Communion and from the first days of their life on Earth, they can become vessels of the Holy Spirit. Holy Scripture itself speaks of the baptism of whole families by the Apostles (Acts 16:14-15; 30-39;

OK,
maybe a new thread is in plcae?
IX
helen

top topics

<<   2 >>

join