It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actually seeing what your mind is thinking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I'm just guessing it's like this for everyone.
If I think about something being there infront of me hard enough then it appears in my mind, like faintly in my mind, now what I'm wondering is if there's a way it could appear there in your eyes too.
Is it possible? If people with schizophrenia see things differently and see things that aren't there, then maybe this would be possible?

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think that what a person think is somewhat projected within the person's bio field or Aura...

One way to confirm that is by people who have successfully been able to see or perceive their bio field or Aura.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

now what I'm wondering is if there's a way it could appear there in your eyes too.

Sure, just takes a major amount of practice.

Most people describe what they get when they visualize as flash of the image similar to a single frame on a video or film. Another very common description is 'it is like I just saw it, so I do not really see it but the impressions that I do get when seeing something are there'. But with some effort most people can develop a fairly stable image internally.

Now if you mean projecting an image when your eyes are open, that can be done but I can only guess at the amount of work that would be to learn.

Your brain does a pretty good job of creating sensory input when you Dream so the ability is there. Practice, belief that you can in fact succeed, preparation for any consequences, pretty much what you need to learn any new skill.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Interesting topic.

Has anyone ever seen the movie, "What the Bleep Don't We Know?"

If so, or if not, check out this quote from the movie:

"When Magellan's fleet sailed around the tip of South America he stopped at a placed called Tierra del Fuego. Coming ashore he met some local natives who had come out to see the strange visitors. The ships historian documented that when Magellan came ashore the natives asked him how he had arrived. Magellan pointed out to his fully rigged sailing ships at anchor off the coast. None of the natives could see the ships. Because they had never seen ships before they had no reference point for them in their brains, and could literally not see them with their eyes. Therefore, it is to our advantage to expose our brains to varied stimulus so that the proper neuronal connections are forged. In this way we expand and enrich our ability to experience more of our environment in a meaningful way."

Even though this was stated in the movie, there is no proof that this is true or not. Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have used that story for years, and I do believe it to be true. I usually say they had to be put on a launch and taken to the Ship. Once they got somewhat close it finally registered.

An island, a mirage, clouds, fog, I can think of a lot of things that minds with no reference points might make to 'explain' what they are seeing.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The What The Bleep movie really got me thinking about a few things.

Since the ships were not visible to the natives on the island, what if the same thing is going to us all the time? Imagine if UFOs are constantly flying through the sky, or there are aliens walking along the street with us all day and we just can't see them because our mind will not allow itself to believe that these things are happening. How much of our life are we actually seeing?

Then there is also the opposite of this, what if we are seeing what isnt there. Could it be that the world is just a barren wasteland but our minds won't allow our bodies to live in such a way so it creates a fictional world to take refuge in. We hear of terrible things like Global Warming, War, and other forms of suffering in the world, because our mind will not let us live in a perfect world. So there has to be some forms of imperfection or the reality will be rejected and our minds will shut down.

This is usually where my head hurts from thinking too much, just a few things to think about.

[edit on 25-6-2005 by SydBarrett]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
And this is why people would be better if they had no subconcious or emotions.

Your brain would never conflict with itself, and thus everything you did see would be completely real.

I've said before, I could be a brain in a jar and everything I'm seeing is an illusion, but I know this allusion well enough to call it my world, and to a point, it is...

Besides, if that was true.....why concern yourself with it. You would know the computer program, and that is technically "real." At some point, we touch reality, or the universe is more bizzare than we can imagine.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Everything we see is an illusion.

Physics is showing that matter isn't solid and, therefore, doesn't have substance.

Inside an atom, the electrons swirl around the nucleus so fast that it creats the appearance that the atom has form. But the form you see is only the electron moving some 600 miles per second around the nucleus - kind of like a propeller on a plane. When the propeller moves really fast, it appears to create a circle - but the circle doesn't really exist - the circle is just an illusion.
The same goes with everything. When you touch something, it appears to have substance or mass. What you are really touching is the energy field formed around an atom by the electrons swirling around the nucleus.
Furthermore, the nucleus doesn't have mass. Inside the nucleus are even more electrons swirling around nuclei, but since they're smaller, they're moving faster - some 40,000 miles a second. Inside those nucleus, are even more electrons...and so on....

Everything we see is an illusion.

[edit on 25-6-2005 by checkers]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Well this has got me thinking.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
In any case, when concentrating on a vivid image, that image is actually projecting onto the back of your eye. I find myself linkless at the moment to back this up, but I have read about a new technology that basically scans the back of a user's eyeball and projects the image to an audience. In this manner, visions and images that you are creating with your mind can be instantly displayed.

I don't know how far along the technology is, or to what extent that this is really possible, but I am sure that it was being investigated. I cannot find a link because it's a hard topic to search about - most matches on google involve the opposite of this - artificial retinas and laser monitors and such.

Zip

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
We have progressed to simple mental control via electronics. There is even a production model of a 2 player game of this sort.

Fairly simple single commands but more refinements will certainly follow. Remove the need for wires or direct contact and Forbidden Planet here we come.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
well i'm starting to see moving figures all around me, but thats probably cuz im going crazy or something....shadowed figures....little moving white balls....stuff near the corner of my eyes...its a really strange feeling

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Sleep is your friend, skyblue. Get some.

[edit on 26-6-2005 by Nventual]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I can do that, it's pretty easy, even though what I see aren't 100% opaque images.

It's sort of a cross between reality, and your imagination when you're immersed in a book. As has been said before, reality is what you percieve. It's just a matter of how much you believe in what you percieve.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Could this mean that all of our minds are basically the same? Most people perceive the same visualization. Place a blue ball in front of a group of humans. Everyone there who is at least mentally stable and has the ability to see can recognize that there is a blue ball right before their eyes.

Zipdot, you stated:

[....but I have read about a new technology that basically scans the back of a user's eyeball and projects the image to an audience.]

That certainly interests me. Where did you read that? I’d like to find out more information on this study. Perhaps you could direct me.

So the back of our eyes are basically looking towards our brains. Sounds to me like the back of our eyes are viewing our dreams. It’s like two different worlds to me. In order to dream, and view a different life, you need to sleep. In order to view our waking life, we obviously need to be awake. It contains this whole reverse, parallel aspect to it Well...which life is real? Maybe our waking lives are dreams??? Our dreams reflect upon our waking life. Our waking lives also reflect upon our dreams.

Hmmmmmmm.....

top topics

join