It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robots, Liquid Armor and Virtual Reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The US Army has unveiled its new equipment at the Army Science conference. They have a cool robot which has the SWORDS weopon system mounted on its back with with interchangable weopons that can shoot up to 2000 metres without error. They also have a new thickening fluid that strengthens their armor. And finally they have the future warrior 2025 suit that Ive written about in a previous thread. These new designs and equipment look really cool. The SWORDS robot was supposed to be put into Iraq in early 2005, I doont know if its there yet...

Full Story:
Robots, Liquid Armor and virtual Reality

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
looks to me like stormtroopers are comming even though they will not be white 8) but thats ok.... or I guess you could say the master chief is coming would be a better comparison...

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

hehehhehehe... that is cool, too bad they got a small crappy weapon... should get a bigger one.

any pic of it... has different writing on it heehhe

clear pics

coooooooooooool!!!!!!!

theres one thing i don't like about it... it's only weapon is the hand gun... that suck... need a really big gun for a supersoldier hehehe

[edit on 24-6-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
that is cool, too bad they got a small crappy weapon... should get a bigger one.

if dat small crappy weapon can take on an army ill take it
i prefer that than having to carry a humongus weapon that does same things as the small weapon can do.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Makes me want join the army...

I think that if they keep coming up with these new gadget or cool stuff. people would be willing to join the Service such as the army...

Ymra Eht Nioj or Yvan Eht Nioj...anyone!

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwen
Makes me want join the army...

I think that if they keep coming up with these new gadget or cool stuff. people would be willing to join the Service such as the army...

Ymra Eht Nioj or Yvan Eht Nioj...anyone!

just wait till 2015 thats wen there should be all body armor protection against everything except a nuke. u can walk around and take the bullets like a man.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The future warriors have virtual reality!!!
It would be cool if they could incorporate this into PC's and games!

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
if dat small crappy weapon can take on an army ill take it
i prefer that than having to carry a humongus weapon that does same things as the small weapon can do.

bigger weapon = more firepower!
Besides they look cooler if they use bigger guns hehehe

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

You knew it was coming.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Here is what the type of guns the future warriors should use

not bad looking

Still love this gun! and it's real too! hehhehe

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Ulshadow, your first picture just says 'access denied' for me......?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
right click on it, copy the URL in your browser...

Ick, I hate Startrek guns, most of them don't even have sights, they look like remote controls and squirt guns...

I always loved the Future Warrior concepts, the pistol uses 4.6mm high velocity ammuniton similar to the MP-7, looks like Metalstorm, i'm sure it's good for short range engagement, but they'd have to increase range and stopping power if they want to increase the weapon lethality, but I do believe they focus more on being able to use non-lethal force.

The new OICW concept looks alot more Star Trekkish btw, I hate it, I like the older concept better albeit being more bulky...

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Pfft, someone obviously has never seen a Phaser Rifle..... And the Klingon versions are quite good also...

True, the ideal gun would be one with homing bullets, but thats rather difficult to do with a projectile going 2000 FPS over a 300 Ft range, or rather, a .15 second flight time....

However the concepts for bursting ammo that wil detonate at a preset travel distance is probably jsut as good, and far more possible...

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hey hey... i never said the first pic is real...
i said the second one was hehehe

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The XM-29 has the capability to let you target things around corners, sight people with a laser beam that only you can see, offer you thermal vision, and offer you the 20mm air bust grenade that you can set to burst at a set distance.
Now just think of a metal storm enhanced XM-29 and that kick azz armor and sensor suit and the future looks promising.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
nice suite looks like some kids idea of a power suite or whatever... and i dont really like the gun... it looks like all this tech is going to go on a security guard if they dont give that guy something like the OICW

top topics

join