It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberators or just hypocrites?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I was just reading about the secret we had in WWII, when we brought 400,000 nazis to small towns in America. There they were treated extremely excellent (i.e. Pool, cards, great food, soccer, schooling). They taught them English and more importantly all about Democracy so they would favor the government which they install after they return. (Which is completely against the geneva convention).

At the same time General Macaurther in the Pacific marches into Japan, rips away their way of life and emporer (which was their God) and Macaurther rewrote their entire constitution. (I understand they now thank us, that is not the point) That would be like other countries taking American Prisoners in Iraq and brainwashing them to love Islam etc...

How are we suppose to gain respect from other countries when our history is so apparent. I am not a liberal, but I am a realist. These hidden facts in history are what other cultures see.

In our constitution is states that we will never stop spreading freedom. (Which is obvious) But you have to entertain where this constitution came from. Our founding fathers were a bunch of secret keepers who were not only slave owners, but slave traders. They never showed any sympathy for other cultures, (i.e. Indians. Mexicans, etc..) They thought of Blacks as subhuman, and destine for servitude. This ideolgy is the same motivation that wrote our constitution, which stated they would never stop spreading freedom. I don't see freedom being spread, just like the Indians didn't see, nor did the Mexicans. They saw a group of white, aristicrat, capitialists that were greedy and harbored secrets.

Could the secret be that they never intended to spread freedom, but spread their control, in the disguise of freedom. It is easy to complete this disception when their is so much atrocity in the world. Until we step up to the plate and start putting out country's reputation and future into the minds of the conventional wisdom we will remain at their disposal.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
We treated the Nazis good so they would treat our men they had prisoner good in return.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Jettsetter. how would they ever know that we were treating them good? The reason they treated them so well was that they wouldn't scream about them vilating the geneva convention by training them on american democracy.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
AAC, you'd better go and do a bit more reading, see how the Japanese treated our guys, how they used deception (play wounded so that the compassionate GI would come close enough to get a face full of grenade), and how they slaughtered so many of their neighbors.

While you are at it, if you want to be a realist, you might take note of the fact that we rebuilt their nation, helped them become our competitors and later our allies. While you're at it, you might ought to realize that having their "god" revealed to be a man was important so he or his successor wouldn't lead the people into another war.

No hipocracy here, just a little confusion that will be clarified by more reading.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Judgecrown

I am well aware of the attrocities of Japanese history with pow's. That is however not my point. Does that make it okay for you? Are we supposed to be a civilized nation? We are however the biggest backstabbing hypocrites. Remember to the indians? Hey are you cold? Take some blankets laced with typhoid fever?

top topics

join