It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Run Amuk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It would appear our government no longer considers the public good when making decisions supposedly in our behalf. IMO, this would appear to be a conspiracy to obtain and keep power to be used for their own nefarious purposes. We still have the power to vote, but for how long?

As the situation stands today, do we have the power to defend ourselves against government actions, or are we pretty much screwed and should think about moving abroad?

Would voting the whole lot out on their ear actually do any good, or is the government too far gone in it's corruption?

What, in your opinion, is the government's next move against us?

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Wing, you have posted a lot on, you-know-what, and I think you know a lot. All I can say is fight the power man, but some people are just not ready to hear any of it. Sometimes it seems pointless to even try right?

But it is all worth it when you can open the eyes of just one person ehh? I just want you to know that there are MANY on your side. "Im not the only OOONNNNNEEEEE! No I'm not the only OOONNNNNEEEE! Who walks between the WRAITH there are MANY!" -Mudvayne

Peace and Love, Zakk

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
What country are you in?

Why would we ever lose the vote when you can just control people with simple propaganda? Democracy is a tyrant's friend because he can use the uneducated masses and claim a mandate.

People who think the government are out to get them, or the general populous have no idea who much easier it is to rule by lies than rule by fist.

Tyrants are the people who convince the majority...because in the end, most people aren't that bright or able to fight propaganda and simple psycho programming.

Fight them? HA! You alreay lost and the majority is on thier side.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
What, in your opinion, is the government's next move against us?

Can I just point out that this go's alot further than the government...I ask only one question............Where do they get the funding from?????

Check out this thread:
Lets pop the bubble of Ignorance....

ed to pare down quote of entire post

[edit on 24-6-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Tyrants are the people who convince the majority...because in the end, most people aren't that bright or able to fight propaganda and simple psycho programming.

Fight them? HA! You alreay lost and the majority is on thier side.

The advantage of a democracy is that you can change the opinion of the majority when the acts of government are egregious enough.

Even if the majority believes - should I be a sheep?

If one has the capability of seeing the big picture, then it is our civil obligation to speak openly about corruption and government malfeasance. That is a REQUIREMENT of all citizens of the democracy or democracy can't work and inevitably becomes some other form of government. In this case, fascism.

I prefer the first solution - to speak out and vote the scum sucking slime out of office.

ed to pare down quote of entire post

[edit on 24-6-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
they are all out for themselves, and now its all about the one world governmetn and new world order...the illuminati agenda, and they own all the media...so we see what they want us to see...UGH

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think the American Government is corrupt in that the sponsors who pay for the election of your President expect some kind of reward after.When you think about it Capitalism is just as bad as Communism in being corrupt. Perhaps one day someone who is not corrupted by money will lead us.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
I think the American Government is corrupt in that the sponsors who pay for the election of your President expect some kind of reward after.When you think about it Capitalism is just as bad as Communism in being corrupt. Perhaps one day someone who is not corrupted by money will lead us.

And the banks fund both, Capitalism and communism.......There is no getting away from banks. Even in a democracy they still rule.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
It appears all governments are running amok these days....seriously, people should know their enemy....its not americans, ruskies, chinese, muslims, pigmis....its the corrupt politicians running this "going nowhere fast" civilization.

new topics

top topics

join