It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Way of the Universe?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Odd

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
while we're on the subject, how can we be sure that there is only one universe?

after all, how many naturally occuring phenomena occur only once?

perhaps there are uncounted billions of them, popping into and out of existence as often as humans are born and die.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Darkpro, Don't let these intellectually constipated types discourage you from thinking any type of theory you and your friends can dream up. This type of mental exercise may eventually lead to the "big one"

Why some people feel the need to put others down for "thinking" is beyond me. Maybe they aren't as convinced of their own theories as they would like us to believe.

The arrogance to think that our physics is the way the universe operates never ceaces to amaze me. In the grand scheme of things we haven't been out of the trees that long. As our social evolution so aptly demonstrates.

Cosmologically speaking; not only do we not understand how the universe operates; if some advanced race told us it would be like explaining the rules of poker to a pig.

So Darkpro mentally masterbate until you go blind.

[edit on 10-7-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I think we all agree that it's great for him to think Whaaa, its just that the concept of the 'Big Crunch' has been basically trashed ever since the universe was found to be accelerating it's expansion.

Keep up the good thinking Darkpr0
. By the way, I found the link, but it's from National Geographic and there's no 'subscribers only' section that would allow me to copy and paste, or let you read the material. Take a look at this picture though, it explains the 'bubble', or budding theory I was talking about earlier:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by zhangmaster
Keep up the good thinking Darkpr0
. By the way, I found the link, but it's from National Geographic and there's no 'subscribers only' section that would allow me to copy and paste, or let you read the material. Take a look at this picture though, it explains the 'bubble', or budding theory I was talking about earlier

I believe you are referring to "M-Theory" a branch of string theory. Googling M-Theory along with the "big bang" or "universe creation" or some such similar terms should result in many links that would help enlighten one on this mathematically elegant but (so far) untestable theory.

Harte

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yes, that sounds about right. I've heard it called the budding theory before, but I think it's from the M-Theory ('M' is also said to possibly stand for 'membrane' anyway, right?). I know I got the very basic concepts right according to a variation of the theory but wasn't completely sure about the name.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zhangmaster
Yes, that sounds about right. I've heard it called the budding theory before, but I think it's from the M-Theory ('M' is also said to possibly stand for 'membrane' anyway, right?). I know I got the very basic concepts right according to a variation of the theory but wasn't completely sure about the name.
If you read The Universe in a Nutshell by Steven Hawking, he says he dosnt really know why its called M-theory. He said you can refer to it as the "membrane theory" or "mother-of-all theories", but not one is correct or incorrect cause its just kind of a made up name.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join