It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Board in Decline...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
mOjOm

Well, I would gladly form a mutual admiration society with you, but I can't tell from this angle what sort of sheep you are, or whether you should be shorn, milked or turned towards Mecca for a couple of seconds that won't hurt a bit.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
mOjOm

Well, I would gladly form a mutual admiration society with you, but I can't tell from this angle what sort of sheep you are, or whether you should be shorn, milked or turned towards Mecca for a couple of seconds that won't hurt a bit.

Admiration Society??? Don't flatter yourself too much, I don't remember anything along those lines. Your clever remark about the sheeple variety was witty and so I figured I'd comment, but I think you're still far from even securing an alternate spot on Star Search let alone a Society Fanbase.

As far as the label you finally settle on for me, that's up to you and your need to limit the potential of what others may actually be.

In the future I'll remember to keep my comments appreciating your humor to myself so as not to inspire such delusions of grandure.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Label: Black Romney ewe

(Romneys are dual purpose, and I am utilitarian).

J/K.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Label: Black Romney ewe

(Romneys are dual purpose, and I am utilitarian).

J/K.

I just hope your extensive knowledge of sheep comes from living or working on a farm.

Otherwise such knowledge makes me wonder about the quality of your social life!!!

J/K

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Or the huge storehouse of trivial knowledge that exists in my head, or my dictionary.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So, MA, you are basically the Cliff Clavin of ATS...correct?

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This is true...I just hope you're using those mental powers in constructive ways.

There have been far too many Great Minds that in the end only amounted to being "Mental"!

I had to look up what a Romney ewe was just to understand your joke. Kinda pathetic choice and falls much to short in representing my classic handsomness too!
Also neglects to account for my incredibly stubborn hard head and willingness to smash skulls in the traditional Aries fashion.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
mOjOm

My sanity is beyond reproach. Usually.

I agree, a self-analysis is far more useful than accepting some other person's worthless label. I hope you are a breeding ram. At least we both know what kind of sheep we are now.

Valhall

Trivia is as inconsequential to me as is the ultimate destiny of the useless incumbent self-proclaimed autocrat 'president'.

Never watched Cheers in my life.

Back to grazing, Rambouillet. But always watch for double negatives or the twisted simile, they get stuck in your teeth.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Valhall

Trivia is as inconsequential to me as is the ultimate destiny of the useless incumbent self-proclaimed autocrat 'president'.

Never watched Cheers in my life.

Back to grazing, Rambouillet. But always watch for double negatives or the twisted simile, they get stuck in your teeth.

I don't know nothin' 'bout what your talkin' 'bout, mister.

Valhall walks away shaking her head and pickin' her teeth with a wheat stalk.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Please dont talk about the board being indecline cos its not.There is 1 thing that is in decline tho and it is our World in various ways,pollution,terrorism,finance etc etc.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Please dont talk about the board being indecline cos its not.There is 1 thing that is in decline tho and it is our World in various ways,pollution,terrorism,finance etc etc.

Exactly. The problem is that more and more people are getting computers, so of course more and more idiots gets on the net, thus, increasing the number of idiots in the netizen community. But thoses idiots were already in the outside community. The decline is due to the fact more of them gets on the net, and, unfortunatly, more of them starts to visit ATS.

oui

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

Well, now I'm not all to sure if both of you took the time to read my post all the way through... or maybe you just misunderstood...

I was complementing the board, and its members...

I posted:
it always ends up in the same way...

Better than before, with even more, interesting, and knowledgable members to this community.

If that isn't a compliment, I sure as heck don't know what one is then...

Better than before, sure does not indicate a decline... To become better would be an improvement... which is not decline...

Thanks...

`Peace, Love, and Happiness, to all beings.

[Edited on 18-8-2003 by oui]

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Drunk, I am no fan of this board and it has been in decline ever since more moderators were added. I should be banned for what I did to ATS. I only go here when I am truly bored. You should go to HC and torment JK and cottagers. It is juvenile, but at least you can swear and not get a "red card" after your first post in 2 weeks.

While I am at it, what lawyer is ATS using to advise on copyrights. LOL.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
oui

On a scientific (statistical, horrible though that may be) basis, the spectrum of general abilities in evidence in the past few months has widened, and it's not on a Bell curve. The average (statistical, meaningless though that may be) level has dropped.

morbid has a really good handle on that.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freddie
Drunk, I am no fan of this board and it has been in decline ever since more moderators were added. I should be banned for what I did to ATS. I only go here when I am truly bored. You should go to HC and torment JK and cottagers. It is juvenile, but at least you can swear and not get a "red card" after your first post in 2 weeks.

While I am at it, what lawyer is ATS using to advise on copyrights. LOL.

Freddie...no you shouldn't be banned. I'm glad you're back for one.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, thanks, VH. I take that as an apology for what you posted. I only mean the best and I am confident that you only mean the best as well. Take care of your haunted house!

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hey Grozny! I'm glad you came back! It's good to hear from you!

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hiya Oui. Even though this is my first time meeting you, Welcome Back!

William - Glad to see you changed your avatar back to the Big Lebowski. I love that one!

MA - You, my friend, are certifiable. But still one of the most intelligible people I know.

Valhall - I must say...you are not rotund at all. Your actualy a pretty cool girl.

Figured I would get all that out in one shot, lol.

As far as the board goes, I think it's actualy getting better as of late. Starting to come together in alot of ways, but there will ALWAYS be a few dissenters and a-holes. Pretty much a fact of life, I think.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesLimelight

As far as the board goes, I think it's actualy getting better as of late. Starting to come together in alot of ways, but there will ALWAYS be a few dissenters and a-holes. Pretty much a fact of life, I think.

But enough talk about me.

Nice to meet you as well OUI.
I dont see this board in any decline.
Its the sanest bunch of wackos on the earth!
I think its all in the mind. You perceive this
website the way you want too.
Get from it what you will.

I think its Awesome!

Mark

[Edited on 19-8-2003 by MarkosOrrealus]

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I have to be honest that I'm posting on this thread simply because it gave me the chance to see the chicken.

Other than that. I think we're okie-dokie, which is, of course, the plural of okum-dokum.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join