It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Massive Crack Opens Up In Claude Texas.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I read a few years ago and when I can remember the source I will post it ASAP. There were some concerns after the last rocker in Cal. that a new fault had be discovered in the American Midwest that posed a threat to the middle part of our country. The article in question stated that it would or have the capability to divide our country into two different sections and that there was some reasonable chance that in the next 30 or 40 yrs. could. I wonder if anyone else has or can recall seeing this. Like I said as soon I find it consider it posted.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
quote: Originally posted by JRex
Claude is located in "Cowboy Country". It is about 40 miles southeast of Amarillo. FYI the movie "Hud" staring Paul Newman, Patricia Neal, Melvin Douglas, and Brandon de Wilde was filmed there in 1962.

With Amarillo, it shares what I've discovered to be the worst weather in the country...dust storms, ice storms, wind storms and snow storms...great people there though

JRex - yeah, Amarillo's bizarre weather - it's like a geographic anomaly.

One of my favorite cartoons ever showed two rig hands on a platform in the North Sea. They've got icicles hanging off their faces down to their chests. One says to the other - "If it's this cold here, just imagine what it's like in Amarillo!"

LOL!

Thanks Valhall...I left on business immidiately after making that post this morning. It's pretty country but horrible weather...lol. Were you aware that Amarillo is also the helium capital of the world?

Also: regarding the town of Claude and movies; I believe the final scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark was also filmed in that same town or at least in Armstrong county. If that is inaccurate I welcome and appreciate any comments or corrections

Best regards.....

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
I read a few years ago and when I can remember the source I will post it ASAP. There were some concerns after the last rocker in Cal. that a new fault had be discovered in the American Midwest that posed a threat to the middle part of our country. The article in question stated that it would or have the capability to divide our country into two different sections and that there was some reasonable chance that in the next 30 or 40 yrs. could. I wonder if anyone else has or can recall seeing this. Like I said as soon I find it consider it posted.

You're talking about the New Madrid fault in Missouri. Back in 1810-12 it was the source of one of the strongest quakes ever to hit North America and it appears to be accumulating stress again today.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
It doesn't look like "Raiders of the Lost Ark" was filmed anywhere in Texas.

Filming Locations for
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)

Bushey, Hertfordshire, England, UK

EMI Elstree Studios, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, England, UK
(studio)

France

Kaua`i, Hawaii, USA

La Pellice, La Rochelle, Charente-Maritime, France

Sousse, Tunisia

Tunisia

University of the Pacific, Stockton, California, USA

www.imdb.com...

[edit on 2005/6/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
See if this works. broadcast.organicframework.com...

Roper

It worked. It has a video commercial in front of the crack video.

I thought I just heard on the news that Bush's support was starting to see some serious cracks. Maybe somebody upstairs does have a sense of humor cracking up Bush's home state.

I am left wondering though exactly how long is this crack? I'm glad it's not in my backyard.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
it does not look like texas....Oh wait thats just oprah picking something off the ground

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
[edit on 25-6-2005 by redhat]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Were sure its not just a plumber asleep on the job?

Anyways humor aside, that is cool, I had a science teacher who would go ecstatic about this kind of thing, but thats going off topic, maybe oil will come out of it.

If I lived there I'd be a little worried, and I'd definately move if another one appeared.

[edit on 6/25/2005 by iori_komei]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Maybe God got fed up with the "Don't mess with Texas" signs that are posted all over the State and decided to give Texans a little warning!

This giant crack is very interesting. I'm curious to see if additional cracks will start to appear. Kind of creepy IMHO.

FYI and totally off topic, I believe that Florida replaced the term crack (in reference to parts of the body) with 'anal cleft' when they were passing, or trying to pass, a law making it illegal to expose 'anal cleft' on the beaches.

Jemison

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Actually a scene, I think it was the closing one, INDIANA JONES LAST CRUSADE was filmed in the Palo Duro canyon which is approx. 12 miles south of Claude, check the credits of the last Jones movie, it states Amarillo Texas. I know the guy that was riding the horse into the sunset...

www.imdb.com...

other movies, HUD and Sunshine Christmas

top topics

<< 1   >>

join