It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 employee speaks out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
All of these claims come from Fouch'e and Brad Steiger's science fiction book "Alien Rapture".

Amazon.com reviews of Alien Rapture.

I don't know how much of his claims have been debunked but I can say for sure that many UFO sites on the web have taken exerpts of the book and site them as "proof". In actuallity Mr. Fouche originally claimed that the "secret" information was passed to him by sources that "wish to remain anonymous". More recent claims by the websites touting him seem to suggest that he was directly involved with the "secret" programs.

How does one go from science fiction author to "a-51 employee speaking out"? I wasn't trying to debunk or bad mouth Mr. Fouche's claims but if you google or yahoo search his name you can find alot of info.

I guess you have to decide for yourself on this one. I think it's bogus, I think it was a fiction novel that got a cult following and then went seriously astray. But hey it's just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Well, Fouché is an author of a (rather poorly written, IMO) science fiction book, and did not, AFAIK, work at Groom. Part of the stuff that you see indicates that the person who wrote it has an active imagination but not much technical knowledge.

For example, he claims that the SR-75 flies at an altitude of 13,000 meters, which is only 42, 650 feet. The U-2, using 1950’s technology, flew much higher than that, and the SR-71 flew even higher. An aircraft flying at the altitude claimed by Fouché , even at its purported speed, would be an easy target for modern SAMs.

Another error is that the so-called Scramp “…is used to place small satellites in orbit and can “…attain speeds of Mach 15, or just under 10,000 kmph ….” 10,000 km/hr is equivalent to 2778 m/sec or 6,214 mi/hr, and yet orbital velocity is about 7800 m/sec or about 17,500 mi/hr. In other words, the Scramp simply can’t go fast enough to do what Fouché claims it can.

Fouché is able to get away with his stuff because most of his readers don’t know much basic physics, but sooner or later, someone with a technical education reads his stuff and debunks it.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join