It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is there a area 52?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
i was talking to a friend and he says that he found somthing about area 52 and that area 51 is a divergin for area 52 where they do most of the stuff with planes

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I no nothing about an area 52.

I can tell you that the local residents of Green River Utah, call the White Sands missle launching base that is outside of town Area 51&1/2.......several years ago the Military came in and refurbished the abandonded site, new wide roads, new fences. Lots of black helicopter (silent ones) action around there now.

The tiny local airport was suddenly repaved and extended to acomodate HUGE carrier/cargo planes now........who knows whats up there?
Popular Mechanics had this very topic as the cover story in the June 1997 issue. Calling Green River the NEW Area 51......I was living there at the time this all was going on, and it seriously gave me the creeps. Put the house up for sale and moved away from there. I still have a bunch of VCR video tapes of helicopters, LOW flying jets and I mean REALLY LOW, thought they were going to tear off my roof! Video of trains stopping and military types unloading all kinds of giant weird stuff onto military transport......and then there they go, headed of toward the supposedly CLOSED down missle launching range......Bad joo joo around there.

I painted some murals on abondonded buildings
showing red rock cliffs and silver discs in the sky. The murals are still there......but I am not.
I got the heck out of Area 51 and a half!

[edit on 23-6-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I think the TTR (Tonopah Test Range) is known as "area 52"

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
could i barrow some of thows movies? research perposes

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
area 51 isnt actually its official name is it? its just groom lake AFB. or whatever, i think area 51 is a name given to it by normal people like us, so really you cant say there is an area 52, unless it is some place we call area 52, but i may be totally wrong i cant remeber

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The nevada test range was originally divided into various zones, all given numbers. It just happens that the Groom Lake area was developed within Area 51. It all stemed from when the area was used for nuclear testing in the 40/50's. I've got a map somewhere showing all the speciaf area numbers I'll try and find it.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
never heard of anything about area 52 or anything like that but it might exist somewhere

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
... some1 mentioned area 52 in a movie called loney toones back in action

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Can point you to a whole list of Secret Bases as well as a description of each, search the Web:

Check: Alien Astronomer - Top Secret Military Bases.

Dallas

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
"Area 52" is the Tonopah Test Range as Shadow Man pointed out. This is a designation that was realised in a DoE internal telephone manual back in the 90's.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
"Area 52" is the Tonopah Test Range as Shadow Man pointed out. This is a designation that was realised in a DoE internal telephone manual back in the 90's.

Ok! I though TTR was Area 30. If Tonapah is Area 52, where is Area 30?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Area51 might be a diversion, who knows. I just know that they aren't keeping aliens there now. Oh well, it's part of pop culture, and it's synonomous with UFO's now.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
If Tonapah is Area 52, where is Area 30?

I dont think a "area 30" exists ghost.. thats the first time ive heard of it..

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I can not stress the absolute ease and usefulness of Google!

Just do an image search on the Nevada Test Site, you will get a return of quite a few maps showing the grid layouts including the different numbered areas.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by fellowconspire
i was talking to a friend and he says that he found somthing about area 52 and that area 51 is a divergin for area 52 where they do most of the stuff with planes

Maybe some more information you could get from your friend, a source? I haven't heard of an Area 52 before but their could well be somewhere, the world is a big place.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
I dont think a "area 30" exists ghost.. thats the first time ive heard of it..

Thanks! I saw the term Area 30 in a book on the F-117 Nighthawk. Maybe it was Disinformation or a misprint!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
Thanks! I saw the term Area 30 in a book on the F-117 Nighthawk. Maybe it was Disinformation or a misprint!

No problem
The term might of actually meant area 51 but said area 30 for some reason. Thats all i can think of..

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Yeah, Area 52 is in Camp Pendleton. Everyone knows that this secret base is home to the 1st Marine Regiment.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Area 52 is Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah. More stuff happens there than Nellis, Edwards, and Wright-Patterson combined. Trust me, I used to live there.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I see this ancient, and largely worthless, thread has been revived because those yahoos on "UFO Hunters" decided to call Dugway "Area 52." What a great way to spread disinformation.

Tonopah Test Range was designated Area 52. This was confirmed years ago in a Department of Energy (Nevada Operations) phone directory.

The Groom Lake facility, originally named Watertown Airstrip, was officially re-designated as Area 51 in 1958 when the land surrounding the base was legally withdrawn from public use and added to the Nevada Test Site. After the Air Force Flight Test Center took responsibility for the base in the late 1970s, the term Area 51 was no longer used, replaced instead by Det. 3, AFFTC.

All the stories about operations moving from Groom Lake to places like Green River or Dugway are myths started by Popular Mechanics editor Jim Wilson in the late 1990s and perpetuated by various cheesy television programs that pretend to be documentaries but are really just "for entertainment purposes only."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join