It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the prisnors at Gitmo kept alive?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Can you imagine if these people were around during WWII?
Man all those hundreds of thousands of lawyers to defend the POW’s people dividing the country in times of war, all of those protest to denounce the flame thrower all of those protest complaining about fire bombings and the nukes. Large scale bombings being stopped because of protest and complaints against our government.
We would have never won WWII, we would be speaking either German or Japanese. But because everything that was necessary was done no matter how harsh, the war was won and rather quickly. How can we expect to win this war on terror if we tie up our own hands?!

Just so we are all clear on here, you are comparing the Iraq population and military might with that of Nazi Germany?

Maybe the reason people are in disagreement with this is becuase it is the typical david vs goalith thing, with one nation being so clearly bigger, stronger than the other. In WW2 there was a very clear and real threat to the entire world - still it took how many years for the US to join the comman fight? but I digress - in Iraq there were only rumours, flawed intelligence and obviously slanted logic. Maybe, just maybe that is the difference..

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CTID56092
An idiotic and shameful post.

Remember this post next time you're bleating about seeing your dead on TV / wondering why there's so many of them. I don't expect you to get the point but maybe a nurse or someone can help you try and see the implications of your prejudice

Why not kill the disabled too eh? gays, unemployed, brown people, mexicans? Ginger people, lefties, long-hairs? All muslims, jews, catholics, short people?

If I were American I'd be ashamed of being associated with you.

As a human being I'm ashamed of being associated with you.

I'm sure the terrorists at gitmo would have no problem killing you and you entire family. They will not quit until every "infidel is dead) that means everyone who is not muslim. Heck they kill muslims on a daily basis in iraq. Its not the conservitives trying to kill the old, weak,unborn, and disabled its the ultra left traitor.

(like you)

THE TERRORISTS ARE ASHAMED OF BEING "associated" with YOU and WILL DO SOMETHING ABOUT YOU "being"

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Wow, Iraq, which posed no threat, had no WMDs, or army, or airforce, or navy, no way to attack anyone, and Nazi Germany/Hirohito Japan.

Several differences........
Japan attacked us, Iraq didn't.
Germany attacked Allies, Iraq didn't.
Germany/Japan were a real threat to the planet, Iraq wasn't.
We were on equal grounds with the enemies in WWII, Iraq is well, underground compared to us.
Germany/Japan had real soldiers, Iraq is just people defending against the US Invaders that have been caught a billion times torturing/killing innocent men women and children.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
That pancake is affecting your brain. There have not been "billions" of examples and Iraq did invade an ally.....Kwait. It is amazing that people tend to ignore the many violations of the gulf-war cease fire agreement. Which regardless of bad, and I mean BAD, info (which by the way was provided by France, Russia and Britian), the US had the right to restart hostilities.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

he terrorist at gitmo complain constantly of koran abuse (they were trained to).

This is absurd, i suppose it's not possible that the koran was actually abused?!

www.foxnews.com... (Yeah...i know)

Iraq did invade an ally.....Kwait.

I thought they were just neighbors and not actually allies.

I thought they were deemed "Enemy Combatants" and as such can be detained pretty much for as long as is needed and dont have a right to a lawyer etc etc.
So I'd assume by this reasoning they wouldn't need a trial because they are already in prison.

Not all the people in Gitmo are guilty, or terrorists. The warlords in Afghanistan were payed to help get the terrorists, obviously they would want to make some more cash, even if they had to throw some innocent people into the pile.

[edit on 24-6-2005 by Ponderosa]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
As much fun as a post like this can be (man Id like to chime in), this is a fight waiting to happen. Pharm at the very least. Nothing good can from this post.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman
That pancake is affecting your brain. There have not been "billions" of examples and Iraq did invade an ally.....Kwait.

You're absolutely right, Kuwait was such a strong allie to the US that a US representative had explicitly warned Saddam:

Originally spoken by US embassador April Glaspie:
We have no opinion on your Arab - Arab conflicts, such as your dispute with Kuwait. Secretary (of State James) Baker has directed me to emphasize the instruction, first given to Iraq in the 1960's, that the Kuwait issue is not associated with America. (Saddam smiles)

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I agree. Kill them and ship the bodies to Ted Kennedy.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hang the whole stinkin bunch. I could give a RATS-A** about world opinion anymore. I wonder if theres a tree big enough for a hanging at Guantamamo Bay?

Maximu§

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

One questions why the U.S is doing so much to accomadate the needs of prisnors at gitmo

Because they are not prisoners, they are detainees, and they have not all been found to be guilty of what they are accused of. The governement isn't using a civilian system to charge them and investigate them, so issueing death is highly questionable, it doesn't matter that the enemy is savage and uncivilized.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Over 156 people in Gitmo have been released, anyone calling for their murder, are plotting murder of innocent people and should be aprhended before they deem thier nieghbors of chidlren worth of capital punishment.

THIS MEANS YOU, every last one of you racist dogs.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
No - make it look like a humanitarian effort - "USA agrees to release all prisoners to their home country and will load them on a commercial vessel for the trip". Load them on a boat to go back home, have a sub surface at night to remove the crew and have the ship be "lost at sea" with "no survivors".... Do it in stormy weather and end of problem...

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I agree. Kill them and ship the bodies to Ted Kennedy.

We should move you next door, we've seen how well that works out.

Perhaps you shouldn't be calling for the death of anyone, especially hundreds of people, given your history with violence and firearms.

It might be misconstrued.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Hang the whole stinkin bunch. I could give a RATS-A** about world opinion anymore. I wonder if theres a tree big enough for a hanging at Guantamamo Bay?

Maximu§

Lynching?

And you're not even ashamed to admit it. Anyone else on the short list? In danger of getting the rope? I certainly wouldn't encourage anyone to be "uppity" around you.

This entire sickening thread is like a recruiting drive for Stormfront.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735
And you're not even ashamed to admit it.

Nope, Hang em high. Right in front of the UN building.

Maximu§

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735
And you're not even ashamed to admit it.

Nope, Hang em high. Right in front of the UN building.

Maximu§

I think CONTEXT might be something you're new at.

Shamefully, we used to lynch people in this country, from the "biggest trees" as you so delicately stated, and it wasn't exactly the most enjoyable of American flashbacks.

Well, some people enjoyed it.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
brimstone, its obvious your trying to get me angry here. Im not some right-wing whacko that loves to see people hang, but I do beleive in American Justice.

Most of the scum at GB were caught red-handed ether fighting our boys or supporting the terrorists and they should be hung by the neck until they die.

Thats what we Americans did to murderers and criminals back in the wild-wild-west and it worked very well. If we want to hang those Arabs high....we're gonna and theres not a damn thing anyone is gonna do about it.

So go ahead and throw yourself on the floor screaming and crying...run out in the streets with a burning American flag......those punks are still gonna die. They chose the wrong MFers to pick a fight with.

Maximu§

[edit on 043030p://555 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Except that, because we've never seen any charges, we don't know who was caught red-handed, who was caught in the same vicinity (wrong place at wrong time, anyone? Like that's never happened in the US, right?), you name it.

Spose that doesn't matter to some though, does it?

And there we were thinking it was "innocent until proven guilty".

[edit on 24-6-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The detainees at Gitmo are guilty of nothing, until they have been formally charged and/or designated POW status. To date, most of them have been neither.

Most of them are, as Rumsfeld helpfully pointed out, "bad guys," but we live in a nation of laws and these laws must be followed to protect us all from the types of people who would kill (or torture) first and ask questions later.

However, if you wanted to see things through Bush-o-vision, you could also argue that these people aren't dead yet because they have (supposedly still valid after 3 years) crucial intelligence that we, for some strange reason, still haven't interrogated out of them.

-koji K.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

brimstone, its obvious your trying to get me angry here. Im not some right-wing whacko that loves to see people hang, but I do beleive in American Justice.

Denial is the first sign of an illness

Most of the scum at GB were caught red-handed ether fighting our boys or supporting the terrorists and they should be hung by the neck until they die.

You have any proof at all? Were you there? Do you know any of them?
I'm positive the answer is no to all three questions.

Thats what we Americans did to murderers and criminals back in the wild-wild-west and it worked very well. If we want to hang those Arabs high....we're gonna and theres not a damn thing anyone is gonna do about it.

Who is WE, I'd rather see every last America like you who spouts the desire to kill people they know nothing about hanged first. And I'm American, maybe I live next door to you, maybe I have some rope. So you can cut the we stuff out and just say "us red neck ignorant bigots", you know and be more honest.

So go ahead and throw yourself on the floor screaming and crying...run out in the streets with a burning American flag......those punks are still gonna die.

WRONG AGAIN, 156 have not been hanged, they have been released

They chose the wrong MFers to pick a fight with.

I'll pay for your airfare, and bribe the guards so you can get in a room with anyone of those guys, and see if you survive the fight. You are All mouth and its full of horse crap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join