It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Sues NASA Over Deep Impact Mission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

When NASA's Deep Impact spacecraft hurls a barrel-size probe at a comet millions of miles from Earth on July 4, Marina Bai of Moscow will take it very personally.

The 45-year-old mother of two is so upset about the space agency's scientific assault on the celestial body that she has taken the unusual step of suing NASA in Moscow courts. Her lawsuit seeks to block the launch of the probe and to recover $311 million in "moral" damages.

Bai, a self-published author and spiritualist, said that she couldn't sleep after watching a television report about the Deep Impact mission, which is led by a team of astronomers at the University of Maryland, when it was launched Jan. 12.

"Somewhere deep inside me a voice told me the whole mission had to be stopped," she said in an interview yesterday. "I fear that it could have an impact on all humanity."

In court papers, Bai asserts that Deep Impact will "infringe upon my system of spiritual and life values, in particular on the values of every element of creation, upon the unacceptability of barbarically interfering with the natural life of the universe, and the violation of the natural balance of the universe."

How on Earth can this woman sue NASA for this?

It just proves that you can sue for just about anything these days!

Mic

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It would be funny if the universe had a sense or irony and later in the future she would be struck by a meterorite or something

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
True you can sue anyone for anything these days. Well the world is driven by money so something like this was not much of a shock to me.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
BAH! I could've sworn this was posted plenty of times, I just can't find it. At any rate, link please!

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It was posted before but it has been moved to ATSNN here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 23-6-2005 by BlackJackal]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
does this mean i can sue the Russian Govt for hurting my feelings and destroying my spiritual life because they did not make me the King of Asia like i so rightfully am?

i think 2 billion $ US can solve my grief....

ill share some of it with all of you ATSers and Ill donate at least 500million to ATS as long as i have oversight of the spending

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It's totally bogus. If her claim is valid then so is mine saying she's doing the exact same. In fact, humanity is doing the same, and I demand they either kill themselves or leave the planet.

Stupid. She's not a leg to stand on.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Maybe someone should sue russian for using the moon as a ICBM target for thier "Luna" probes. Those things didn't land softly

Just think of all the lunatics up in arms over that one

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Is that a little jealousy im hearing from her??
Pride is a very strong feeling, sometimes it can make you go to the extreme.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Oh for crying out loud, why did this even make it to the court systems?

I could easily counter her with her infringing upon my belief that the probe should hit the comet.

If I was the russian gov. I'd put her in a loony bin.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
In court papers, Bai asserts that Deep Impact will "infringe upon my system of spiritual and life values, in particular on the values of every element of creation, upon the unacceptability of barbarically interfering with the natural life of the universe, and the violation of the natural balance of the universe."

Every element of creation, except Mankind apparently. Is Man not a naturally occuring element of creation?

Interfereing with the Natural Life of the Universe? In that case, I hope she's already sued Moscow, over the highways they've built her to drive around on, the buildings she has to live in, the plumbing that brings water to her home, the clothesmakers who have given her things to wear... surely these are all unnatural perversions which interfere with the Natural Life of the Universe...

Also, could she please define "The Natural Balance of the Universe", and prove such a thing's existence?

top topics

join