It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Sues NASA Over Deep Impact Mission (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
45-year-old mother of two Marina Bai of Moscow is to sue NASA over the Deep Impact mission which she says will, "infringe upon my system of spiritual and life values, in particular on the values of every element of creation, upon the unacceptability of barbarically interfering with the natural life of the universe, and the violation of the natural balance of the universe." She hopes to stop the mission and claim $311,000,000 in damages.

Link
Bai, a self-published author and spiritualist, said that she couldn't sleep after watching a television report about the Deep Impact mission, which is led by a team of astronomers at the University of Maryland, when it was launched Jan. 12.

"Somewhere deep inside me a voice told me the whole mission had to be stopped," she said in an interview yesterday. "I fear that it could have an impact on all humanity."

Dolores Beasley, a spokeswoman for NASA, said it would be "inappropriate" to comment.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What kind of drugs is this woman on???

How can she sue NASA for harming a comet?

This whole story is laugable!

Link To ATS Disscusion!!!

[edit on 23/6/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I've seen american citizens sue over less and win actualy.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Honestly though, the woman has a good point, that comet has been around for eons, and it belongs to the cosmos. Man gets up there, and the first thing we do is start blowing things up. Yeah it's pretty crazy to sue NASA, but then again they told Sitting Bull roughly the same thing.
I can kind of see her point, but 311,000,000? Good luck lady, they wouldn't give that much money to the 911 victim's families, and Bush pulled us out of the international courts to keep the noose off his neck in other affairs.
It would be kind of like filling in the grand canyon because somebody might fall in it someday, IMO.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
We aren't going to "blow it up". the mission is to cause an impact that will shoot debris off the comet, which will be analyzed. The comet will remain intact and keep going on its merry way.

new topics

top topics

join