It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark energy and Dark matter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I was watching discovery channel last night and was intrested to find out (news to me anyhows) about some geezer who was mapping the universe, in his experiments he was trying to find out the weight of the universe

In doing so concluded that the universe was full off dark matter and dark energy, im no expert but surley this could be exactly what we need!

Shouldnt we be putting more resourse (as a planet) into maybe finding aletrnate energy in space its self, it must be teaming with all sorts of energys and new metals, gases etc!

At the end of the day its the only way to go i reckon and if we find life too lets hope they like us!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Old old news. We've found evidence of tons of dark matter all over. In fact, it's about 70% of our universe iirc.

We just can't see it because once we do it's no longer DM.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Dark Matter is matter that hasn't been accounted for by scientists, i.e., its not in stars or other objects that scientists know about.

Some of it may be trans-dimensional gravity, but probably most of it is just rocks or gas giants or dust that has not yet been verified to exist.

join