It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

NEWS: Dems Say Rove Should Apologize or Resign Over Liberal Slur

page: 4
0
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
.
Liberal - NOT a religious barbarian

against slavery
against selling your daughter into slavery
believe that sensible low interest loans are good for business and the world economy, even if the bible says otherwise
against stoning a young bride to death because she doesn't happen to be a virgin
against stoning someone who commits adultery to death


What in the world are you talking about?....

You think Republicans are in favor of slavery?.... Islamic extremists do most of what you mentioned above, Republicans don't believe that crap....


Originally posted by slank
Muaddib,
a little clue
If you want America to become a barbarian state like most in the middle east then by all means be a religious reactionary [while calling yourself a conservative] and send us back to the Barbarian governments of the bible.
.


Barbarian state?....

For your information I am not a religious person....

One more thing, I was talking about Islamic extremists, you know, like the ones who have been attacking us, and other countries in the world for a long time.... the ones that attacked the US in 9/11... the ones that attacked Spain in 3/11.... and the ones that have been trying to attack other countries, including those european countries that were against the war in Iraq.




posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
.
Liberal - NOT a religious barbarian

against slavery
against selling your daughter into slavery
believe that sensible low interest loans are good for business and the world economy, even if the bible says otherwise
against stoning a young bride to death because she doesn't happen to be a virgin
against stoning someone who commits adultery to death

Muaddib,
a little clue
If you want America to become a barbarian state like most in the middle east then by all means be a religious reactionary [while calling yourself a conservative] and send us back to the Barbarian governments of the bible.
.


Barbarian governments of the Bible? Have you read the Bible lately? Also, the term barbarian in it's truest sense means that they are not of the Roman Empire. So yes we all are barbarians. Learn about what you are saying before you say it. Your posts are confusing and wholly misinterpetted many times. Please clarify.



posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
What in the world are you talking about?....

You think Republicans are in favor of slavery?.... Islamic extremists do most of what you mentioned above, Republicans don't believe that crap....

And heres me thinking we were talking about Republican slurs against Liberals. What in the world are YOU talking about Muaddib?

Why are Islamic extremists coming into this?

Is it too much to ask for you to stick to the topic, oh Tangential One?



posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Look, I know that you two differ politically, but i have to agree with subz on this: Please get back to the issue of politicians slinging mud and not about the WOT.



posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Who called American troops "nazis"? I think you'll find no one ever said that Muaddib. Stretching the truth will do you no favours in the long run.

An again with Iraq. Give it a rest Muaddib.

[edit on 27/6/05 by subz]


subz....are you going to tell me that we have not gotten people in these boards calling our troops nazis?.... we even had a "supposed" supermod describe Republicans also as Nazis...in ATSNN....and not to mention the rest of ATS, the same goes for some of the more liberal congressmen/women.

Yes subz...do give it a rest...



posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
.....................
Drop your partisanship please!

p.s. keep on topic Muaddib, the Iraq war has no place in this thread.

[edit on 23/6/05 by subz]


Ah... i see...and where is your response to Lecky for bringing Iraq and every issue he/she can think of?... if you want to solve a problem solve it from the root, the first person who went off tangent, which quite frequently is you subz...but in this case was someone else.

I can see your partisanship by not saying anything to Lecky, since you actually agree with her, and again claming it was me who started it all.

"Grow up" subz.

[edit on 28-6-2005 by Muaddib]



posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz

And heres me thinking we were talking about Republican slurs against Liberals. What in the world are YOU talking about Muaddib?

Why are Islamic extremists coming into this?

Is it too much to ask for you to stick to the topic, oh Tangential One?


Humm...can you tell me who in the world does the things that that slank was posting about?... who stones women for not being virgins, and who still have slaves?.....

Perhaps i should try another approach with you subz....my response was to someone else who posted here...not you subz....so perhaps you shouldn't be responding when people are not addressing you.



posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Either return to the subject you two or I will have this thread shut down.



posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAConrad0825
Either return to the subject you two or I will have this thread shut down.


In part you are right, although i am not certain any thread would be shut down. ATSNN is not what it used to be, and I don't see it going back to what it was.

So back on topic.... Rove shouldn't apologize for the truth.



posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
First, ATS has shut down threads b/c of situations like this.

Secondly, no one should ever apologize for what they say. If you said it you meant it and the damage cannot be taken back. Also, Rove has as much a right to say what he did as anyone here. Why should he be held to a higher standard and less of a freedom of speech?



posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAConrad0825
Either return to the subject you two or I will have this thread shut down.

Huh? I havent posted anything since asking him to return to the topic, which you agreed with. Since then he has posted 3 consecutive off topic posts and its "you two"?



posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I am trying to get the topic back on discussion however it has turned from a political debate to what the rules of ATS are. This place is going to crap. The rules are enforced only for those who whine the loudest and real news is ignored. People ignore the rules of debate and attack the poster and not the issue. I am personally debating whether to stay here or not. And people wonder why I am registered independent.



posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAConrad0825
I am trying to get the topic back on discussion however it has turned from a political debate to what the rules of ATS are. This place is going to crap. The rules are enforced only for those who whine the loudest and real news is ignored. People ignore the rules of debate and attack the poster and not the issue. I am personally debating whether to stay here or not. And people wonder why I am registered independent.

No qualms there just direct your anger at those going off topic in future




top topics



 
0
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join