It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Key Saudi Terrorist Killed In Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
One of Saudi Arabia's most wanted terrorists has been killed by US airstrikes in Iraq. Mohammed Rashid al-Roshoud was killed during fighting in Qaim, on the border with Syria. His death was announced on the internet by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the most notorious terrorist leader in Iraq.

www.usatoday.com
One of Saudi Arabia's most-wanted suspected terrorists was killed by a U.S. airstrike in northwestern Iraq, the leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq said, and two car bombs outside Shiite mosques in central Baghdad killed 15 and wounded 28 Thursday, police said.

Al-Roshoud slipped into Iraq in April, according to the posting, the authenticity of which could not be confirmed.

Al-Roshoud had been No. 24 on a list of the 26 most-wanted terrorist leaders put out by Saudi Arabia two years ago and was one of only three militants on the list still at large. He was one of the main theologians for al-Qaeda's network in Saudi Arabia, calling for a holy war against the Saudi royal family and Western interests in the Persian Gulf.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

One more down.....Lots more to go!

This can only be a good thing, shame he was killed and not captured though, now he cant suffer!

[edit on 23/6/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
And there will be someone to replace him right away... this will never end...

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Regardless of who died I dont think its appropriate on ATSNN for that kind of hooplah when some one is killed.

I could not stand Ronald Reagan but refrained from expressing how I felt on here about him when he died when others were exulting his name.

A little decorum please?

[edit on 23/6/05 by subz]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Maybe I'm sick, but I have no problem with dancing on the grave a mass murdering terrorist.

Party hearty and party on!

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

One of Saudi Arabia's most-wanted suspected terrorists was killed by a U.S. airstrike

Can I just suspect any of you revellers here of being a terrorist, air strike you, blow you into smitherines and then dance on your grave?

Hoorah for due process and the rule of law

[edit on 23/6/05 by subz]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Due process has nothing to with war. This is war, shoot first and ask questions later.

Treating terrorism as a crime problem rather than a war is what led to 9/11. Al-Qaeda declared war on the U.S. in 1998. Unfortunately the U.S. didn't respond in kind until after 9/11.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Can I just suspect any of you revellers here of being a terrorist, air strike you, blow you into smitherines and then dance on your grave?

subz... tell that to the terrorist who "hoorah" when the 3000 people on 9/11 dies...

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
djohnsto77, you can call the War on Terror a real War all you like. Its not and never will be a legal war.

Also I couldnt give a rats what terrorist do. They are criminals and not meant to be the basis for civilized peoples behaviour.

Terrorists should not be emulated and the rejoicing you people are spouting on the death of a suspected criminal is wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong/.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by Subz

Your making quite a reputation for yourself arnet u?

For being highly annoying!

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I guess I value ethics and decorum more highly than being popular. Oh woes me.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This is just propaganda.......another no-name guy that noone cared about prior to 9/11 is killed and now we have people frothing at the mouth that the 'War on Terror' is a success and most everything is justified because war is war.

For Shame.........I refuse to have any kind of emotional reaction to stories of this nature.....because that is what it is designed for.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
What makes a war legal?

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

2: a legal state created by a declaration of war and ended by official declaration during which the international rules of war apply;

Its legal when a war is declared against a clearly defined enemy, not a vagary. There are international rules governing warfare which are completely ignored with the so called "war on terror".

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Al-Qaeda and terrorist states are clearly defined.

They want to kill US Citizens.

Roper

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It pains me to say it but Subz has a point, he is only a suspected terrorist. If we kill everyone who is a suspected terroist will this not just cause more problems?

Is this not the same as killing everyone who is a suspected criminal? List of things goes on, although I'm pro-death penalty, you can't do it to people without a legal process even in times of war - unless it is in a "Be killed or kill" situation.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
subz, Ronald Reagan? You compare that man to the likes of terrorists who murder the innocent and burn children?

By me, Ronald Reagan never did that.

Do you live in a country threatened by terrorism? Because if you do, and you don't give a rats ass about what the terrorists do, I'm sure you'll care when they come a'knockin' on YOUR FRONT DOOR.

Perhaps when those who don't care fall victim to a terrorist attack, perhaps then they will care.

So, until the day that you are personally hurt by a terrorist and/or terrorist attack, you go right ahead and not care. Unfortunately, it will mean caring citizens will be in harm's way because you did nothing about it.

Glad they got this guy.

-wD

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
WebDevil, if you live your life in fear you're nothing more then a slave. I grew up with the IRA bombing near to where I lived, I now travel between Birmingham, London and Oxford in England, three of the major Cities and yet do I fear terrorism? Of course not.

Terroism is a "made up" problem. If there were really Millions of people trying to destory the West, like they think there is - we would see it. There would be a lot more attacks on Western Soil...but there is not. The IRA had less then 100,000 members and could still do attack after attack. So why can't these "extreme" terrorists?

I even have friends who serve in the forces, one who is dead and two who are in Iraq right now. They've even admitted we've done more harm then good. After Afganistan Terrorism was going down, World Governments were working together to stop the small problem that it is but by attacking Iraq we made it worse (although I'm glad Saddam has gone) and if we attack North Korea or Iran the whole thing will blow up in our faces and we will see those "millions" of people.

Just remember one thing, people like the Black Panthers were classed as terrorists by the Government for self-defence.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Warfare is not a game where one side can call time and claim the other side is cheating. There are no rules...

We are fighting individuals that care nothing for the law and the rights of others. They will simply kill you for being an American.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Maybe we can send Subz to all these terrorists hideouts, where he can read them their rights or hand them a subpoena. Then we'll see if him and his head make it out of there still joined at the neck (or the a$$ in his case), and if not, what his thoughts on terrorists rights are at that point.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Careful with the insults, im a bit mod litigious at moment.

BOT, I too live in the UK. We've seen more terrorist attacks than the USA will ever see. The United States sponsored the IRA up until the Clinton era. My family decends from Belfast and they have been subjected to terrorism.

I can forgive most of the comments here as scared people resort to all sorts of tactics.

My point though is we are meant to be protecting our society from terrorism but with the same token we are systematically eroding our society any way.

One of the basic tennents of our way of life in Britain and the United States is the rule of law. When we start carrying out executions of suspected criminals with no trial or attempts at capture we lose part of our society.

Child molesters are vile, evil scum but we dont air strike them before we give them a trial. Murderers are a bigger threat to us than terrorists are but we dont blow up suspected murders, we give them a trial.

Terrorists are evil and scum but we have been indocrinated post-IRA era to view terrorists (or even suspected terrorists) as having to be killed without a trial. This is not what our society stands for, even with in such a scared state as it is now.

We are not at war with terrorists, that is absurd. They are criminals not a country/state. Are we at war with murderers? No? Well we bloody should be before terrorists as they are the crminals that are the greatest threat to our lives!

Hate me all you want, I really dont care. But im not going to idly sit by and watch as our societies are systematically degraded by scared people with big guns.

new topics

top topics

join