It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Software for UFO Researchers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I came across this website selling a DOS based program and database of UFO reports throughout the world. Some of the plots it produces are pretty interesting, and it apparently has about 90 different ways to filter the data and produce different reports.

There are lots of sample maps on this website. www.larryhatch.net...

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Cool site, it's very interesting to see the distribution.

It seems most are over the U.S., Britain, France and the Benelux countries.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Yeah, interesting how how the U.S, U.K, France, and some other highly developed European countries are all lit up with dots, but the dots are scarce in places such as Africa, South America, Asia, etc.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
That's probably because the lack of communications over there...for the most part.

When someone says they saw a UFO, people swarm to it in the US. In Africa it could easily go un-noticed, or just un-said.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBurns
That's probably because the lack of communications over there...for the most part.

When someone says they saw a UFO, people swarm to it in the US. In Africa it could easily go un-noticed, or just un-said.

That’s certainly true, I was however disappointed to see IMO the best , most well documented cases from Brazil left out , namely the '77 Colares/Belem Flap.

For some reason this case is not as widely known about in the U.S. as I think it should be. Imagine that!

Edit: Although that one case would have been hard to plot , and taken a lot of time with over 2000 reports from eyewitness' in the area and the report /ratio from Operation Prato is fairly extensive. To plot that one case would have lit up Brazil like a Christmas tree, seeing only a few plots in Brazil on this site was , to me , disappointing.

Not that Brazil is the only thing I'm interested in .. There was some cool things about this site , I'm interested in learning more about a plot I saw on the site very close to my town , where I have had my own encounter.
I'd like to this type of mapping done in an even more extensive , and up to date format.

[edit on 24-6-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Yeah, I think this guy has been around for a while, gotta give him props for putting up this page

www.larryhatch.net...

Nice find.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Great find there. That's really a nice piece of work, but I find that discredit page vastly more useful (especially for this forum!)

Very good work.

new topics

top topics

join