It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremist views from Pro-American ATSers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
If only the people you claim are only criticizing the U.S didnt spend so much time googling things which they can post here, to bring America down they might not be labled Anti-American

I mean seriously find me one thread made by one of these people you claim are only criticizing that doesnt involve some sort of low blow or insult directed at the U.S

Ive never seen one of these people post any realistic solutions to the problems they complain about, i mean there only sollution to iraq is

PULL OUT NOW oh yeah thats a realistic sollution that will not make things worse then they already are...

They ALWAYS post negative things about the U.S, never anything positive., because that certainly wouldnt fit there hate mongering Anti-American agenda now would it...

I mean in the rare occasion you see a Positive post about Iraq, or the U.S or anything inbetween, the haters swarm in and start picking at every little thing they can just so they can meet there thread by thread Anti U.S quota..

[edit on 25-6-2005 by C0le]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
By the same token, rabidly patriotic posters rarely post anything negative about the US.

The bias has parties on both sides of the coin.

(curiosity begs the question: How many people who don't support the Iraq action actually want the US to pull out now? Even die-hard pacifists generally agree that doing so would be tragically foolish. The problem also lies in how it started, and under what questionable reasons - not just what to do once we've gone in and made such a mess).

[edit on 25-6-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Passer By
As for America's aid - where did that come from?

YOU basically asked for it. This is YOUR quote -

if America stopped invading countries, bullying their allies,
and just generally acting like a dick -

So I provided information about how America HELPS, is generous,
and isn't 'dickish'. That's how adult conversations work.
Give and take. Back and forth.

How childish can you be. You sound like .. (blah blah blah)

Actually, you are the one that looks silly here kiddo.
You are upset because a CONVERSATION is going on.
You say America acts like a 'dick'. I balance that and
show how it isn't with FACTS instead of just anti-America
emotion like your post had.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Flayers, I am not upset at all, if you think that because you act nice(Or human) that gives a right to act horrible(starting illegal wars) then thats great - horribly wrong, but whatever works for you I guess.

Hey, I wonder if I give a street person some change, maybe I can kick the crap out of someone else. Sure no one could possibly find anything wrong with that, and if they do they are just Anti-Me. LOL!!

Brilliant!

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

if America stopped invading countries, bullying their allies,
and just generally acting like a dick

The film, Team America, springs to mind here.

"Pussies don't like dicks, as they get f**ked by them, but pussies don't like arseholes either. Arseholes s*it on everyone, be they pussies or dicks. Dicks may f*ck pussies too, but only they can f*ck Arseholes, so whilst pussies and dicks may disagree from time to time, they both don't like Arseholes and need the dicks to sort it out....."

Or something to that effect!

I like the Team America theme tune too....

"AMERICA.....f*ck yeah! Coming in to save the mother-f*cking day, yeah!"

Although I most certainly don't agree with everything the Yanks get up too, it's the lesser of two evils in my mind. And that is a benefit of "democracy", whilst we may get pissed off at the Yanks doing their thing, it is much better than the alternative of a world full of assholes....

Having said that...... Bush is still a twat.

[edit on 25/6/05 by stumason]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I like the Team America theme tune too....

"AMERICA.....f*ck yeah! Coming in to save the mother-f*cking day, yeah!"

Although I most certainly don't agree with everything the Yanks get up too, it's the lesser of two evils in my mind. And that is a benefit of "democracy", whilst we may get pissed off at the Yanks doing their thing, it is much better than the alternative of a world full of assholes....

Team America is a sarcastic, hilarious commentary to patriotic sentiments Americans felt after the 9/11 attacks and the attitudes the world have for Americans surrounding the Iraqi war and terrorists. I enjoyed the film but I get the inside joke.

By the way, I'm just a d*ck slamming on a-holes who slam and bash my country.

Have you seen Matt Stone/Trey Parker's other film, "South Park: the Movie"? Now that's hilarious.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Welcome thaei!

Various and sundry...

Originally posted by FlyersFan there is nothing wrong with people being proud of their nationality and heritage

I very much agree. However, pride of one's nationality must also include respect for other people's pride in their nationality, and some posters - granted, a minority - seem not to understand that non-Americans may not wish to be like Americans... and that it's just their own national pride, not anti-Americanism.

Originally posted by djohnsto77It seems there are more than a handful of ATS users who seem to have nothing better in life to do than to scour every questionable website on the Internet for news that makes America look bad and then post it on this board with an even greater spin on it.

I see far fewer people doing this from the other side.

Although it seems to have calmed down now, until a few months ago a number of posters seemed intent on finding anything they could that made France look bad. Someone even found a "hidden motive" behind France providing extra flu shots to the U.S. last winter.

I do agree with you, though, people who show no ability to be nuanced in their appreciation of another country (be it the U.S or France) are quite tiresome.

Originally posted by ulshadowBut some ATSers all they post is anti-american... i have seen ATSers their every post must contain a anti-american statement... I am thinking Siroos ... and Syria Sister plus their anti-american statements are way to the left or the right...

Yes, but on the other hand you'll hear a lot of anti-world statements from posters like LA_Maximus or American Mad Man. So Siroos and Syria Sister is sauce for the goose. But you can't generalize their positions to all liberals or all conservatives on this board.

Originally posted by the_oleneoObviously, there are some people who are more misinformed about Americans, the nature of being American and the American politics. They assume or presume most Americans are too dumb, arrogant, cocky and dangerous on the basis of their national leadership and policies upon the world and casted them as "extremists" in the same light as nazis or terrorists. This is a terribly inaccurate perception and it's far from the truth.

On that point, I think one of the best things that happened to me was to date an American girl. Travelling to the States and meeting the people in her life has shown me that the vast majority of Americans are pretty much the same as anyone else in this world... human beings trying to be as happy as they can in this life.

No time to check out page 4... gotta go out, in the sweltering weather...

Edited to take out italic font

[edit on 25-6-2005 by Otts]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
i think that if the world has problems,
thats the entire worlds responsibility to sort out.
if the world thinks its a problem that needs sorting that is.
but when one country makes a decision like that which will so greatly affect the rest of the world,
well.........
what gives any country the right to do that?
and im not even gona comment on any possible other motives for going into iraq,
thats a discussion for another day.
but even assuming it was only ever about freedom and democracy
i still dont see why one single country would have the right to go and do something like that and then have al these other nations have to come in to clean up the mess.
and the problem is that its not a mess that anyone except the iraqi's themselves can clean up.
the same thing happened in afghanistan.
one nation invades another,
then the rest of us have to clean up the mess.
and it was a mess to.
i was there cleaning it up in Bamian,
it was a pathetic situation and Bamian was one of the least violent areas that i saw over there.
correct me if im wrong but isnt it an international descision about how to solve such a problem?
instead of one country making all the descisions and taking all the power onto themselves?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join