It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremist views from Pro-American ATSers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone

It is good to see that characters typecast by the first post are happy to act out their role on the stage of international cyberspace.

And Masked you are carrying out your role and someone who cannot grasp the fact that America is at WAR. And even being at war we go out of our way to rebuild and protect people who live in the nations we are attacking.

Yes I understand! Yes!

These words are Bush ephemisms:

1. "WAR" = noble, patriotic, "wartime President" rationalization for foreign occupation based on a package of treacherous lies, in the achievement of specific political and economic objectives that have nothing whatsover to do with terrorism or national security interests or the people of the US.

2. "Rebuilding" = the spoils of war; crony capitalism at its best - corrupt institutions securing no-bid contracts to carry out projects at highly inflated prices to transfer wealth from US taxpayers to corporate coffers.

Go Bushophiles go. Remember to explain to your children what it is that you got behind and supported, when they wonder what happened to the country they read about in textbooks of yore.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This post is just a stillborn twin.

Look, over yonder, it's Elvis!

[edit on 24-6-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Passer By

it is the only possible excuse.

A picture of Passer or Masked i'm not sure....

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Not me.

My butt is in better shape, but even so, I don't do enough yoga to be that flexible.

Humorectomy and the loss of social graces are often byproducts of Bush sycophantism.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Yes you caught me, it is a self portrait, I call it "Learning to be a neo-con", Notice the high rump just waiting for the corperate piston

I admitt it isn't a picture of a can of soup, but, to some - it's art.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Masked,

I am no sycophant; I just try to relate the facts to you vulgarains. I find flattery to be a hollow jesture and my love for this great nation is not hollow but full of love and wonder!!

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
thaei, welcome aboard.

Im just a plain ol pick-up truck driving, beer drinking conservative....Im no Bush cheerleader, but I do think the Liberals have showed that they want America to lose this war and be "humbled".

Most people in here on both sides are cool, but don't let the jerks get you down, the "ignore" feature works very well.

If I only had a buck for every time Ive been called a Raciest or a Nazi, because I support America and I want to see her win against the 3rd world scum we're fighting....and yeah it does piss us conservatives off to see our soldiers get spit upon, while tears are being shed for the garbage at Guantanamo Bay.

If supporting America makes me an extremist, than so be it.

Maximu§

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
thats all well and good maximus, but democracy provides the option of descent. i dont want to see more people die, but yes - i really do think the average american needs a good awakening, i dont mean death.

your patriotism is admirable, but your blind faith makes it scarey. Conservative, liberal - whatever, what is it that you love? the land, the people, the ~freedom~ of America? or an administration, a party line, an agenda.

America is my hometeam too, but I wont cover up if my team starts cheating.

You love america enough that your efforts want the US to win, like hometeam every time *no matter what*. I love america enough that my efforts want america to win when its right, and correct its own faults when its not. I want the collective america to learn, yes.

It seems being right is more important than learning to you.

You want robots, We want thinkers.

*no matter what* -extremist.

btw, excellent thread and first post to the author
Welcome!

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
but it doesn't explain why there are so few anti-DPRK or anti-PRC or anti-Myanmar or anti-Iran or anti-Indonesia or anti-Rwanda or anti-Zimbabwe-posts, does it?

Because being anti-America is 'cool' 'in' 'hip' 'farout' 'in vogue' ..
whatever. Jeanne Garafasomethingorother (can't remember her name)
that Hollywood halfwit actress - was asked why Hollywood loved
to protest Bush and his going into Iraq without full UN backing, but
they ignored Clinton going into Kosovo without any UN backing at
all. She said it wasn't 'cool' to protest Clinton but it was very cool
to protest Bush.

That's why there are so few anti-anyone-else protests ... because
it isn't cool to protest unless it's anti-American. It's the fad. The 'in'
thing. Like having pet rocks was. And the sheeple follow .....

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Passer By
Hey, if America stopped invading countries, bullying their allies, and ijust generally acting like a dick - maybe that ol public image would shine up a bit huh?

Uh .. no. Being 'blame-America-first' is much easier and more fun.

Example - America had given over 200 million metric tons of food
to North Korea between 1995 and 2003. All Clinton asked in
return was that they not make Nuclear weapons. What happened?
They made them and demanded more food. They COULD have used
their $$$ and resources to feed their people but nooooooooo, they
used their $$ and resources to make nukes AND demand more free
food.

Americans privately gave 4 billion to the victims of the Tsunami.
That is NOT including what we gave with our tax money through
the Government. And there were still idiots out there yelling that
we didn't give enough.

There are some people out there that just want to blame America
no matter what the facts say. It makes them feel better about
themselves for some twisted reason.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
and thats the real problem, our youth have determined it is more important to be cool than to actually be informed about something. i cringed as all those deadhead celebrities vouched for Kerry as if he was somehow better. Those farking idiots, hollywood is a bunch of coked nosed bisexuals! Some of them pretend to have character, but thats usually in front of the camera. Why are they regarded as any sort of athority by the masses is beyond me. So sad.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Dallas - seeing as my thread has spawned to more than 70 replies, it is very clear that it is written in plain english. Seeing that you have "dfifficulty" understanding it, maybe it is because of your thoughts not "resonating" with what i said. Maybe you dont like reading something you dont agree with.

I want to clear up the issue that seems imply that i ONLY SEE pro-US extremist post. NOWHERE in my post did i glorify or downplay the extremist anti-american posts. i NEVER mentioned that there are more pro-us extremist than anti-american extremist in ats. Flyer jumped to conclusion on that one seeing that my post is about pro-us extremist.

Notice that I choose the word EXTREMIST to exist along the description rather than the word pro-us alone. Being pro-us is not equal to being an extremist american. Everyone could love and be loyal to their country without mentioning things such as NUKE OUR ENEMY or MY COUNTRY CAN RULE THE WORLD.

What I want to point out is that I CAN DIFFERENTIATE between moderate pro-american and extremist ones. Fitting the "american cowboy" image(as someone pointed out) does not make you an extremist. It is what you believed in that really counts.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost
and thats the real problem, our youth have determined it is more important to be cool than to actually be informed about something. i cringed as all those deadhead celebrities vouched for Kerry as if he was somehow better. Those farking idiots, hollywood is a bunch of coked nosed bisexuals! Some of them pretend to have character, but thats usually in front of the camera. Why are they regarded as any sort of athority by the masses is beyond me. So sad.

I agree there lost, its hollywood that lost the election for Kerry, nothing bring out Bush supporters (and old people for Bush) like woopie goldberg saying something about politics!!

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone

I agree there lost, its hollywood that lost the election for Kerry, nothing bring out Bush supporters (and old people for Bush) like woopie goldberg saying something about politics!!

Kerry and crew had a little to do with it too
I mean using the "Vietnam Vet" promo as your main platform kinda backfired don't ya think? That and the fact that many people couldn't really identify with Kerry or what exactly he wanted to do when he got in office also had alot to do. People were left with 2 choices, Bush, or someone other than Bush (unless you were someone who is not controlled by the masses, can use your own brain, and voted for someone other than the "lesser of 2 evils", like me
)

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Very true Kerry shot himself in the foot many different times and ways...

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thaei
I want to clear up the issue that seems imply that i ONLY
SEE pro-US extremist post. ...

What is puzzling is that you brought up pro-us extremist
posting, which is a very rare thing here. A 'problem' could
be the VAST number of extremist anti-us postings that
betray the in-fad anti-American ignorance of some, but yet
you chose to bring to people's attention something that
practically doesn't exhist. It's just odd. Considering this
thread is 4 pages long and we have yet to have a link
to even one of these alleged extremist postings .... a feat
that would require a person to wade through the mire of
anti-American postings - it's kinda like talking about the
Tooth Fairy or Santa Claus at this point.

i NEVER mentioned that there are more pro-us
extremist than anti-american extremist in ats.

That's right. This is your quote from page 2

the fact that there are still many extremist pro-us post

'many'. Where are these 'many'?? I see many extremist anti-American
posts and threads. I don't see any extremist pro-American ones.
Got any to show us? Don't go digging up Dr. H's threads, he's been
banned and gone for weeks, if not a month or two. I can look at
the 'War on Terror' forum and see at least 5 Anti-American threads
started by Souljah (so what else is new
) got any extreme pro-American threads that are started without any facts to back them up?

Flyer jumped to conclusion on that one seeing
that my post is about pro-us extremist.

No I didn't. I politely suggested that you examine your motives
and reasonings to start a thread that there are 'many' extremist
pro-American threads/postings. I suggested that perhaps you lean
towards the other direction politically and that when there are postings
or threads that are pro-American, that those stick out more in your
mind than the others because it goes against your grain therefore
you notice them more easily. (they are probably not 'extremist'
at all but just plain ol' pro-American with facts.)

That's just plain ol' basic psychology. You notice that which you
disagree with before you notice that which you agree with.

[edit on 6/24/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
FLYERSFAn,

Not at all, I am against violence as any modern human should be. I can defend myself and am very good at it, as such I feel no need to try and force myself on others. If only bush and company - not to mention their lemmings, had the same respect for life.

As for America's aid - where did that come from? Have I said they don't? How childish can you be. You sound like the child that gets cought stealing and says well, at least I did my homework. Two seperate issues, because you act nice(or should I say human) in one area doesn't give you the right to wage an unprovoted war in another area does it?

Comman sense - it isn't so comman anymore. Least of all with the Bush lemmings.

OYG

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I agree that some who support Bush stand behind him because they just like to see the home team win... and who can blame them that's what patriotism does... and that is exactly why this country is at war... it is just an essential phase in the lifecycle of the the american brand of capitalism... peace is just bad business... in the present system people have to see things objectively (movement of capital) yet they are encouraged by the media to be emotional and by reading some of the things people say on these boards it is easy to see that...Like these missing children cases especially the one in Aruba, what makes this little blonde girl who has gone missing so important, or are they just trying to scare the average american conservative to not travel overseas so they won't contract liberalism... That would be a big strech but I know that excessive use of the national colors and use of loaded words such as freedom, democracy, terrorism, 9/11, etc. in the news makes patriotic americans feel a certain way...

I mean if these conservatives are such good christians why don't they turn the other cheek? I have never read the bible but I know there is a line in there somewhere about that together with some things about aiding the poor...

I also notice that the term fact and free speech are used quite often on this site... before I came to this discussion I was on a board that talked about how china killed protesters who supported democracy... a brutal yet efficient way to control ideas and the population (clarity of the gene pool)... however I would like to argue that free speech is just as effective as execution when taming the masses... free speech is like spamming, there is only so much information a human can absorb... so if a human were flooded with conflicting information then he or she would not know which was fact or fiction... It is clever... the powers that be just keep the information that they want the people to believe in the most accessible places...dictatorships of the past would be proud... the accessibility of information combined with the promotion of greed and lust in the media is what keeps the opposition from organizing and the consumers consuming...

there... I know many of you out there don't speak ADD so please just try to understand the phrases and not this post as a whole... much love to the originator of this thread for beginning a discussion that brought both sides along the great divide not to sling mud but to present there stance... Godspeed to all who seek Babylon's elusive exits...

[edit on 24-6-2005 by OYG]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
So, no free speech is bad and free speech is bad? Give me a break!!

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by thaei
I want to clear up the issue that seems imply that i ONLY
SEE pro-US extremist post. ...

What is puzzling is that you brought up pro-us extremist
posting, which is a very rare thing here.

- Rare? Not for me or anyone who agrees with me. Just like you said, "You notice that which you disagree with before you notice that which you agree with." It works both ways if you want it that way.

A 'problem' could
be the VAST number of extremist anti-us postings that
betray the in-fad anti-American ignorance of some, but yet
you chose to bring to people's attention something that
practically doesn't exhist.

- No, it exists. You just dont see them or thinks that it is perfectly moderate. Even "fundamentalist terrorists" dont think they sound like an extremist.

i NEVER mentioned that there are more pro-us
extremist than anti-american extremist in ats.

That's right. This is your quote from page 2

the fact that there are still many extremist pro-us post

'many'. Where are these 'many'?? I see many extremist anti-American
posts and threads. I don't see any extremist pro-American ones.

- like you said "You notice that which you disagree with before you notice that which you agree with." Besides most of the extremist pro-american posts are replies within a thread rather than being the thread topic. As an example, I recalled reading a post about US holding a NUKE blackmail over Mecca thats why there is no WMD attack on US soil (dont ask me for a link, i tried finding one but can seem to locate it even if using google). NOt to forget the countless "WE COULD BOMB YOU/THEM BACK TO THE STONE AGE" superiority complex.

Maybe I cant convince you that there are really EP-AA (Extreme Pro-american atsers, getting tired of typing that over and over) here but i will also not accept your claim of they almost being "non-existent".

If you like, you can start an EXtremist anti-american atsers thread and let the discussions go the other way. Like debating with you hope we met in the boards again someday.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join