It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremist views from Pro-American ATSers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Janus
Thats ok mate, no harm done

Techinical question ... I'm a girl. So am I still a mate?
Or is there a different (nice) term ya'll use for girls ??

You are in deed, we the UK, like the Aussies, call everyone mate. Regardless of age, sex, creed or colour
In Yorkshire we tend to call ladies Flower, but i got a good ear full from a Womens Lib type who took offence to that term so i dont use it any more.

[edit on 23-6-2005 by Janus]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
What you call them now Janus? The C word? XD

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
What you call them now Janus? The C word? XD

Not this one, she would have Hung, Drawn and Quartered me, scary lady she was.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
What I love is that now the term "Pro-American" is a negative thing. If you are labled that you are not someone who loves their own country, but someone who loves to destroy someone elses country. Hmmmmmm....

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

i got a good ear full from a Womens Lib type who took offence

Men can open doors for me ... they can also slam them in my face.
Either way ... what ever feels right for them. Usually they open the
doors though.
That's fine with me. The only doors that get slammed
on me are those 'on line' and not IRL. People in chat rooms tend to
do and say things that they usually wouldn't do IRL. The anon. avatars
make them bold.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
There are many more anti-American threads on this board IMHO. It seems there are more than a handful of ATS users who seem to have nothing better in life to do than to scour every questionable website on the Internet for news that makes America look bad and then post it on this board with an even greater spin on it.

I see far fewer people doing this from the other side.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
the term "Pro-American" is a negative thing.

Here it seems to be. Guess some of us 'pro-Americaners'
will just have to stick around and post FACTS that befuddle
the anti-Americans ... someone has to do it.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   

yeah right I post facts that show GITMO doesn't equal GULAG
and I'm labeled a 'world-blowing-up' American. Okay ..
whatever. The American part is correct

Hey, I never agreed with any of the massive "Anti-american" tripe thats out there either, I just don't blindly believe that the US is as good as it likes to portray itself and I object to the distorted world view many hold.

I am in no way an Anti-American and you can search my posts if you like.

Besides, my "welcome" to you was in jest, as you are a known right-winger (not inherently bad, mind you) so I was greeting you as the first on the thread

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Theres nothing wrong with being for your Country, i consider myself Pro-British but not Anti-European or Anti-American.
The only thing that bothers me on these forums just how quickly a discussion can turn from being civilized to becoming a mud slinging contest. But hey, thats human nature for ya
We will, all of us, defend our positions to the last if we believe in it strongly enough.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Flyer - It is true that there are some very anti-american post in ATS but that does not discount the fact that there are still many extremist pro-us post. basically, you have not prove me wrong at all.

btw, me mentioning that i am an internationalist does not automatically put me in the "left" as you seem to imply. In fact, the way the US promotes its form of government in the world and its almost having huge influence in many countries, it is the US that seems to embark on an 'internationalist' world government molded in its image and under its control.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by thaei
First of all, this is my first post (will point that out before someone discovers that and use it as a lame excuse for whatever reason).

Because people will say that your new and you don't know the way of ATS...

Although i have only applied for a membership here last week, Ive been a regular (almost daily) reader of the forum especially the war on terrorism, current events and aircraft project for almost 1 1/2 years. Given this time, ive seen so many personal opinions that is so outrageous that left me wondering how they could be used as arguments in an intelligent debate/discussion.

One and a half years
thats a insane long time to take you to sign up

My case in point:
1. Pro-US atsers urging NUKING NK, Iran preemptively. - no explanation needed here, views like this will never be legitimate in any discussion even if held with the neocons (although they may privately cherish the act). everybody, even the most anti-american atsers NEVER posts "AMERICA should be NUKED" but some overly patriotic posters openly endorse it on their enemy

Whats wrong with nuking?

2. PRO-US atsers claiming the ungodly superiority of the US military that they almost sound the same: "US can rule the world if we want, so thank us that we hadn't yet" - discussions regarding insurgents or military comparisons often lead to someone claiming this and someone agreeing with him/her.

but it is somewhat true... United States does have the ability to conquer the world but at the end it will be a showdown between the world nukes and US nukes so we all going to die anyway if the US does try to conquer the world... besides US people not going to be happy... there will be massive protest and there will be a 9/11 everyday... it's hard but not impossible

3. Any criticism of the US govt/policy always result to pro-us atsers claiming the poster as anti-american. no matter how legitimate the criticism is, there is bound to be someone saying: Your hatred of america has blinded you".

But some ATSers all they post is anti-american... i have seen ATSers their every post must contain a anti-american statement... I am thinking Siroos ... and Syria Sister
plus their anti-american statements are way to the left or the right...

4. Many same atsers criticize other governments for being dictatorial(censors the net, bans opposition) but when the same criticism of undemocratic practice is commited by the US govt. (patriot act) is made, some claim that those against the practice is unpatriotic. for parties concerned: "Is it that difficult to not see the obvious double standard in play here?"

glad you notice... down to hell with patriot act! but there are countries that we all know and cannot deny does cencers the net... hummm... i am thinking china?

I made this as an intelligent discussion. For those atsers that felt that my post was inadvertently aimed at you, please give a valid reason for discounting my view or providing a counter argument. personal attacks or calling me anti-american will not help and will just reinforce the validity of my post.

nope not me... i am a patriot american(chinese-american if you need more detail) but being a patriot american does not mean you have to agree with everything your government does...

As a final note, I am an internationalist. I believe in the final destiny of mankind that is united regradless of race, nationality.
we need to have WWIII before mankind learn that volience is not the answer...
anyway good post

[edit on 23-6-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
First of All I would Like to Welcome our new Member here on ATS!

Great First Post!

Secondly - when talking about Extremist Pro-American users, there is only one Quote in their heads Ringing non-stop:

"Either Your With US, or your with the Terrorists!"

And thats how it is here also.

By posting ANY kind of News related to this Imaginary War on Terror in an "Anti-Bush Way" you are Immediatly Labeled as Anti-American and a Fan of Terrorists, and to top it all, Osama is your Hero.

The Problem is, that you can not win this battle, for it is lost in the start.

You can not Force somebody to think the opposite way.

For them Guantanamo Bay is "Fine", War on Terror is a Success, Bush is a Genius and Iraq is Free and Liberated.

I find all of the statements above WRONG.

Thats why I am labeled as an Islamo-Fascist Terrorists Supporter.

Funniest thing is, that the Biggest Terrorists Organisation in the World is called CIA, for they have a LONG History of Sponsored Terrorism, and have been Hijacking Cuban Airplanes long before 9-11.

But thats Another Story.

Yes, there are Alot of Anti-American Threads - meaning what exactly?

That there are less Pro-American ATS Users?

Or that we were LIED to?

ALOT.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Theres nothing wrong with being for your Country, i consider myself Pro-British but not Anti-European or Anti-American.
The only thing that bothers me on these forums just how quickly a discussion can turn from being civilized to becoming a mud slinging contest. But hey, thats human nature for ya
We will, all of us, defend our positions to the last if we believe in it strongly enough.

This statement is the most honest one ever written in all of ATS.
Goodjob

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

By posting ANY kind of News related to this Imaginary War on Terror in an "Anti-Bush Way" you are Immediatly Labeled as Anti-American and a Fan of Terrorists, and to top it all, Osama is your Hero.

The Problem is, that you can not win this battle, for it is lost in the start.

You can not Force somebody to think the opposite way.

For them Guantanamo Bay is "Fine", War on Terror is a Success, Bush is a Genius and Iraq is Free and Liberated.

I find all of the statements above WRONG.

Thats why I am labeled as an Islamo-Fascist Terrorists Supporter.

First I want to welcome a new member.

WELCOME!

Souljah I think you started to win some battles. I just saw on another thread that skippytjc made a connection between Saudi Arabia, BushCo and Terrorism.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
my "welcome" to you was in jest

Yep, I knew that. That's why I posted a
and
a
and probably a few
as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted by Flyersfan
Yep, I knew that.

Oh, ok....sorry

Hehehehe

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by thaei
Flyer - It is true that there are some very anti-american post in ATS but that does not discount the fact that there are still many extremist pro-us post. basically, you have not prove me wrong at all.

Yes I did. Take another look. There definately are not 'many' extremist
pro-us posts. Not at all. And since Dr. Horacid was banned, I'd say that
it's hard to find many over the top radical right wing posts at all. Unless
you consider as extremist those posts that include FACTS that support
America'. Then there are a few. But, unfortunately, there definately aren't
even many of those here.

And for someone to consider those factually supportive posts as
'extremist' would mean that person was actually an extremist
- an anti-American extremist.

I repeat... there are not 'many' extremist pro-us posts. They are very
hard to find. However - If you would like to discuss the many extremist
anti-American posts and threads .. heck ... there would be A LOT to talk
about. The words 'Hitler' and 'Gulag' and 'Nazi' are tossed about against
America like candy and the posters of those words haven't got a clue what
they mean because if they did ... they wouldn't be using them.

[edit on 6/23/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

And since Dr. Horacid was banned, I'd say that
it's hard to find many over the top radical right wing posts at all.

Hmmm....Edsinger springs to mind, although he hasn't been seen for a while. Westpoint has toned down his rhetoric so I guess he doesn't count but there are few new faces to take there place.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Excellent post.

Can we now look forward to another post from you, entitled "Extremist views from Anti-American ATSers", or do you define "extremist" merely as someone whose weltanschauung differs from yours?

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Thats funny, I am in fact a PRO-US extremist,

But I do not agree with every foreign policy the US puts into action.

Nor do I agree with every domestic policy, but as a citizen we have to understand the things that are and are not in our control.

And yes sometimes I think our military has had there hands tied and COULD have used more agressive force but due to international pressures we do not use the full extent of our capabilities to disarm the "enemy".

For example we could have just leveled Falluja with a massive wave of Large Bombs a huge carpet run from B52 with 2,000 lb bombs and just wiped out the city if we wanted to, no nuke required. But our sense of steward ship and responsibility meant that we would have to fight it out with the terrorists on foot, causing the loss of many US soilders. IF we had shown no mercy, I doubt we would have the situation with the insurgents that we have today. They would know without a doubt that the US means business and when we bring the fight to them it is with the visciousness of a rabbid pitbull an attack so violent that you will remember it for as long as you live.

The US armed forces can inflict this kind of damage on a moments notice but are told not to to save public and international face.

We do not want the death of all muslims or arabs or any other person for that matter. But when you declare war on us or Jihad and think its okay to kill innocent civilians that have nothing to do with our Goverments foreign policy. And you make statements that all westerns are evil and should be slaughtered like pigs. Well then you have just bought your self some trouble. These people have brought it upon themselves they threaten to make our roads run like rivers with the blood of the dead. And its a good thing that our Goverment is not going to just sit back and let these people rattle their swords at us.

YOU WANT A FIGHT, WELL NOW YOU HAVE ONE.

And if our Goverment would just say enough is enough and take ultimate charge of this "war" we could and would show the entire world that the US is no country to mess with. Sometimes to win you have to play dirty.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join