It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else know of this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disaster_Boy

Originally posted by Janus
There is a strange hill in Scotland, near Edinburgh i think, that lets you free wheel up hill on a Bike but you have to peddle down hill. I tried to find it on google but with no luck. Maybe some one from Scotland can let us know what its called.
Bloody strange place tho.

We have one here in Victoria as well.

I'm from Melbourne. Where's the one in Victoria?

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The Oregon site was pretty cool. I just saw a show about it the other day too. It's amazing what your brain will do to you so that things make sense.

xu

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
there was one around here too, when you leave the car on clutch, the car starts to climb up the road. and it seemed really weird, however later some volunteers from a university made some measurements and found out that actually what appears to the viewer as an ascending road was actually a descending road. so it was an optical illusion afterall.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
oo oo i remember seeing that on t.v. a while ago too.(the original post one) just googled.
Just weird

This picture explains everything with the shadows casted on the wall. The top beam reflects an angled shadow while the boy floating or whatever he's doing lol casts van aligned shadow. Your brain wants to think the boy is slanted in some way, but he is not.

[edit on 24-6-2005 by Aether]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aether

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
oo oo i remember seeing that on t.v. a while ago too.(the original post one) just googled.
Just weird

This picture explains everything with the shadows casted on the wall. The top beam reflects an angled shadow while the boy floating or whatever he's doing lol casts van aligned shadow. Your brain wants to think the boy is slanted in some way, but he is not.

[edit on 24-6-2005 by Aether]

But does that mean the man is laying down on his back?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Either that or the strenght of the man's arm is holding the child in the air, while the child has his feet locked (lack of a better word) to the wall - I've never seen a house with the roofing on the side of the house.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It just seems like the way everything is situated the man should either be fallign (fromour perspective of him) either up or to his right because it looks like the kid is standing in the upper right corner of the room. oh wait, is the kid like laying down kind of? haha this is weird can someone explain it a little more please.

[edit on 25-6-2005 by xxblackoctoberxx]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join