It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else know of this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Years ago I saw on an episode of a show called Sightings and they showed a building that physics does not apply to, for instance all the marbles or balls you put down roll uphill, the building itself is an odd little shed but is a really weird, people look really tall or short according to where they are standing in it. Does anyone here know about this and where it is or have a webpage for it? I did a google search but could not find it. TIA

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Years ago I saw on an episode of a show called Sightings and they showed a building that physics does not apply to, for instance all the marbles or balls you put down roll uphill, the building itself is an odd little shed but is a really weird, people look really tall or short according to where they are standing in it. Does anyone here know about this and where it is or have a webpage for it? I did a google search but could not find it. TIA

They are "mystery spots" or magnetic/gravitational anomalies. I went to the one in Santa Cruz, CA and I don't care what the skeptics say, its not purely optical illusions. Immediately upon crossing the vortex's border, I could feel a change in the magnetic field throughout my whole being, and it lasted for about a half hour after we had driven back into town.
www.mysteryspot.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   
You might be referring to the Oregon Vortex. Oregonvortex.com or google Oregon vortex. It just so happens to be for sale if you happen to be loaded.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I reckon you have to experience it to believe it, which can be said for a great many things posted on this site.

Gravity, Guide's Knees Affected by Multidimensional Reality

Santa Cruz "Mystery Spot" Explained

Think I may put this on my itinery when I hit the states.

[edit on 23-6-2005 by Koka]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Perhaps the blatant skeptic like me should take a trip to one of these holes in spacetime, eh?

If the laws of physics didnt apply in these ideas, you'd think the atoms would fall apart and earth would collapse on this area, but eh, we'll see...

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
There is a strange hill in Scotland, near Edinburgh i think, that lets you free wheel up hill on a Bike but you have to peddle down hill. I tried to find it on google but with no luck. Maybe some one from Scotland can let us know what its called.
Bloody strange place tho.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
There is a strange hill in Scotland, near Edinburgh i think, that lets you free wheel up hill on a Bike but you have to peddle down hill. I tried to find it on google but with no luck. Maybe some one from Scotland can let us know what its called.
If this is true, well it deserves another

Ill go and investigate if anyone can tell me where it is!!

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I had a very similar experience on the way to Dent Station in Cumbria.

We freewheeled for about a mile, whilst we perceived ourselves as going up hill.

I'm not sure if the road was known for it or not.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Yes. The house's 'supernatural' phenomena only occur because of the angle the house is built referenced to the ground (it's not flat). Your brain automatically wants to think this and that will happen, and in the house events are still obeying the laws of physics, but your brain believes they are not.

This house you can stand at a horizontal angle on a wooden planck, correct?

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar

If this is true, well it deserves another

Ill go and investigate if anyone can tell me where it is!!

One more thing, I guess you havent been there your self have you?

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
No sorry, isaw it on the news when i was a kid.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
oo oo i remember seeing that on t.v. a while ago too.(the original post one) just googled.

People on a slant.. or straight?
Not sure
Standing at an angle
Just weird

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Now you think the government or at least a few scientists would be interested in these 'mystery spots'. But no, all the known locations are tourist attractions. Doesn't that make you wonder?

Its a shame all these spots are located on the west coast or in Europe. God Pennsylvania is so boring.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TJ11240

Its a shame all these spots are located on the west coast or in Europe. God Pennsylvania is so boring.

I wouldn't say so, your Country was born in Pennsylvania wasn't it? The Declaration of independence was signed there wasn't it? And doesn't the Liberty Bell reside in that State? Something to be proud of i think and much less boring than a hill in Scotland

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx

oo oo i remember seeing that on t.v. a while ago too.(the original post one) just googled.

People on a slant.. or straight?
Not sure
Standing at an angle
Just weird

Those made my head hurt!!
The first one looked a bit ''photoshopped'' (damn it I sound stupid saying that)

EDIT- No actuallt it didnt, just me being a

[edit on 23-6-2005 by Zanzibar]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
nonono, there's not photoshopping, and there is no reason for scientists to study these spots. As said before there has been shows about these places that explain everything, im pretty sure the one with the pictures are built into a hillside so first off things are tilted then they tilt everything the other way or something weird, or they tilt it even more the same way, they dont show you the actual horizon line they basically create one for you by the way everything is situated so it messes with your brain... or something!

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   

We have one here in Victoria as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

it's called 'Electric Brae'

www.eureka4you.com...

I drove by it a few months ago and tried it out. Left the car in neutral and it seemed to go uphill while apparently facing downhill. It's just an optical illusion.
Here's a quote from the site

"After trying this natural phenomenon you may question it's causes. Well, we don't want to disappoint you, but whether it is called a Magnetic Hill, Gravity Hill, Mystery Hill or Electric Brae it is an optical illusion. It has nothing to do with magnetic fields, electricity or unknown forces working along mysterious lines. "

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disaster_Boy

We have one here in Victoria as well.

And here in NSW as well. Dear God! There everywhere

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Yep the oregon vortex is the one I was talking about. www.oregonvortex.com...
I had no idea there were so many such places on earth. Here is a list of the ones in the USA, it has pics and has a list to the left of several others from all over the US. www.roadsideamerica.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join