It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Story...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I just went over to get my retainer from the bookshelf (don't ask) and there was a spider sitting on it!

Now--it's nearly 2AM here and, being an arachniphobe as I am, I screamed quite loud!

Just thought I would share...god I hate spiders...

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
lol got to say i know how you feel.... i once stayed up for 3 days due to a spider being in my room lol.. had to have my friends empty the room to get the spider out,

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Just to make you guys "more comfortable"...For every spider you actually see, there are about 40 more within 15 feet of you. Chew on that one.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Just to make you guys "more comfortable"...For every spider you actually see, there are about 40 more within 15 feet of you. Chew on that one.

Ha Ha!! You just robbed anyone reading that of some serious sleep time tonight! Good One!
I am not scared of spiders, but i don't like knowing there is one in view, if there is, i put it in a cup, and place it outside, or if it escapes behind a desk or something, thats fine.
I did freak out when i was younger, staying up late watching TV, i was drifting a bit, and this huge mofo spider came crawling down on to my leg... I almost went throught the roof!
They don't really bother me now.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I hate spiders as much as the next guy, but I leave them alone unless it is particularly huge or nasty. Those spiders eat all the other bugs you dont want, so a few here and there are alright with me. Id rather have a few spiders hiding from me 99% of the time than ants and flys bugging the $h!t out of me 100% of the time!

[edit on 23-6-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I hope your just joking, because I see alot of spiders in my hose.

[edit on 23-6-2005 by Striker122]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Um.....Erm.....Yes, I was kidding. But if you want to continue to believe I was kidding, WHATEVER you do, dont scroll down!!

"A person steps upon thousands of insects whenever walking outdoors. In an oak forest in Pennsylvania, researchers counted the number of arthropods in leaf litter and soil in samples that were one foot square and three inches deep. They found an average of 9,759 arthropods per square foot. Based on these counts, the researchers estimated that there were more than 425 million soil and litter arthropods per acre (43,560 square feet) of forest. How many would be in a square mile, which includes 640 acres? In this study, mites (Class Arachnida) were the most abundant kind of animal, averaging more than 294 million per acre. Springtails (Class Hexapoda, Order Collembola), which are closely related to insects, averaged 119 million. Insects and other arthropods averaged 11 million per acre.

The number of insects and other arthropods floating and flying through the air are phenomenal. A researcher named P. A. Glick collected insects in special traps that were placed on airplanes flying over Tallulah, Louisiana. He collected 30,033 specimens in the air, including wingless insects and spiders that were air blown. He calculated that a cubic mile of air, starting 50 feet above the ground, contained an average of 25,000,000 insects and other arthropods"

top topics

join