It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

myan calander picture representatoin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
i have looked all over for an accurate pictoral representation for the myan calander. i know its round and i know its elaborate. does anyone out there have a tip for me? or better yet, a location or book that has this item in it? i am doing research on the myan calander and i am in dire need of some pictoral representations of this for my work. please help!!

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Here is a thumbnail of a much larger image:

Try doing a google image search under the correct spelling "Mayan Calendar" and you will find several more.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
``

sorry, gemini6767,
some months ago i dumped the pic of the round stone 'calendar'/ wheel

but you might begin here at www.world-mysteries.com...

you might find some links or something, i think..?? that's how i found that
80k image in the 1st place...

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
There's some good books on it (and a lot of bad ones). Here's a very nice page on it with clear explainations and a closeup of some of the symbols:
webexhibits.org...

The About.com page on it is thorough (though I despise about.com because of all their popups and other ads:
ancienthistory.about.com...

And just for amusement -- here's today's date in the Mayan calendar inscriptions:
www.wohlmut.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Byrd ,

I'd be interested in checking out any " good " books you might be inclined to recommend.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
hey you guys, thanks for the leads. you rock! i hope to find a detaliled picture of the maya calander round. i have learned much needed information thanks to you taking the time to respond. thank you all, sincerely gemini6767

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I uploaded a PDF document you might find useful:

www.coastzone.com...

Sean

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Novelty theory from Terence McKenna
en.wikipedia.org...
The graph shows at what times, but never at what locations, novelty is increasing or decreasing. According to the timewave graph, great periods of novelty occurred about 4 billion years ago when Earth was formed, 65 million years ago when dinosaurs were extinct and mammals expanded, about 10,000 years ago after the end of the ice age, around late 18th century when social and scientific revolutions progressed, during the sixties, around the time of 9/11, and with coming novelty periods in November 2008, October 2010, with the novelty progressing towards the infinity on 21st December 2012

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Would be really interesting if anyone could share a high-def image of the calendar itself, ive been meaning to use it in a future research project i have planned.

top topics

join